Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists

Hey Synthaholic, What would constitute evidence?

The bible itself fails to provide that god exist "evidence" which is why you people run on FAITH, not evidence which requires reality to creep in.

Will you take up the dreaded post 60 challenge?

Snicker......
Many theists employ reason and think there is a God, while some atheists are irrational. Some atheists are also extremely intolerant: China's War on Religion | Persecution

Why can't theists address post 60 in detail, what are YOU scared of?

I don't have to prove that GOD exists. I know it. I know it even more sure than that I had a Great-great-great grandfather. If you are not interested or don't wish to explore creation, history, and prophetic reality ----- that is on your head and not mine. I've certainly persevered and am willing to continue; however, there does come a time when the disciple is told to shake the dust from his sandals and move on to those who the LORD has be encouraging to show interest...

Go from the presence of a foolish man.

A fool hates rebuke but a wise man loves it.

Valid criticism does you a favor. - Carl Sagan, Demon Haunted World

In this country your right to practice your religion is protected in law. So what is your problem exactly? What do you want?

I don't have to prove that GOD exists. I know it. I know it even more sure than that I had a Great-great-great grandfather. If you are not interested or don't wish to explore creation, history, and prophetic reality ----- that is on your head and not mine. I've certainly persevered and am willing to continue; however, there does come a time when the disciple is told to shake the dust from his sandals and move on to those who the LORD has be encouraging to show interest...

In this country your right to practice your religion is protected in law. So what is your problem exactly? What do you want?

It is a right I never oppose since the Founding fathers wanted people to have real freedom from governmental interference and to avoid nationalized single religions from developing, a first amendment right......

Atheists personify their doubts otherwise they would have always ignored us and continue their Faith based delusion without worry.

Last edited:

It is a right I never oppose since the Founding fathers wanted people to have real freedom from governmental interference and to avoid nationalized single religions from developing, a first amendment right......

Atheists personify their doubts otherwise they would have always ignored us and continue their Faith based delusion without worry.

ChemEngineer

I was wondering if Chem is a Dominionist.

Dominion theology - Wikipedia
Dominion theology (also known as dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies which seek to institute a nation which is governed by Christians and based on their understandings of biblical law. Extents of rule and ways of achieving governing authority are varied.

Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins

It is easy to expose the bible errors, now watch how Theists react:

Genesis
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

You quite incorrectly ASSUME that ONLY the sun and the stars are "light producing objects."

Let's see how you react to your egregious error.

1. Gases and solids can be heated and they glow brightly, such as neon lights, and incandescent lights.
2. Explosions produce light. The Big Bang was such an explosion.
3. Bioluminescence produces light.
4. Plasma produces light.

" Astronomical spectroscopy is an almost magical technique. It amazes me still." - Carl Sagan

Atheists snark incessantly "The Argument From Incredulity" but when an agnostic scientist of great repute and stature, such as the late Carl Sagan, makes an Argument From Incredulity, well, they
are speechless.

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. This firmament, if it existed, would have been quite an obstacle to our space program. 1:6-8

And YOU are so all-knowing as to dictate what is God's "entire creative effort"? Someone Whom YOU claim doesn't exist, but you know HIS capabilities or lack thereof? Is there no end to your haughtiness? No, there is not.

Cain is worried after killing Abel and says, "Every one who finds me shall slay me." This is a strange concern since there were only two other humans alive at the time -- his parents! 4:14

Will there never BE any other humans? Yes, yes there will. But your hateful bias precludes you from thinking clearly, much less considering that there may indeed be other facts at play which are not described.
Numbers

The Israelite population went from seventy (Ex.1:5) to several million (over 600,000 adult males) in just a few generations! 1:45-46

What did the Israelite population do after the nation of Israel was officially created? Surprise, surprise, it increased to several million in a few short years as Jews returned from Germany, Russia, and all over the world. Moreover Judaism is not only a race, it is also a religion. So people emigrate from Africa and embrace Judaism, for example.

Judges

Every male Midianite was killed during the time of Moses (Num.31:7), and yet just a few years later they flourish like grasshoppers "without number." 6:1-6

1. How many female Midianites were pregnant "during the time of Moses?"
2. The time of Moses encompasses quite a few decades during which many women would have gotten pregnant.
3. There was no census taken at that time, was there? Look at any large crowd and count every person, please. They too are "without number" because it is nearly impossible to count every one.
Your short-sightedness comes through loud and clear every step you take.

