Religion and Ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chem Engineer snotty attack on me at post 105 Then he put me on ignore, the same man who started the thread with some nasty personal attack on Atheists, gets a civil reply from me, blows a gasket quickly ignore me......., because he KNOWS he can't answer post 146, I see it a lot from religionists who can't handle cogent replies from Atheists.

Here is post 146, showing my gentle bashing of his attack post on me:

POST 146
You, in your need to debunk the Bible, make a LOT of the usual errors made by God Haters

There are answers, but you will twist yourself into a pretzel before accepting the explanation

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God : for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. ...

You are missing the point here, and I will not rise to the bait you set either, go to that thread I linked to discuss it, not here since this the Announcement and Feedback thread.

Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021
Let's Examine Claims of Atheists

The Fallacy of Science vs. Religion

The atheists' frequent claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive is demonstrably false. If atheists were as "rational" and "intelligent" as they are always claiming, they would not resort to mendacity. Science pursues truth.

The list of scientists as men and women faith is long and growing.

List of Christians in science and technology - Wikipedia

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”
” - Demon Haunted World, page 29, by Carl Sagan

“I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics

and more in post one

=====

I am an Atheist, shall I ignore the hard nasty bashing made by a religionist?
IMO, threads like those belong in forums where bashing is authorized, aka Zone 3.

but for atheists, and assholes, (notice how I separate them), there is no place for them trolling in R&E.
I completely understand. You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it. Who could possibly find fault with that?

You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it.
IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs.
You don't see that claiming anyone who doesn't share their belief is deserving of hell as an insult? Really?

Did you NOT read my post?

" IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs. "

Can you imagine a religious discussion by Christians that didn't mention their only goal, which is an eternity in heaven to the exclusion of all that don't share their beliefs? No I can't either. Perhaps a private, invitation only thread where you don't have to allow any differences of opinion, but if you have an open discussion, it has to be open to even those that don't fall in line.

The problem YOU seem to have is that you want to crash a discuss Religion only threads, which I normally avoid. When they talk about Atheists/Agnostics in them then they open the door for Atheists and Agnostics to come and argue about what they already posted.

Chem Engineer snotty attack on me at post 105 Then he put me on ignore, the same man who started the thread with some nasty personal attack on Atheists, gets a civil reply from me, blows a gasket quickly ignore me......., because he KNOWS he can't answer post 146, I see it a lot from religionists who can't handle cogent replies from Atheists.

Here is post 146, showing my gentle bashing of his attack post on me:

POST 146
That guy put me on ignore out of the blue. We had barely interacted.

Can you imagine? Sweet little old me on ignore? :biggrin:

I'm beginning to think ChemEngineer is just another name for Meth Head.

No I think he is a real Engineer and doesn't take drugs, he is just a sensitive person.

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

The atheists' frequent claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive is demonstrably false. If atheists were as "rational" and "intelligent" as they are always claiming, they would not resort to mendacity. Science pursues truth.

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”

“I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics

and more in post one

=====

IMO, threads like those belong in forums where bashing is authorized, aka Zone 3.

but for atheists, and assholes, (notice how I separate them), there is no place for them trolling in R&E.
I completely understand. You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it. Who could possibly find fault with that?

You feel it is completely proper and even advised for religious folk to insult and degrade those who don't share their particular religious beliefs, and the victims of those attacks should just STFU and take it.
IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs.
You don't see that claiming anyone who doesn't share their belief is deserving of hell as an insult? Really?

Did you NOT read my post?

" IF you see that happening in a Zone One thread, ANY Zone One thread, report it, so it can be moved downstairs. "

Can you imagine a religious discussion by Christians that didn't mention their only goal, which is an eternity in heaven to the exclusion of all that don't share their beliefs? No I can't either. Perhaps a private, invitation only thread where you don't have to allow any differences of opinion, but if you have an open discussion, it has to be open to even those that don't fall in line.

The problem YOU seem to have is that you want to crash a discuss Religion only threads, which I normally avoid. When they talk about Atheists/Agnostics in them then they open the door for Atheists and Agnostics to come and argue about what they already posted.

That's not a problem for me, even though it seems to be a problem for some religious nuts that don't even know their own bible. I can see objecting to someone trying to change the subject, but pointing out the inconsistencies of another is what a debate is all about. The very nature of discussion between religious adherents is to belittle and insult those who don't share the same religious fervor as they do. By all means, they can have their discussions, but if they do it in a public forum, they shouldn't expect those being maligned to silently avoid disagreement.

