Remember When 45, As A Candidate, Said He'll Only Pick The Best of the Best?

Is this acceptable to you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
and the procedures relevant to being a circuit judge.

....and you got the impression that this moron being interviewed KNEW how to be a circuit judge???

Hell, he didn't seem to know all that well what a freaking motion was all about.

No, I didn't.

Again, I simply got the impression that the single metric presented here doesn't tell a complete story.

....and you got the impression that this moron being interviewed KNEW how to be a circuit judge???

Hell, he didn't seem to know all that well what a freaking motion was all about.

No, I didn't.

Again, I simply got the impression that the single metric presented here doesn't tell a complete story.

It's not a single metric, the guy has zero experience and he doesn't know basic legal terminology. Sure, maybe he can spell his name and he memorized his home address but who cares?

Well get a load of this...

NBC News on Twitter

Is this acceptable to Republicans, and even 45's supporters?

If so, would you have had the same answer if President Obama elected the same type of people?
Ya rice and Clinton were great nominees weren’t they
You guys don’t have the moral authority to question anyone

This isn't about ideology, it's about not having a basic understanding of the job you were nominated for.

I expect Trump to nominate conservatives, I also expect him to nominate qualified candidates, instead we get this guy.

NBC News on Twitter

If so, would you have had the same answer if President Obama elected the same type of people?
Wow. That is simply amazing.

A Trump nominee to be a JUDGE has never tried a case to verdict in a courtroom! Never tried a jury trial. Never had a civil trial, a criminal trial, or bench trial! The only time he ever took a deposition was way back when he was fresh out of law school as an associate, and never took one by himself.

Never argued a motion in state court, never argued a motion in federal court. He has not read the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

Just how many yards of cock did this guy have to swallow to be nominated as a JUDGE by Trump?!?!?!

NBC News on Twitter

This isn't about ideology, it's about not having a basic understanding of the job you were nominated for.

I expect Trump to nominate conservatives, I also expect him to nominate qualified candidates, instead we get this guy.
Ya he might support the law on sanctuary cities
What would you do then?

I can't believe anyone would defend this nominee.

The really sad part is this guy is better than a lot of the Trump nominees
Like you really know all about it. lol! You don't know shit except what the media traitors tell you!

He didn't know basic legal terminology and you're defending him. It was obvious that Senator Kennedy was not impressed either.
You must not have any idea what "defending someone" actually means. I don't know who you are talking about, what politicians or appointee and don't know what was said or implied. All I am saying is that you are media fed parrot with nothing of his own that is fed by the media.

No, I didn't.

It's not a single metric, the guy has zero experience and he doesn't know basic legal terminology. Sure, maybe he can spell his name and he memorized his home address but who cares?

Sorry, but from what I can tell, it's still a single metric, that metric being his lack of experience in court. The terms he was asked about were all specific to litigating at the federal level. Call them basic all you want, I'm willing to bet you're no more qualified than I am to define what is basic knowledge for someone practicing any particular sort of law. As far as I know, the lack of experience in trying cases might be adequate explanation as to why he didn't know the definitions or concepts he was probed about.

That said, his lack of knowledge in these areas is potentially a problem, but this thread is full of people trying to portray this like it's some unprecedented move. Again, Elena Kagan had very little trigger time in actual court rooms when she got put on the Supreme Court, and thus far that hasn't proven to be a problem.

WARNING: Snowflakes about to melt!
You leftists are a joke.
The problem is... ... the 'Hillary-lost' whiners...
Don't you think? So yes, I do blame Trump for hiring any black person, let alone a black woman.
None of you seem to have answered the poll.

It looks like we can put you down for a "Yes, this is acceptable to me".

Correct?

I think it's completely acceptable that he attempts to pick the best among the best, rather than who happened to donate the most to the campaign or who is willing to suck his ass the most.

Can you make an argument as to why this guy wasn't the most qualified? Seems like they are asking him about something that may not be related to his job in any way. He was nominated to be a judge not a lawyer.
He was asked if he had ever heard a case. On any level. He said no.

He was asked if he personally took a deposition. No.

He could not have demonstrated a worse or weaker track record, background or skillset for this position.

That's pretty much the very definition of "qualified".

So you are saying that the HARVARD degree this guy has is worthless and does not qualify him in any way.
Obama had a Harvard degree. How'd that work out for you?

The nominee to be a judge is grossly unqualified, which even a tard like you would quickly realize if you watched his deer in the headlights responses to the simple questions.

No, I didn't.

Sorry, but from what I can tell, it's still a single metric, that metric being his lack of experience in court. The terms he was asked about were all specific to litigating at the federal level. Call them basic all you want, I'm willing to bet you're no more qualified than I am to define what is basic knowledge for someone practicing any particular sort of law. As far as I know, the lack of experience in trying cases might be adequate explanation as to why he didn't know the definitions or concepts he was probed about.

That said, his lack of knowledge in these areas is potentially a problem, but this thread is full of people trying to portray this like it's some unprecedented move. Again, Elena Kagan had very little trigger time in actual court rooms when she got put on the Supreme Court, and thus far that hasn't proven to be a problem.
The man doesn't even know what a motion in limine is!

Jesus H. Christ.

No, I didn't.

The man doesn't even know what a motion in limine is!

Jesus H. Christ.

Had to look that one up myself.

Fair enough, that does seem like it should be pretty basic legal knowledge. This nomination might just be as retarded as you're all saying.

NBC News on Twitter

Ya he might support the law on sanctuary cities
What would you do then?

Are you this stupid? The guy has no business being a federal judge, who the fuck cares what his position on sanctuary cities is?

I can't believe anyone would defend this nominee.

The really sad part is this guy is better than a lot of the Trump nominees
Like you really know all about it. lol! You don't know shit except what the media traitors tell you!

He didn't know basic legal terminology and you're defending him. It was obvious that Senator Kennedy was not impressed either.
You must not have any idea what "defending someone" actually means. I don't know who you are talking about, what politicians or appointee and don't know what was said or implied. All I am saying is that you are media fed parrot with nothing of his own that is fed by the media.

It's called google, google the terms Senator Kennedy ran off and you will find this guy is not qualified.

WARNING: Snowflakes about to melt!
You leftists are a joke.
The problem is... ... the 'Hillary-lost' whiners...
Don't you think? So yes, I do blame Trump for hiring any black person, let alone a black woman.

Correct?

I think it's completely acceptable that he attempts to pick the best among the best, rather than who happened to donate the most to the campaign or who is willing to suck his ass the most.

Can you make an argument as to why this guy wasn't the most qualified? Seems like they are asking him about something that may not be related to his job in any way. He was nominated to be a judge not a lawyer.

He could not have demonstrated a worse or weaker track record, background or skillset for this position.

So you are saying that the HARVARD degree this guy has is worthless and does not qualify him in any way.

The nominee to be a judge is grossly unqualified, which even a tard like you would quickly realize if you watched his deer in the headlights responses to the simple questions.

Obama was a president of the country with that degree, and had little other experience.

If it's good enough for a president, it's good enough for a judge.

Correct?

Obama was a president of the country with that degree, and had little other experience.

If it's good enough for a president, it's good enough for a judge.

Yeah, other than being a state senator, U.S. senator, actually running for president where he was grilled on a multitude of topics, debated his opponents and then went on to earn the vote of a majority of voters. Oh, and then get reelected after serving four years as president.

Other than that, yeah, it's totally the same thing.

Forum List

Back