Matthew

There are 29 generations listed from David to Jesus in Matthew's genealogy, while Luke's (3:23-31) has 43. Except for David at one end and Jesus at the other, there are only three names in the two lists that are the same. 1:6-16

The authors of Matthew and Luke did not have identical access to the information, obviously. That there are different names listed in no way invalidates either list. I cannot possibly name every person who graduated in my high school class. My list will have different names than those of other classmates won't it. David and Jesus were two paramount figures, weren't they.
Luke

In Luke's gospel, God addresses Jesus directly saying, "Thou art my beloved son." But Matthew (3:17) has God speak to those witnessing Jesus' baptism, by saying: "This is my beloved son." Whatever the exact wording, it is strange that after witnessing this even, John the Baptist is still unsure about Jesus (Mt.11:2-3, Lk.7:19). 3:22

YOU cite the weakness of ONE MAN and marvel at it? That's rich considering that God often chose weak men to do His tasks. Jesus was betrayed by one of His chosen disciples.

Jesus challenges God the Father, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me."

There is much that we do not understand. While you godless atheists proclaim your obeisance to "science," research in science continues the world over at a frenetic pace, for the sole reason that humans seek truth, the Latin word for which is "scientia."

And so now, giggly Tommy, I have answered each and every one of your pretentious, ignorant questions thoroughly and I will add you to my Ignore List.

ciao brutto

Last edited:
ChemEngineer

Dominionism's "parallel economy", part 8: Dominionism and ...
Aug 03, 2007 · Probably one of the earliest books published that was directly influential on neopente dominionist theology was the Scofield Reference Bible, a KJV reference bible; originally published in …

Genesis
God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). 1:3-5

You quite incorrectly ASSUME that ONLY the sun and the stars are "light producing objects."

Let's see how you react to your egregious error.

1. Gases and solids can be heated and they glow brightly, such as neon lights, and incandescent lights.
2. Explosions produce light. The Big Bang was such an explosion.
3. Bioluminescence produces light.
4. Plasma produces light.

" Astronomical spectroscopy is an almost magical technique. It amazes me still." - Carl Sagan

Atheists snark incessantly "The Argument From Incredulity" but when an agnostic scientist of great repute and stature, such as the late Carl Sagan, makes an Argument From Incredulity, well, they
are speechless.

God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament. This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. This firmament, if it existed, would have been quite an obstacle to our space program. 1:6-8

And YOU are so all-knowing as to dictate what is God's "entire creative effort"? Someone Whom YOU claim doesn't exist, but you know HIS capabilities or lack thereof? Is there no end to your hauhtiness? No, there is not.

Cain is worried after killing Abel and says, "Every one who finds me shall slay me." This is a strange concern since there were only two other humans alive at the time -- his parents! 4:14

Will there never BE any other humans? Yes, yes there will. But your hateful bias precludes you from thinking clearly, much less considering that there may indeed be other facts at play which are not described.
Numbers

The Israelite population went from seventy (Ex.1:5) to several million (over 600,000 adult males) in just a few generations! 1:45-46

What did the Israelite population do after the nation of Israel was officially created? Surprise, surprise, it increased to several million in a few short years as Jews returned from Germany, Russia, and all over the world. Moreover Judaism is not only a race, it is also a religion. So people emigrate from Africa and embrace Judaism, for example.

Judges

Every male Midianite was killed during the time of Moses (Num.31:7), and yet just a few years later they flourish like grasshoppers "without number." 6:1-6

1. How many female Midianites were pregnant "during the time of Moses?"
2. The time of Moses encompasses quite a few decades during which many women would have gotten pregnant.
3. There was no census taken at that time, was there? Look at any large crowd and count every person, please. They too are "without number" because it is nearly impossible to count every one.
Your short-sightedness comes through loud and clear every step you take.

Matthew

There are 29 generations listed from David to Jesus in Matthew's genealogy, while Luke's (3:23-31) has 43. Except for David at one end and Jesus at the other, there are only three names in the two lists that are the same. 1:6-16

The authors of Matthew and Luke did not have identical access to the information, obviously. That there are different names listed in no way invalidates either list. I cannot possibly name every person who graduated in my high school class. My list will have different names than those of other classmates won't it. David and Jesus were two paramount figures, weren't they.
Luke

In Luke's gospel, God addresses Jesus directly saying, "Thou art my beloved son." But Matthew (3:17) has God speak to those witnessing Jesus' baptism, by saying: "This is my beloved son." Whatever the exact wording, it is strange that after witnessing this even, John the Baptist is still unsure about Jesus (Mt.11:2-3, Lk.7:19). 3:22

YOU cite the weakness of ONE MAN and marvel at it? That's rich considering that God often chose weak men to do His tasks. Jesus was betrayed by one of His chosen disciples.

Jesus challenges God the Father, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me."

