Rep and Rep Power System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

Dec 22, 2006
OK, this clearly needs an overhaul.

I just made some initial adjustments, but would like input on how it should be set up.

The variables in play are:

____ Age in days per 1 point of rep power

____ Posts per 1 point of rep power

____ Rep Points per 1 point of rep power

Anyone have thoughts on the right mix here?

I altered it to 1 point of power per 90 days, 1000 posts and 100 rep points.

10 is bette than the 2 I started out with tonight but I think I should be around the 50 mark to make it a level playing field, Scooter?;)

I have a rep power of 78 - I am SO with that. :D:D:D:D

(Can I keep it? Huh?? Can I?!)

I have a rep power of 78 - I am SO with that. :D:D:D:D

(Can I keep it? Huh?? Can I?!)

I may need to modify things just to eliminate the perception of tit for tat being created here.

And should I consider your PM an actual BRIBE to keep the rep system as it is now? :shock:

Holy Cowbell, Batman. :wtf:

5StringJeff's rep power is over 100. :bowdown:

That kind of power comes with some serious responsibility!

I may need to modify things just to eliminate the perception of tit for tat being created here.

And should I consider your PM an actual BRIBE to keep the rep system as it is now? :shock:

Oh, hell yeah! I make a mean chocolate chip toffee pecan cookie. :D

In fact, I think I'll go test it.. Roomy! Want some negative rep? :D

Careful, all I need is proper motivation to go back to 1 point per 1000 posts and 1000 rep.

OK, this clearly needs an overhaul.

I just made some initial adjustments, but would like input on how it should be set up.

The variables in play are:

_365__ Age in days per 1 point of rep power

_300__ Posts per 1 point of rep power

_100__ Rep Points per 1 point of rep power

Anyone have thoughts on the right mix here?

I altered it to 1 point of power per 90 days, 1000 posts and 100 rep points.

One rep power per year. Lurking should NOT increase rep power much at all.
One rep power for every 300 posts.
One rep power for every 100 points of rep received.

I'm more of a quality-oriented person, and prefer to have rep power reflect the community's opinion of my posting ability. Quantity is meaningless, and rewarding inconsequential posts would be an invitation to spam IMO. Granted there is always going to be people who "work the system," but I figure those numbers should be proportionate to promote quality postings.

Sounds good so far. The only thing I'd add is the frequency of repping the same person. Currently it is every second time you can rep the same person...maybe make it three or four to spread it around?

One rep power per year. Lurking should NOT increase rep power much at all.
One rep power for every 300 posts.
One rep power for every 100 points of rep received.

I'm more of a quality-oriented person, and prefer to have rep power reflect the community's opinion of my posting ability. Quantity is meaningless, and rewarding inconsequential posts would be an invitation to spam IMO. Granted there is always going to be people who "work the system," but I figure those numbers should be proportionate to promote quality postings.

Ditto, Damn Right, Uh Huh. I am witcha brudda mon.
It's like money, too much in circulation lowers the value.

Sounds good so far. The only thing I'd add is the frequency of repping the same person. Currently it is every second time you can rep the same person...maybe make it three or four to spread it around?

Ixnay ol boy. I should be able to rep the same poster over and over and over if he or she is the only one whose post matches my sense of good order and discipline. Again, money anology, would you want me to regulate how often you could give to your favorite charity.

Finally to Scooter: You are the man, it's your board and most of us appreciate have a place to play. But, can we resolve the rep, post a faq and leave it alone for a while? I am soooooo confused with these constant changes. Ok, my head hurts, I must go blog now......

Final modification to the rep system (for now) was made today.

Rep: 100

You can rep 10 times per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back