Remember the outrage over gay wedding cakes? Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake

Should bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?

• Yes - unless of course it's a Republican issue.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • They should only be forced to comply with the liberal agenda.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypocrisy is the life blood of progressives... fact

So...the mom said she couldn't find ANYONE willing to do it. Can we get that verified, please?
/----/ Why don't you visit local bakeries and ask for a Pro Trump cake. See how many will do it. BTW - if I was a baker I wouldn't care what was written on the cake as long as they paid for it.

It's almost like the marxists and anti-Christian loons have a different set of standards for themselves.
Go figure.

>

To answer the question: "Shouild bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?"

The didn't refuse an issue, they refused customers based on who the customers were. Under State law in 21 places of public accommodation (i.e. for profit businesses) cannot refuse service to customers based on a variety of factors including (varies by state) race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation.

Before you make any assumptions I support the repeal of Public Accommodation laws as applied to private business so that owners can refuse service based on any criteria they choose including race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation. Let the market determine if they succeed or fail. Along with that though goes the ability of those discriminated against to make such discrimination public.

Per your actical, you would think that the general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom would know that sexual orienation was covered under state law, political parties are not covered under State Public Accommodation laws.

"Michael P. Farris is president, CEO and general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Christian legal group defending Jack Phillips, a Colorado baker who was sued by a gay couple for declining to make their same-sex wedding cake.

Mr. Farris wondered why bakers are allowed to decline to make birthday cakes supporting Mr. Trump, but not wedding cakes supporting same-sex marriage."

>>>>

Hahahahaha that is delicious,

Does California have the Great Pussy Grabber on it's list of protected classes of people?

Didn't think so.

Next phony outrage please!

I hope they lose their business license.
not me. i hope nothing happens to them.

nothing should have happened to the ones who didn't want to participate in the gay wedding.

people have their choices and we should respect that when we can. not get mad and demand OUR ways are taken into account but no one elses.

we need to stop making everything a fight.

>

To answer the question: "Shouild bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?"

The didn't refuse an issue, they refused customers based on who the customers were. Under State law in 21 places of public accommodation (i.e. for profit businesses) cannot refuse service to customers based on a variety of factors including (varies by state) race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation.

Before you make any assumptions I support the repeal of Public Accommodation laws as applied to private business so that owners can refuse service based on any criteria they choose including race, religion, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veterans status and sexual orientation. Let the market determine if they succeed or fail. Along with that though goes the ability of those discriminated against to make such discrimination public.

Per your actical, you would think that the general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom would know that sexual orienation was covered under state law, political parties are not covered under State Public Accommodation laws.

"Michael P. Farris is president, CEO and general counsel of the Alliance Defending Freedom, the Christian legal group defending Jack Phillips, a Colorado baker who was sued by a gay couple for declining to make their same-sex wedding cake.

Mr. Farris wondered why bakers are allowed to decline to make birthday cakes supporting Mr. Trump, but not wedding cakes supporting same-sex marriage."

>>>>
/----/ Well to test your theory then the mother should have ordered a standard birthday cake with Happy Birthday Hillary.

So...the mom said she couldn't find ANYONE willing to do it. Can we get that verified, please?
/----/ Why don't you visit local bakeries and ask for a Pro Trump cake. See how many will do it. BTW - if I was a baker I wouldn't care what was written on the cake as long as they paid for it.
Now you want ME to do something? Why doesn't the OP story stand on its own merits? Is that how sad it really is?

Imagine the day when a kid is denied a designed cake of the president of the United States. Forget the business absurdity of this, but how does a Snowflake explain to their friends, family and kids that they didn't have the courage to make a cake of a politician they didn't like, never less their president?

Let's hope when a life and death situation arises, your only hope of being saved doesn't rest on the shoulders of such a creampuff Snowflake baker.

If I were the kids parents, I would have the cake made by someone with the, gasp, "courage", to make such a cake and then stand a few feet from his business and offer free cake to passerbyers while advertising the place that designed it.

I hope they lose their business license.
not me. i hope nothing happens to them.

nothing should have happened to the ones who didn't want to participate in the gay wedding.

people have their choices and we should respect that when we can. not get mad and demand OUR ways are taken into account but no one elses.

we need to stop making everything a fight.
We need to fight for the right things.

But we have to know that we defeat ourselves when we engage in the same behavior our enemies engaged in, and we protested. I deal with this a lot when I interact with people who have been targeted and harassed by the federal brownshirts that stomp across our public lands. You don't counter that by demanding that the brownshirts harass OTHER people....

Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake for 9-year-old boy: Report
Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake for 9-year-old boy: Report
What is a "pro-trump" birthday cake?
upload_2017-8-7_19-38-3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back