There is much that we do not understand. While you godless atheists proclaim your obeisance to "science," research in science continues the world over at a frenetic pace, for the sole reason that humans seek truth, the Latin word for which is "scientia."

And so now, giggly Tommy, I have answered each and every one of your pretentious, ignorant questions thoroughly and I will add you to my Ignore List.

ciao brutto

Neither Jews nor Arabs are a race. Are YOU a Scofield Dominionist?

ChemEngineer

Dominion theology (also known as dominionism) is a group of Christian political ideologies which seek to institute a nation which is governed by Christians and based on their understandings of biblical law. Extents of rule and ways of achieving governing authority are varied.

I have no idea, what I can tell you is that Chem Engineer is an intelligent man with a happy life, he has generously shared with me about some his personal life which I treasure, in the PM system.

Genesis

Yea, that sun-created-on-the-fourth-day thing clearly precludes any biblical claims to empirical reasoning, as do a number of other such incidents. The Bible is not science.

You and other atheists, like so many Christians, insist on injecting your worldview onto the ancients' worldviews. A firmament with waters above and waters below is not a hinderance to anything. Rainclouds in the sky and seas on the earth are perfectly natural.

Apparently you also believe, like so many Christians do, that the Bible says Adam and Eve were the only two people on earth. Do you really think that the ancients thought the earth was a planet? In the case of Genesis 1:1, earth, i.e, 'erets, means land (Strong's 776). That is all; not a sphere that orbits the sun. Obviously, according to the Bible, other civilizations existed.
Matthew

Luke

======

There are hundreds more.......
I don't want to go through the tedious task of addressing all the apparent contradictions, but the genealogies certainly appear contradictory, and maybe in places, they are. In the Old Testament, they tended to leave out some generations.

And Matthew doesn't list 29 generations; he lists more, and he specifically summarizes the 42 he mentions (1:17).

As the differences in names go, I don't know. Perhaps Matthew's Jewish background, which Luke did not share, is a major reason for calling them by different names. Note also that Matthew traced his genealogy to Abraham while Luke traced his Adam.

Did you read the texts or did you just Google something?

At any rate, bringing up apparent contradictions, as atheists so gleefully do, is not going to dissuade believers. Their faith is not in the details.

Last edited:
There are very few honest ways to interpret scripture, and the only one valid is with guidance from the Holy Spirit. Now a passage of scripture can have more than one meaning; however, those means don't contradict but enhance each other. I've never been unhappy when following CHRIST. It is when I don't that I find myself at wits end. I cannot imagine life without GOD ----- it cannot be a joyous one...

This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Strength and honor.

Ask the Lord what you can do today to serve and please Him. It may only be picking up litter on public streets and parking lots. It may only be complimenting someone, perhaps a grocery clerk: "Thanks for feeding me! You do outstanding work." Perhaps you can send a loving text, email, or note to a friend or family member to make them laugh. But each such deed will reward you as you do it and afterward as well. Those on the receiving end will appreciate your effort, you can be sure.

When is the last time YOU stopped to help a motorist in distress? I take every such opportunity, with joy in my heart. I can't tell you how many women's flat tires I have changed out on freeways and city streets, most recently two months ago. Pushed another's car off a busy street by hand while directing her steering. No problemo.

If some decent man had picked up a solitary nail or screw that gave Denise Huber a flat tire, she would be alive today.
If some decent man had stopped to change her flat tire for her on the 73 Toll Road in Costa Mesa, California, she would be alive today. But alas, no decent man was available at either opportunity presented to so many lazy men.

"I slept and dreamed that life was joy.
I awoke and saw that life was duty.
I acted, and behold: duty was joy." - Rabindrinath Tagore

Last edited:

ChemEngineer

I have no idea, what I can tell you is that Chem Engineer is an intelligent man with a happy life, he has generously shared with me about some his personal life which I treasure, in the PM system.

So much of the Bible is gross exaggeration.. especially the OT So much is focused is on demonizing the neighbors and portraying themselves as grandiose... while borrowing the legends and folklore of the older civilizations around them.

ChemEngineer

So much of the Bible is gross exaggeration.. especially the OT So much is focused is on demonizing the neighbors and portraying themselves as grandiose... while borrowing the legends and folklore of the older civilizations around them.
Can you provide an example of what you are talking about?

ChemEngineer

god of love sure likes fomenting wars in the OT. In it shows that this dude even helps his chosen few win them.

god of love creating and or supporting wars is a massive contradiction.

ChemEngineer

god of love sure likes fomenting wars in the OT. In it shows that this dude even helps his chosen few win them.

Since you don't believe God did do those things, isn't it disingenuous of you to blame God for those things?

