Remember When 45, As A Candidate, Said He'll Only Pick The Best of the Best?

Is this acceptable to you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
In all fairness, Elena Kagan had very little trigger time in the court room when Obama nominated her for the Supreme Court, and the vast majority of her qualifications were academic, yet she's proved thus far to be a reasonable addition to the 9 and hasn't made any whacked out decisions deviated from the rest of the court in some way that could be attributed to inexperience.

To be perfectly frank, I know approximately dick about this nominee. That said, if this video is the only criteria you're working with, I'd say you don't really have enough information to determine whether this candidate has the legal knowledge, discernment, or raw intellect to adequately perform the functions of a circuit judge.

Your mistake regarding Kagan is that a seat in the SCOTUS is VASTLY different than a judgeship since within the SCOTUS the qualifications are PURELY academic, and not regarding experience at a jury trial or the experience in the guidelines of sentencing.

I'd think an honest, reasonable person would be pretty embarrassed by this.

The people we choose to lead us are a reflection of our society, and as long as we're willing to lower our standards for political advantage, this is what we'll get.

I couldn't watch the whole thing. While it was embarrassing, it's more disturbing.

Since you seem to realize that lack of experience makes a difference, why do you support putting unqualified people on the bench?

.....because THAT is what Trump cult members must do........Hell, they even voted for a pussy-grabbing TV star to be POTUS.....

Don't forget liar, egomaniac, and serial self aggrandizer.

On the other hand, the alternative was the epitome of a corrupt political insider, card carrying member of the G20 corporate elite who presented herself, ironically, as the champion of the little guy. Ah, and let's not forget liar, egomaniac, and serial self aggrandizer.

Every time Trump does something I don't like and threatens to give me buyer's remorse for tossing him my vote last November, well I just think back to what my alternative was and the smile's right back on my face.

Well get a load of this...

NBC News on Twitter

Is this acceptable to Republicans, and even 45's supporters?

If so, would you have had the same answer if President Obama elected the same type of people?

Wow you found one. I would still take him over any of the activist judges on the bench in HI, CA, NY or IL.

I guarantee if you asked any of those gottya standard questions to any of those judges they would be clueless also.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Found one? Are you kidding?

Trump nominated a paranormal blogger to be a Fed judge who was so bad even the Senate would not confirm him
Trump nominated a radio talk show host with no background in science to be the Chief Scientist of the USDA. The only reason he did not get the position is that he is now cooperating with Mueller.

There is a long list of Trump nomination unqualified people as payback for them supporting him.

And yes, every president does it and it is wrong every time.

The people we choose to lead us are a reflection of our society, and as long as we're willing to lower our standards for political advantage, this is what we'll get.

I couldn't watch the whole thing. While it was embarrassing, it's more disturbing.

Since you seem to realize that lack of experience makes a difference, why do you support putting unqualified people on the bench?

.....because THAT is what Trump cult members must do........Hell, they even voted for a pussy-grabbing TV star to be POTUS.....

On the other hand, the alternative was the epitome of a corrupt political insider, card carrying member of the G20 corporate elite who presented herself, ironically, as the champion of the little guy. Ah, and let's not forget liar, egomaniac, and serial self aggrandizer.

Every time Trump does something I don't like and threatens to give me buyer's remorse for tossing him my vote last November, well I just think back to what my alternative was and the smile's right back on my face.

Would it not have made you smile even more to not have been forced to choose between two such terrible choices?

In all fairness, Elena Kagan had very little trigger time in the court room when Obama nominated her for the Supreme Court, and the vast majority of her qualifications were academic, yet she's proved thus far to be a reasonable addition to the 9 and hasn't made any whacked out decisions deviated from the rest of the court in some way that could be attributed to inexperience.

To be perfectly frank, I know approximately dick about this nominee. That said, if this video is the only criteria you're working with, I'd say you don't really have enough information to determine whether this candidate has the legal knowledge, discernment, or raw intellect to adequately perform the functions of a circuit judge.

Your mistake regarding Kagan is that a seat in the SCOTUS is VASTLY different than a judgeship since within the SCOTUS the qualifications are PURELY academic, and not regarding experience at a jury trial or the experience in the guidelines of sentencing.