I keep saying it, but y'all need a younger moderator. Not an old fogey who "likes things they way they are". This forum could look a lot better and so much stuff could be consolidated.

Moderators can only do so much and the rest is on the Admin plate, so the changes must be done with the help of the Admin and buddy you don’t want to be a mod on this forum or any forum!

I keep saying it, but y'all need a younger moderator. Not an old fogey who "likes things they way they are". This forum could look a lot better and so much stuff could be consolidated.

Moderators can only do so much and the rest is on the Admin plate, so the changes must be done with the help of the Admin and buddy you don’t want to be a mod on this forum or any forum!
From what I've seen, all they do is spout shit and ban everyone who disagrees with them. I could do that.

Not even getting into this discussion on the open board...

From what I've seen, all they do is spout shit and ban everyone who disagrees with them. I could do that.

Then you obviously don't see most of what the mods do.

Chem Engineer

Mar 22, 2021

and more in post one

=====

This leaves the door open for all atheists to double crap on religion discussions. First it gets derailed with inappropriate discussion, and then the discussion gets moved to the wrong subforum as a result. The atheists end up being the ones in control of the mods AND crapping on the thread.

So have a cow why don't cha?

holy-cow.jpg

A holy cow, no less.

They have no idea what a zoo it is behind the scenes.

Actually I do and that is why I worded my response the way I did...

Many times posters assume they know what is going on behind the scenes but lack the knowledge of all the nonsense that has to be dealt with.

No one want that job unless they truly enjoy punishment and I am the master at punishing them!

( No response needed by the Mods! )

Many times posters assume they know what is going on behind the scenes but lack the knowledge of all the nonsense that has to be dealt with.

No one want that job unless they truly enjoy punishment and I am the master at punishing them!

Thanks

I know by experience as Moderator in several places, currently a Moderator of TWO giant science blogs, one is Watts Up With That? and an Australian blog (where a lot of bad posts are in moderation). A moderator of a very old forum that is dying because the owner is old and loosing his memory.

Ran a few forums of my own over the years as well.

Moderators are the most underappreciated group in any forums. They deserve respect for what they do.

Last edited:

I know by experience as Moderator in several places, currently a Moderator of TWO giant science blogs, one is Watts Up With That? and an Australian blog (where a lot of bad posts are in moderation). A moderator of a very old forum that is dying because the owner is old and loosing his memory.

Ran a few forums of my own over the years as well, this forum software is expensive and can be replicated with several good FREE software, that can be changed for the benefit of the membership.

Moderators are the most underappreciated group in any forums. They deserve respect for what they do.

I am not disputing how hard it is to moderate a board and a board like the USMB can be hellish and most ( not all ) of the Mods have my respect and I usually leave them alone but one does not and that will never change...

( Sorry WinterBorn... as he think I am being serious when mentioning him )

Anyhoo, this thread is not about moderation... Well not in the way we are discussing but about moving a forum from one zone to another because of the trolling content by board members, and I agree with Will which is unusual because I have seen the religion and ethics section and have to say for subject matter like that there are to many trolls in that section and it make it impossible for those like Will to moderate the content...

I also will agree that Will along with other moderators will remove content faster if the forum is moved to Zone one and that Trollish threads would either be locked or taunting zone moved and would help those like Will do their job better and easier...

( As Will wonders what the hell is going on with my comments )

The fact is I am appalled at the abusive nature by many on here and before one of you lecture me about my abuse please note I regulate it to the Zones they are allowed in while trying ( not always succeeding ) to keep my trolling where it belongs.

Now with that written I am not one to truly voice my personal opinion upstairs nor try to sway the vote because let me be clear Will and I are not buddies by no means but when he is correct, well this time I agree...

Finally, many of us should use the Zones properly and understand discussion upstairs should be tamed while the Taunting area is where you have your all out wars...

Now will anyone truly think like I do?

Nope, but let me state again I have respect for most of the mods for this site and the one I do not, well that bridge is burnt and I do not want it rebuilt either!

Thanks

You are very welcome Winter and remember I am here to make all of you enjoy the misery...

Anyhoo, I agree with Will but nothing will be done...

I get it that the job of a mod isn't easy but it's the job they have chosen.

If the Religion forum were moved to Zone one, people who want to discuss the actual topics can do so without the constant barrage of "there is no God" and "if you believe you are an idiot" remarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back