Making war is necessarily evil? That's weird.

Atheists don't make claims. That's what theists do.

Atheists make claims all the time.

Genesis

Numbers

Judges

Matthew

Luke

======

There are hundreds more.......
their answer:
god did it
god can do anything
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
So what is so wrong with saying GOD did it, when in fact GOD does it? Why should I or anyone disregard the obvious and try to develop a theory excluding GOD ---- because one wishes to believe GOD cannot exist. Laugh all you wish, but any other opinion is not without issues, and clearly GOD does make HIMSELF known to those sincerely seeking HIM needing help.
.....plain and simple--you can't prove there is a god....YOU people claim that--YOU have to prove it or else it's plain bullshit
..I can claim jesus took me to the moon for a ham sandwich ...he did that

Like all Theists they can't address POST 60 at all, they as usual skirt around it and make silly retorts, but NOT address it in detail whatsoever, but I know some of them who read it will have a nagging doubt and some even wrestle with it emotionally, then recovers quickly by ignoring it to maintain the dependence on a heavenly daddy they will never seem hear, or feel, it is a prison many live in without realizing it.

Actually, I've addressed or examined every one of your alleged contradictions. All of them entail a lack of knowledge on your part, the most astonishing being your belief that the Bible somehow asserts that only three persons were alive at the time of the first recorded murder. It obviously asserts no such thing.

As for the alleged contradiction in Numbers, it's understood that the 70 souls are those of Jacob's immediate family. The count does not include the hundreds of others of the Abrahamic tribe, and it wasn't just a few generations later, but 15 to 16 generations later. The latter count does include the entire tribe.

I would ask the atheist if he holds that something has always existed given that something does in fact exist rather than nothing.
The christian has no proof there ever has been a time matter or energy has not existed. nor would there be a difference for the secular theist.

So now you're claiming that the absurdity of an actual infinite can exist in nature after all, that an infinite regress of causality can be traversed to the present. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with the proofs of logic and mathematics.

Let's Examine Claims of Atheists

The Fallacy of Science vs. Religion

The atheists' frequent claim that science and religion are mutually exclusive is demonstrably false. If atheists were as "rational" and "intelligent" as they are always claiming, they would not resort to mendacity. Science pursues truth.

The list of scientists as men and women faith is long and growing.

List of Christians in science and technology - Wikipedia

“Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.”
” - Demon Haunted World, page 29, by Carl Sagan

“I believe in God more because of science than in spite of it.” – William Phillips, Nobel Laureate in Physics

The Atheist Claim of Rationality and Intellectual Superiority

If atheists are, on average, intellectually superior to people of faith, then why do they abandon their religious belief in atheism at a rate higher than any other group? (The Supreme Court has adjudged atheism a religion.)

Atheists marry less, by far, than those of faith.

Recently the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life has published its mammoth study on Religion in America based on 35,000 interviews... According to the Pew Forum a whopping 37% of atheists never marry as opposed to 19% of the American population, 17% of Protestants and 17% of Catholics.[3]
The religious have better mental health into adulthood.
The abstract for the journal article Health and Well-Being Among the Non-religious: Atheists, Agnostics, and No Preference Compared with Religious Group Members published in the Journal of Religion and Health indicates: "On dimensions related to psychological well-being, atheists and agnostics tended to have worse outcomes than either those with religious affiliation or those with no religious preference."[2]
Global News reported:
“ Children who are raised with religious or spiritual beliefs tend to have better mental health into their adulthood, a new study from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health found.
According to the study’s findings, people who attended weekly religious services or prayed or meditated daily in their childhood reported greater life satisfaction in their 20s. People who grew up in a religious household also reported fewer symptoms of depression and lower rates of post-traumatic stress disorder.[3]
People of faith live longer than atheists.
For the study, a team of Ohio University academics, including associate professor of psychology Christian End, analysed more than 1,500 obituaries from across the US to piece together how the defining features of our lives affect our longevity.
These records include religious affiliations and marriage details as well as information on activities, hobbies and habits, which can help or hinder our health, not otherwise captured in census data.

The study, published in Social Psychological and Personality Science today, found that on average people whose obituary mentioned they were religious lived an extra 5.64 years.
Atheists commit suicide far more often than those of faith, which is clearly not "rational"
"Atheism: Contemporary Rates and Patterns" in The Cambridge Companion to Atheism, ed. by Michael Martin, Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK (2005). In examining various indicators of societal health, Zuckerman concludes about suicide:
"Concerning suicide rates, this is the one indicator of societal health in which religious nations fare much better than secular nations. According to the 2003 World Health Organization's report on international male suicides rates (which compared 100 countries), of the top ten nations with the highest male suicide rates, all but one (Sri Lanka) are strongly irreligious nations with high levels of atheism. It is interesting to note, however, that of the top remaining nine nations leading the world in male suicide rates, all are former Soviet/Communist nations, such as Belarus, Ukraine, and Latvia. Of the bottom ten nations with the lowest male suicide rates, all are highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."[3]
The list of atheist shooters and serial killers does not correspond to claims of intellectual superiority and rationality.