What's so different? To do the job of a SCOTUS justice, you have to know the law and the procedures relevant to SCOTUS. To be a circuit judge, you have to know the law and the procedures relevant to being a circuit judge. At some level it's all academic. The benefit you gain from education and the benefit you gain from experience all boils down to knowledge. While knowledge is more quickly attained through real world experience than through reading, there's no reason to assume that the knowledge required to be a circuit judge is somehow immune to absorption via education while the knowledge required to be on the SCOTUS bench isn't.

Sorry, but, in short, I'm not buyin what you're sellin here.

ALL TIME HIGH OF 95,3 MILLION ARE OUT OF THE WORK FORCE. It's been a year now, so when is Trump going to bring that number down? I thought he was supposed to put people back to work.
Record 95.4 Million Americans Are No Longer In The Labor Force As 968,000 Exit In One Month
Record 95.4 Million Americans Are No Longer In The Labor Force As 968,000 Exit In One Month

LFP%20force%20oct_0.jpg
Obama said that this is the new norm, are you calling him a liar?

The right whined every day about the workforce participation rate all through Obama's presidency. There are more out of the work force now than there ever were under the last president. One of Trump's main promises was to put those people back to work. What happened to the orange clown's promise?

Would it not have made you smile even more to not have been forced to choose between two such terrible choices?

Of course it would have. And it would make me even happier if it began raining champagne, and Olivia Wilde showed up at my door begging me to put a baby in her. But alas, I must find contentment within the context of the world as it exists.

What's so different? To do the job of a SCOTUS justice, you have to know the law and the procedures relevant to SCOTUS. To be a circuit judge, you have to know the law and the procedures relevant to being a circuit judge. At some level it's all academic. The benefit you gain from education and the benefit you gain from experience all boils down to knowledge. While knowledge is more quickly attained through real world experience than through reading, there's no reason to assume that the knowledge required to be a circuit judge is somehow immune to absorption via education while the knowledge required to be on the SCOTUS bench isn't.

You know, there is reason people are not hired right out of college as CEO and COO and such. They have to work their way to those positions gaining experience along the way. Experience matters.

Let me ask you this, if you had to have brain surgery whom would you want to do it it, someone who had never done it before but graduated top of their class at a top med school or someone that had done it successfully 100 times in the past?

Of course it would have. And it would make me even happier if it began raining champagne, and Olivia Wilde showed up at my door begging me to put a baby in her. But alas, I must find contentment within the context of the world as it exists.

Ohh, would you get to do Olivia while it was raining champagne on you? That would be the best! :banana:

ALL TIME HIGH OF 95,3 MILLION ARE OUT OF THE WORK FORCE. It's been a year now, so when is Trump going to bring that number down? I thought he was supposed to put people back to work.

LFP%20force%20oct_0.jpg
It will take a little time to clean up the Obama mess.

Bullshit. The economy is fine no matter what Hannity tells you.

You know, there is reason people are not hired right out of college as CEO and COO and such. They have to work their way to those positions gaining experience along the way. Experience matters.

Let me ask you this, if you had to have brain surgery whom would you want to do it it, someone who had never done it before but graduated top of their class at a top med school or someone that had done it successfully 100 times in the past?

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying that someone with real world experience wouldn't necessarily be preferable, or that experience isn't important. I'm simply pointing out that it's possible that this guy is fully qualified despite his lack of experience. I'm saying that the single metric presented here isn't enough, in and of itself, to determine the man's qualifications.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying that someone with real world experience wouldn't necessarily be preferable, or that experience isn't important. I'm simply pointing out that it's possible that this guy is fully qualified despite his lack of experience. I'm saying that the single metric presented here isn't enough, in and of itself, to determine the man's qualifications.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I agree that the single metric is not enough. I did some research on him and he seems to have nothing in the way of experience that would translate to the bench. And he has been out of school for a long time so I am not sure how much his education helps at this point

and the procedures relevant to being a circuit judge.

....and you got the impression that this moron being interviewed KNEW how to be a circuit judge???

Hell, he didn't seem to know all that well what a freaking motion was all about.

Forum List

Back