Rejecting traditional gender roles.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
These roles are outdated and very harmful. I have posted many threads about unfair treatment of men. But rejection of traditional gender roles goes much deeper then resentment -- even though in many cases it is 100% justified.

I also share my weaknesses and readily except at least emotional help from anyone willing to offer it. I am not suffering, but I feel sort of bored and empty most of the time.

These roles are outdated and very harmful. I have posted many threads about unfair treatment of men. But rejection of traditional gender roles goes much deeper then resentment -- even though in many cases it is 100% justified.

I also share my weaknesses and readily except at least emotional help from anyone willing to offer it. I am not suffering, but I feel sort of bored and empty most of the time.
This is a joke, right?

I agree. There is some foot stink that would make a goat vomit.
Not only that. In my opinion Toxic Masculinity is

submitting to injustice without protest (if it is possible to protest)

not asking for help (when help is available)

taking unnecessary risks

Outdated maybe but how in the world are traditional gender roles "harmful"? Effeminate male hairdressers do no harm but other venues are forced to hire women who naturally do not have the upper body strength to do the job and men are forced to take up the slack. Look at highway crews. The guys are digging ditches and running air hammers while the babes deal with the go-no go signs. It's the way the system works and Americans pretty much accept it. The more lefties whine about "gender roles" the worse it gets.

Outdated maybe but how in the world are traditional gender roles "harmful"? Effeminate male hairdressers do no harm but other venues are forced to hire women who naturally do not have the upper body strength to do the job and men are forced to take up the slack. Look at highway crews. The guys are digging ditches and running air hammers while the babes deal with the go-no go signs. It's the way the system works and Americans pretty much accept it. The more lefties whine about "gender roles" the worse it gets.
Progressives support much more rigid gender roles then Conservatives:

-- Men are violent oppressors, while women are victims of oppression

-- Men have obligation to help women, but women have no obligation to help men

-- Men should take hardship/abuse without complaining

The young need to make up, their own mind, not being influenced by their parents at all. People need to help them see what they are, according to the parts that they have. All allowed to be naked, without a penalty, would have prevented what we are looking at.

Forum List

Back