Atheists have a long record of being mass shooters and militant atheism in general has a causal association with mass murder.
Due to this fact, peer reviewed research published in academic journals has found that society-at-large is likely to hold atheists responsible for capital criminal acts and that even atheists are likely to assume that serial killers are fellow atheists.[2][3][4]

“The dogma of Christianity gets worn away before the advance of science. Religion will have to make more and more concessions. Gradually the myths crumble.” – Adolf Hitler

"...indoctrinating them (scholars) with materialism, atheism, and the theory of evolution - the Chinese Communist Party systematically brainwashed a new generation of students, instilling hatred toward traditional culture. ... the CCP promoted atheism and launched ideological attacks against the belief in god.... using methods of violence and high pressure to suppress, persecute and, eliminate religions including the murder of religious practitioners." - The Epoch Times, July 29, 2019

Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins became atheists after long and exhaustive rational inquiries into the existence of God, both at the age of nine. - The Irrational Atheist, by Vox Day, page 243

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined. – The Irrational Atheist, by Vox Day, page 240

Irrational Atheism

Atheists always claim to be more rational and more intelligent than Christians. They do not provide evidence of their arrogant, pretentious claim, but even if they did, it does not begin to prove their claim that God does not exist. Implied but not stated is the presumption that BECAUSE atheists are much smarter than you are, THEY must be right, and YOU must be wrong. That does not logically follow, and is a clear Fallacy of the Argument From Authority. So the statement of intellectual superiority itself is irrational.

Atheists claim that "there is no proof" of God. They seem blissfully ignorant of the fact that proof only exists in mathematics. So says mathematics professor John Lennox, of Oxford University.

His remark is echoed by the late Carl Sagan, a militant agnostic and Leftist, who said, "Nothing is known for certain except in pure mathematics." Atheists seem to dispute even their beloved Carl Sagan as they insist that they know for certain that Darwin was indisputably right, though it is not known "for certain," according to Sagan, and therefore, what need for God? Atheists Stalin and Hitler agreed wholeheartedly.
'''''atheists = mass shooters'''''--you fkd up there
......Christian /christian countries have caused the most death/destruction/etc
Spain, Britain, Belgium, US, etc etc
Wonder how many people died during the Holy Crusades.,,how many died believing they were fighting for God. Most of not all wars are fought by armies convinced God was on their side. We were convinced God was on our side in WWII while the German army had 'God is with us' itched on their belt buckles.

Atheism can also be defined as 1) “the belief that God does not exist” or 2) “denial of the existence of God”. This 2nd definition makes the most sense. According to your definition someone who employs reason and thinks God exists sans belief would be an atheist which is of course absurd.

Your definition is like a participation trophy, you want the thrill of accomplishment without actually doing anything.

As I observed in the above, atheism defined merely as a lack of belief in the existence of divinity is rather trivial. Any given inanimate entity lacks belief, and in my experience, atheists routinely deny the existence of God.

By the way, I don't think dblack himself is an atheist. I do know that he holds that the Universe (the physical world) began to exist in the finite past . . . unless he has since changed his mind.

Atheism can also be defined as 1) “the belief that God does not exist” or 2) “denial of the existence of God”. This 2nd definition makes the most sense. According to your definition someone who employs reason and thinks God exists sans belief would be an atheist which is of course absurd.

Your definition is like a participation trophy, you want the thrill of accomplishment without actually doing anything.

As I observed in the above, atheism defined merely as a lack of belief in the existence of divinity is rather trivial.
Yet that is the definition. And generalizing outside of that is fairly useless. The only thing that can generally be said about atheists is that the lack a belief in gods.

Any given inanimate entity lacks belief, and in my experience, atheists routinely deny the existence of God.

Not all atheists. Not even most, I'd wager. Most of us never bother. Most of us rarely tell anyone we're atheists - largely because of the stereotypes being bandied about in this thread.

By the way, I don't think dblack himself is an atheist.
You can think whatever you want. ;)

I do know that he holds that the Universe (the physical world) began to exist in the finite past . . . unless he has since changed his mind.

Don't recall making the claim. Nor to I see how it matters.

Forum List

Back