Religion and Ethics?

How many women were burned at the stake because they were "witches"?
Are you talking of the Salem Witch trials? Those were non-Catholic, and again involved the State. The same is mostly true of Medieval witch burning. Remember, everyone was automatically the religion of its rulers. Witches were the demons of the time, and each place was showing how much better it was than its neighbor by ridding their area of witches. Today, California and New York are playing the same game, about ridding their area of conservatives. The more things change, the more they remain the same. We all find something to fight against.

Are you talking of the Salem Witch trials? Those were non-Catholic, and again involved the State. The same is mostly true of Medieval witch burning. Remember, everyone was automatically the religion of its rulers. Witches were the demons of the time, and each place was showing how much better it was than its neighbor by ridding their area of witches. Today, California and New York are playing the same game, about ridding their area of conservatives. The more things change, the more they remain the same. We all find something to fight against.
No. Read what I posted. But the Salem Witch trials are also religious.

C'mon. How many priests are molesting young boys to this day? And you're probably going to church later to see one of them. Ask them that question...
I have already gone over this ad nauseum in other threads. I was a reporter at the time. Never was there a better story that fit Mark's Twain's remark: Those who do not read the news are uninformed. Those who do are misinformed. Deliberate editorial decisions. Made me sick and the reason I did not pursue journalism.

If God wants these atrocities to occur in the near past, what made him change his mind? Or does he still believe we should do it? Based on what's going on in this world, he still wants it to go on.

I have already gone over this ad nauseum in other threads. I was a reporter at the time. Never was there a better story that fit Mark's Twain's remark: Those who do not read the news are uninformed. Those who do are misinformed. Deliberate editorial decisions. Made me sick and the reason I did not pursue journalism.
Are you also denying that priests molest young boys?

Or just maybe, god doesn't exist. And it's all human evil. Using religion to do the dirty work.

The reason leftists such as OP are so bigoted against religious people, or the idea of religion itself, is that they want people to follow The State - and not a religion.

It is the same reason Pilate hated Jesus.
I see it as land and sea people; pioneers and settlers. There is an entire spiritual realm to explore (like the sea), but some will not step off land (physical realm).

Think about it, who's going to give up their life to kill someone, if they don't think that their afterlife depends on it?

If God wants these atrocities to occur in the near past, what made him change his mind? Or does he still believe we should do it? Based on what's going on in this world, he still wants it to go on.
The bones of what is going on today also went on in the time of Genesis. Seasons of humanity.

He ordered the flood, that killed almost everyone and everything in the world. But he loves us...

Your religion does. Any flood that happened was due to the melting of the glaciers circa 12000 BC.

Forum List

Back