refusing to debate? then i'm refusing to endorse.

Every candidate in these Republican debates should be loudly condemning the ridiculous lawfare against Trump.
Did any of them do that?????
:rolleyes:

Body language expert on fourth Republican presidential debate: Who won and who was a ‘trainwreck’?
The two frontrunners in the Republican presidential debate seemed to have learned from criticisms of their performances in the past, while those trailing behind came back to the stage with the same energy and strategy, body language expert Greg Hartley told The Post.

Remote : Thu, 07 Dec 2023 01:44:13 -0500
Local : 2023-12-07(Thursday) 07 : 44 : 13
Found via NicerApp WebOS

FYI : Nikki Haley came out as the winner, according to this body language expert.
and that expert makes a very valid point as to his thinking : a politician should show some restraint in the face of heavy criticism by fellow politicians. know when to strike back, how hard, how fast, in what manner.
it's imporant, i think.
I saw the exerts on the AP site. The "deep bench" the GOP supposedly had is looking pretty silly. The front runner has 90+ indictments, the other four alternatives are a former UN secretary...that alone puts her at odds with most of her party; the former NJ governor who, if this was 1996 instead of 2023 would be a shoo-in but is unelectable because the GOP has decided that reality has no place in their party; the governor of Florida/human trafficker who looks like he just got kicked in the nuts and wants to beat up his brother in law and this Vivek fellow who is the human epitome of a drunk at the end of a bar.

and the Democrats, with their Deep State, puppet-led (Biden) form of "democracy", are no better than Trump with his authoritarianism problems.

democracy isn't perfect until we the people make it so, at the ballot office! :D
Except we get to keep the vote and replace, and the pendulum keeps swinging.
So, now, this idiot trump says he won't be a dictator except for day one, if elected. But what do we lose on day one? Are you jailed if you do not agree with him like in Russia or China, countries and leaders he admires for their strength and order? If you are a typical government worker, are you out of a job, replaced by a partisan. If a high ranking General that took an oath and always honored that oath to our constitution, are you straight to prison? Do trump partisans of the new government workers show up and kill you? How about the courts? Do we still have them, with laws applied across the board, or is that just for people not in the super rich and not trump supporters. Are further elections held by the states abolished for a federal control system guaranteeing top down control, where somehow, like in other authoritarian countries the dictator now gets 96%+ of the vote? What if the governors of some of the states choose US Constitutional, democratically elected representative republic form of government, not recognizing the new top down authoritarian form he institutes (or attempts) on day one? Is taiwan automatically brokered away to appease China? Is Ukraine cutoff and given to appease Russia and maybe other eastern European countries that used to be Soviet satellites also. Do those that attacked the Capital unsuccessfully instantly become national heroes, released from prison for crimes committed and adjudicated by juries of their peers? What happens to the oil market? If pumping more than ever before is not getting the price point that keeps his supporters happy, does he nationalize oil production, instituting demand production and commanded domestic prices, destroying the international market, crippling the economies of the free world, toppling Wall Street as the regular rules just no longer apply?

There is no question what has to be done in this election if we wish to continue to have voices in all future elections. Simply keep Trump out, again, and we get to keep our representative republic and work on our problems, whether they are changed (not solved) on his day one dictatorship or not.

Anybody have a youtube of the Robert Kennedy Jr/Tater debate?

Chrispy Cream said Trump will be found guilty in his 20 or so court cases and not be able to become President.

I wonder if he is right.

Will the Left wait till the GOP jettisons all other candidates and then drive a nail through the heart of the GOP by disqualifying Trump?
A conviction doesn't prevent him from being President, dumbass.

K. Republicans all over the nation won races under exactly the same conditions, on the same ballots. None of them cried foul. It's his warped personality that can't accept facts he doesn't like.
To win all elections would look bad.

To win enough elections to oust Trump and maintain relative all powerful status requires tampering with only a few swing states.

To win all elections would look bad.

To win enough elections to oust Trump and maintain relative all powerful status requires tampering with only a few swing states.
Too bad ol Trumpy was never able to prove it. It's just another crackpot conspiracy theory now.

Does America really want debate?

Those supporting Trump and Biden don't. That proves that the majority of America does not want it.

Most people I think are incapable of critical thinking.

I've concluded that democracy is merely a battle for the best propaganda for people to spew.

Whoever is the best at it, wins.

You're on a roll this week!

Amen and amen.

The debates are mostly for the moderators, not the candidates. And it is very rare that anybody gets any useful information from them.

There is an extremely useful and informative website OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues
that gathers pretty much all the policy positions and statements from all national and some other prominent candidates. I allow that anybody can change their mind or position due to experience or new information so don't dwell much on stuff from years ago. But it is quite useful if you take the time to click on links to see what the candidates positions are or have been.

Your suggestion of a clear position paper on each issue from each candidate running would be excellent too. But generic statements like "we must invest in education" is meaningless. The position statements should be clear on what the candidate means by 'investing in education". How much? In what areas? What would be the definition of success? Plus I want to know how much federal meddling and policy the candidate thinks appropriate when it comes to public education.
I find myself nodding along to the various points in your post like I were following along to a great tune. 🎵 (yes I do look ridiculous nodding away like this.)

Great post.

Except we get to keep the vote and replace, and the pendulum keeps swinging.
So, now, this idiot trump says he won't be a dictator except for day one, if elected. But what do we lose on day one? Are you jailed if you do not agree with him like in Russia or China, countries and leaders he admires for their strength and order? If you are a typical government worker, are you out of a job, replaced by a partisan. If a high ranking General that took an oath and always honored that oath to our constitution, are you straight to prison? Do trump partisans of the new government workers show up and kill you? How about the courts? Do we still have them, with laws applied across the board, or is that just for people not in the super rich and not trump supporters. Are further elections held by the states abolished for a federal control system guaranteeing top down control, where somehow, like in other authoritarian countries the dictator now gets 96%+ of the vote? What if the governors of some of the states choose US Constitutional, democratically elected representative republic form of government, not recognizing the new top down authoritarian form he institutes (or attempts) on day one? Is taiwan automatically brokered away to appease China? Is Ukraine cutoff and given to appease Russia and maybe other eastern European countries that used to be Soviet satellites also. Do those that attacked the Capital unsuccessfully instantly become national heroes, released from prison for crimes committed and adjudicated by juries of their peers? What happens to the oil market? If pumping more than ever before is not getting the price point that keeps his supporters happy, does he nationalize oil production, instituting demand production and commanded domestic prices, destroying the international market, crippling the economies of the free world, toppling Wall Street as the regular rules just no longer apply?

There is no question what has to be done in this election if we wish to continue to have voices in all future elections. Simply keep Trump out, again, and we get to keep our representative republic and work on our problems, whether they are changed (not solved) on his day one dictatorship or not.
that's just 1 big dilusional word-salad dude.

Forum List

Back