refusing to debate? then i'm refusing to endorse.

Until you run out of sticks and negotiate with the Taliban. They bragged that they got everything they asked for.
a bunch of 2nd hand "secondary level" military gear? inline skates? ghilly suits?
ha ha, it's not like that turns them into a real threat against us dear.

we can handle the Taliban threat at the domestic level now.
plus, it spread into Africa (big-time), and all over the Middle-East.
we got bigger fish to fry now than to try and rule petty Afghanistan with it's hard to mine, hard to transport raw materials.

refusing to debate?
then i'm refusing to endorse.
I have a tough time believing that you would endorse Trump whether he debated or not.

Whether he runs, debates, doesn’t debate, I wouldn’t vote for him and my endorsement or lack of endorsement would not matter.

not necessarily, i think.
he's got plenty of money.
money does buy the best lawyers.
huh? His RICO charge in Georgia comes with a five year mandatory minimum. If any of his 91 felony counts has a minimum amount of incarcerated time attached to it, he does time.

refusing to debate?
then i'm refusing to endorse.

At the end of the day, you are some random person on an internet message board site. Trump doesn't know who you are, and it would never make a difference to him or or his campaign that you won't endorse him.

a bunch of 2nd hand "secondary level" military gear? inline skates? ghilly suits?
ha ha, it's not like that turns them into a real threat against us dear.

we can handle the Taliban threat at the domestic level now.
plus, it spread into Africa (big-time), and all over the Middle-East.
we got bigger fish to fry now than to try and rule petty Afghanistan with it's hard to mine, hard to transport raw materials.
Twenty years just to reinstall the Taliban. Brag about it if you must.

I have a tough time believing that you would endorse Trump whether he debated or not.

Whether he runs, debates, doesn’t debate, I wouldn’t vote for him and my endorsement or lack of endorsement would not matter.
nope, seriously, debating is a pre-requisite for any democraticly elected President.
it's the very basis of democracy, i feel.

Twenty years during which we taught the Taliban 1 very important lesson : don't go exporting terrorism again (or rather : not publicly or wide-spread).
We should have used all this time to wipe em out instead of trying to teach lessons to religious fanatics

and the Democrats, with their Deep State, puppet-led (Biden) form of "democracy", are no better than Trump with his authoritarianism problems.

democracy isn't perfect until we the people make it so, at the ballot office! :D
Nothing human will ever be perfect.
If you want "democracy" to work, improve; then it takes more than "the ballot office". You have to be active in local civic organizations all the time, attend and input to city, county, state legislative and boards. Remain informed and involved.

Too many citizens think their duty is done once every couple of years with just casting a ballot, but that is lazy way out.

One politician/person, no matter what the office/title can not effect "authoritarianism" all on their own. They need the support and effort of others in the government; staff, bureaucrats, elected representatives such as in House and Senate, etc. willing to follow the orders and do the grunt work. As we saw last time, Trump didn't even get half of those doing whole hearted support. Most gave a minimum of effort and lip-service.

Trump will be starting all over again if elected, undoing the damage done by molester Joe Biden and Democrat dominate 'Deep State'. If Trump gets elected, he will need to focus on significant double digit reductions in Agencies and their staff. Bloated guv'mint departments and excess hired hands is the many illness killing our nation.

BTW, the USA is a Republic, not a Democracy. Representative Republic if you want to pick nits.

We should have used all this time to wipe em out instead of trying to teach lessons to religious fanatics
nooo, that's genocide, and would lead to a serious erosion of our hold on the moral highground, and thus impede those all-important recruiting efforts for our volunteers-only armies. you don't want the draft to be re-instituted? you maintain your hold on the moral highground then. be the shiny city on the hill for real, and all that.

Taliban were just one of many expressions of global Islamic Jihad. It would take more than Western Leadership is willing to do to wipe out an ideology like that.

A further complication is that about half the government and military of Pakistan, especially within the ISI, started and supported the Taliban. So unless we were willing to engage major "house cleaning" in Pakistan's government and military, there was no way to wipe out the Taliban. With the Taliban basing out of Western Pakistan there was further constraints on what could be done with out escalation of that regional conflict. Best option would have been to build strong resistance within Afghanistan, their government and military, but the Will of those people wasn't strong enough to that task.

Taliban were just one of many expressions of global Islamic Jihad. It would take more than Western Leadership is willing to do to wipe out an ideology like that.

A further complication is that about half the government and military of Pakistan, especially within the ISI, started and supported the Taliban. So unless we were willing to engage major "house cleaning" in Pakistan's government and military, there was no way to wipe out the Taliban. With the Taliban basing out of Western Pakistan there was further constraints on what could be done with out escalation of that regional conflict. Best option would have been to build strong resistance within Afghanistan, their government and military, but the Will of those people wasn't strong enough to that task.
i think it all depends on how long Allah will support terrorism as a valid tactic to achieve political change.
it could well take over a thousand years from now.
Allah, with His 7th Heaven for Muslim Warriors and involuntary martyrs, has the entire concept of re-incarnation backing him, if He chooses to keep telling his non-moderate imams that terrorism is a valid tactic (and strategy-set).

what we here in the west (and Israel) can best do is enforce our right to live by our own rules, as handed down by our Gods (and societies), each and every time a military underdog like Hamas is trying to use terrorism to achieve political change that they can't wait long enough for (which is measured in decades as well) in polite, peaceful demonstrations.

Body language expert on fourth Republican presidential debate: Who won and who was a ‘trainwreck’?
The two frontrunners in the Republican presidential debate seemed to have learned from criticisms of their performances in the past, while those trailing behind came back to the stage with the same energy and strategy, body language expert Greg Hartley told The Post.

Remote : Thu, 07 Dec 2023 01:44:13 -0500
Local : 2023-12-07(Thursday) 07 : 44 : 13

Found via NicerApp WebOS

FYI : Nikki Haley came out as the winner, according to this body language expert.
and that expert makes a very valid point as to his thinking : a politician should show some restraint in the face of heavy criticism by fellow politicians. know when to strike back, how hard, how fast, in what manner.
it's imporant, i think.

YOU don't. and that's totally fine, mr unfriendly.

people WILL listen to my future argumentation with regards to the elections however, and this refusal to adhere to the most basic of democratic values (elections debates) certainly weigh kinda heavily on those future argumentations that i'll be entering into the internets.
n4EkcTh.gif

Forum List

Back