Religion and Ethics?

No they're not Lisa. How do you justify the horrors that your ancestors committed to make you Christian?

How do YOU justify the horrors committed by atheists? Oh, that's right, you don't. You just sit around issuing judgements of people who have beliefs you hate, and demand that they justify themselves to you, because . . . I'm sorry, I forget why it is anyone is supposed to feel the need for your approval.

Seems to me, we're the ones trying to stop you crazy religious fanatic fucks from destroying the world.

Hitler? Stalin? Lenin? Chinese gov't? North Korean? Cuba? The list goes on. All of these entities have denied religion in favor of the state.
Hitler's Nazi's was a religion. They believed in some really crazy shit.

Communism is a religion. The same as Calvanism and Puritanism. It has an utopia that can never be reached except by following the leaders, until you die. Just like every religion. And like every religion, it ain't happening. But people kill for it because they believe.

Last edited:
"Humans suck, but it only matters when they have beliefs I hate!!! Stop noticing that I'm only outraged by things that flatter my ignorant prejudices!"

You've confused ego and bigotry for ethics.
Thanks for putting words in my mouth that I never said.

I'm going to put something else in your mouth.... ok i won't do it. Only because Meri may be watching...

Communism is a religion. The same as Calvanism and Puritanism. It has an utopia that can never be reached except by following the leaders, until you die. Just like every religion. And like every religion, it ain't happening. But people kill for it because they believe.

Disagree. Most people see religion as a belief in a supernatural power or entity, i.e., God. Hitler, Stalin, and the rest of those people and gov'ts had nothing to do with God, and nothing at all to do with religion. One could say their followers supported them with a religious fervor, but not God and therefore not religion.

Basically, he's been raised his entire life in an environment of Judeo-Christian ethics, and he's so ignorant and narcissistic that he thinks he made them up himself, out of his "towering goodness and morality".
P.S. He also holds himself as the arbiter of what is ethical and decent - while he ends a comment to me with a nasty and snide “New York JEW.” In his leftist world, mocking people who are Jewish (or Christian, for that matter), and giving them a smack across the face, is the mark of an ethical man.

(Neo- Conservative- Liberal-) Laissez faire- Unfettered- Corporate- Market Über Alles- Capitalism as well. White Nationalism. Every project has an ideal, fitting size. Bigger or smaller generates stress and waste system wide. Let's get all these money obsessed fat asses out of the way so we can finally start working out these important details. Plenty of room when we can work together instead of (willingly?) being divided and conquered all the time.

- and to add to that, one can be Jewish - appreciating and following the traditions and values - and not believe in G-d, as well. I know several people like that, who are actually fairly religious.
My thinking is that we have to respect that kind of belief system, their refusal to talk about God may be more of a reflection of a superior reverence, an ability to know what they don't know. Kind of like nobody really knows how to pronounce the tetragramaton because it was considered irreverent to say it aloud.

The title of this area is kinda like an oxymoron...

Religion: The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Ethics: Moral principles that govern a person's behavior or the conducting of an activity.

The two are not compatible based on history.
One simple question? Where did human morality come from..........there is no morality in nature. Morality could not have "evolved" naturally. Where did man first receive the idea that murder is wrong.....stealing is wrong........bearing false witness is wrong......etc.,

Where does the concept of right and or wrong come from? Why are some things right and other things wrong?

Where morality does not come from? Some argue there are no absolute rights and wrongs. They declare it depends upon the situation..........or, the ends justify the means, if the outcome is good.........that must be right.....if the outcome is bad that must be wrong.

Without Law there is no right nor wrong.......as law defines what is right and what is wrong. A law does not establish right and wrong......it defines what any particular society defines as being moral or immoral.

Example: Simply because something is legal does not make it moral. Moral people make moral laws, immoral people make immoral laws.

But what source calibrates that which is right or wrong? Why is law reflected in all civilized societies around the globe with "common" examples of what is defined right and wrong? Why do all civilized societies declare murder to be wrong.....stealing to be wrong. What is the source of this common knowledge that transcends every corner of the civilized globe?

Last edited:
Did the number two talk to you?
Do you believe it is possible for numbers to talk? Come to think of it, you must believe numbers can talk otherwise you would not have asked the question. Do you also believe numbers are alive? How did you come to your belief in talking numbers? Sincerely.

Do you believe it is possible for numbers to talk? Come to think of it, you must believe numbers can talk otherwise you would not have asked the question. Do you also believe numbers are alive? How did you come to your belief in talking numbers? Sincerely.
Of course not.

Just like I don't believe "spirits" talk to people

Forum List

Back