Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Specifically, wind states.

Nearly ninety percent of all the new capacity for wind generation installed in 2016 were in states that voted for Trump.

Wind states.png

Wind supplied just over 6% of the country’s electricity last year, and the industry employed close to 102,000 people—nearly double the number working in coal mining, according to federal data.

President Donald Trump campaigned in part on reviving the U.S. coal industry, and has been critical of renewable-energy subsidies. But heavily Republican states such as Indiana, Iowa, Texas and Wyoming have embraced wind for the work and revenue it brings.

Nearly 90% of the wind capacity brought online in 2016 was in states that voted for President Donald Trump, according to the American Wind Energy Association, a trade group.

While some in Congress have argued against the federal subsidies wind energy receives, Mr. Grassley said that support helped build an industry that creates jobs and lowers the nation’s need for foreign oil.

“It helps us to be energy independent,” he said, adding that wind’s growing competitiveness with traditional energy sources has diminished the need for wind tax credits, which are being phased out.

Excluding subsidies, it now costs about $47 per megawatt hour to generate electricity from wind in North America over the full lifetime of a facility, compared with $63 for natural gas and $102 for coal, according to a 2016 analysis by Lazard Ltd.

Wind now produces more than 36% of Iowa’s electricity, nearly 7 gigawatts of capacity in all, second only to Texas’s 21 gigawatts. The falling price of wind power, along with its environmental benefits, helped persuade companies like Facebook Inc . , Microsoft Corp. and Alphabet Inc.’s Google to open data centers in the state, said Debi Durham, director of the Iowa Economic Development Authority.

“We use this wind portfolio, this renewable portfolio, as a calling card when we are talking to companies,” she said.​

Wind Power Wins Converts in Rural U.S.

Red states embracing renewables?

Good stuff.

Technological advancement is awesome.

Nearly ninety percent of all the new capacity for wind generation installed in 2016 were in states that voted for Trump.

View attachment 147775

Wind supplied just over 6% of the country’s electricity last year, and the industry employed close to 102,000 people—nearly double the number working in coal mining, according to federal data.

President Donald Trump campaigned in part on reviving the U.S. coal industry, and has been critical of renewable-energy subsidies. But heavily Republican states such as Indiana, Iowa, Texas and Wyoming have embraced wind for the work and revenue it brings.

Nearly 90% of the wind capacity brought online in 2016 was in states that voted for President Donald Trump, according to the American Wind Energy Association, a trade group.

While some in Congress have argued against the federal subsidies wind energy receives, Mr. Grassley said that support helped build an industry that creates jobs and lowers the nation’s need for foreign oil.

“It helps us to be energy independent,” he said, adding that wind’s growing competitiveness with traditional energy sources has diminished the need for wind tax credits, which are being phased out.

Excluding subsidies, it now costs about $47 per megawatt hour to generate electricity from wind in North America over the full lifetime of a facility, compared with $63 for natural gas and $102 for coal, according to a 2016 analysis by Lazard Ltd.

Wind now produces more than 36% of Iowa’s electricity, nearly 7 gigawatts of capacity in all, second only to Texas’s 21 gigawatts. The falling price of wind power, along with its environmental benefits, helped persuade companies like Facebook Inc . , Microsoft Corp. and Alphabet Inc.’s Google to open data centers in the state, said Debi Durham, director of the Iowa Economic Development Authority.

“We use this wind portfolio, this renewable portfolio, as a calling card when we are talking to companies,” she said.​

Wind Power Wins Converts in Rural U.S.

Good stuff.

Why are you so shocked that the places with the most empty flat land is the most attractive for wind power?

The issue has never been the use of wind power, it has been the forcing of it and the ignoring of things like base load by the "something from nothing" crowd.

S...

Excluding subsidies, it now costs about $47 per megawatt hour to generate electricity from wind in North America over the full lifetime of a facility, compared with $63 for natural gas and $102 for coal, according to a 2016 analysis by Lazard Ltd.....​

Good stuff.

Agreed, this is cool.

I especially like that since the cost per megawatt is LESS than conventional alternatives, that the subsidies are being phased out WITH THE EXPECTATION, that the industry will continue to grow.

Why are you so shocked that the places with the most empty flat land is the most attractive for wind power?

I didn't say I was shocked.

Where in God's name did you get that?

maybe "shocked" is too strong a word. maybe the term "making a big deal" of it is more apt.

productive

as in more productive than you bitching about Obama .......

Where did I bitch about Obama in this thread?

Stay on topic, fuck-tard.

maybe "shocked" is too strong a word. maybe the term "making a big deal" of it is more apt.

productive

wind power is productive

you not yammering something about obama must be a arcord .... SHOCKING !

productive

wind power is productive

you not yammering something about obama must be a arcord .... SHOCKING !

Maybe if you started making some sense people would take you more seriously.

Or maybe not, because then your idiocy would be out for all to see.

FOAD.

Nearly ninety percent of all the new capacity for wind generation installed in 2016 were in states that voted for Trump
Not a surprise.:cool:

"He was a windbag. He made a great many orations, and I imagine he did a very good job, but he was still a windbag" -- Harry Truman

Forum List

Back