Record Number Of Americans Renounced Citizenship In 2014

Yeah..my retirement plans have always been a ranch in the boonies.
But if things continue as they are I'll be getting out.
I have no desire to live in a progressive wasteland.

I hear you. As it looks that's what the citizens today wants. I've watched it go down the gutter for the last 45 years. when you have 47% of people on some form of (taxpayer) assistance and feels no shame by it. well you get the picture

Of course we'll be called "unAmerican" for refusing to hand out our money to the huddled masses.
I say fuck em,it's not my fault they want the American dream of of my back.

yep, screw them. I've giving all I care to give to the ungrateful pukes. I only have two more years until retirement. then they are on their own. they can eat each other for all I care

Then, by all means, leave.

I might. wont be your concern. I've paid into this country for 45 years so thank you very fucking much for caring

Why the hell should I care? You clearly don't. As far as I am concerned, you're just another ungrateful puke. So take off. We can get along without you.

I hear you. As it looks that's what the citizens today wants. I've watched it go down the gutter for the last 45 years. when you have 47% of people on some form of (taxpayer) assistance and feels no shame by it. well you get the picture

Of course we'll be called "unAmerican" for refusing to hand out our money to the huddled masses.

yep, screw them. I've giving all I care to give to the ungrateful pukes. I only have two more years until retirement. then they are on their own. they can eat each other for all I care

I might. wont be your concern. I've paid into this country for 45 years so thank you very fucking much for caring

Why the hell should I care? You clearly don't. As far as I am concerned, you're just another ungrateful puke. So take off. We can get along without you.

lol, go diddle yourself. my life isn't YOUR concern. worry about yours...it must be lacking you have to come in here and dump on someone for what? talk about a puke

Last edited:
A record-setting number of Americans renounced their citizenship in 2014, up from 2,999 in 2013 to 3,415, Treasury Department statistics showed.

U.S. mass exodus Record number of Americans renounced citizenship in 2014 - Washington Times

The U.S. "worldwide" system of taxation is to blame. Our income tax laws are ridiculously complex and over-reaching. FATCA is draconian and the penalties are simply asinine. Congress can fix the problems, but they only tend to make them worse.

3,415 (an increase of 416) out of a population of 318,900,000 and they call it a "mass exodus"? Kind of says something about the Washington Times. That's like a politician who got 0.001% of the votes claiming to have a mandate from the people.
Agreed, but I suspect more Americans will renounce their citizenship in the years to come. Particularly since many retiring baby boomers will find they have few assets to support themselves in retirement.

However it does appear that our big intrusive government seems concerned about this trend. This article spells out how Uncle Sam is doing much to tax Americans living outside the US and prevent them from ever returning should they renounce citizenship.
A Perfect Conspiracy 8211 LewRockwell.com

There are ex-pat communities all over the world. I know several of them myself and I can tell you they did not move because they lacked funds - quite the opposite. You don't buy a villa on the coast of Portugal or a condo on an island off Belize because you are broke. It doesn't take a lot of money, but it does take money.

As to preventing people from returning once they have renounced their citizenship, why should they get any different treatment than any other non-citizen?

What is happening is not a mass exodus and it is nothing new. Even the fact that the WT is playing it up as if it were is nothing new.
Yes it does take money to move out of country, but not much. This is why many Americans may consider it to attain a nice life style and leave a sinking ship, that is becoming more tyrannical by the day.
Many nations will grant Americans residency based on proof of monthly income of as little as $1000.

Regarding returning to the US after renouncing citizenship, I find your comment silly. Read the article I posted. And remember...America allows all sorts of foreigners entry without any requirements being met.

A record-setting number of Americans renounced their citizenship in 2014, up from 2,999 in 2013 to 3,415, Treasury Department statistics showed.

U.S. mass exodus Record number of Americans renounced citizenship in 2014 - Washington Times

The U.S. "worldwide" system of taxation is to blame. Our income tax laws are ridiculously complex and over-reaching. FATCA is draconian and the penalties are simply asinine. Congress can fix the problems, but they only tend to make them worse.

3000 people is about is 0.001% of the population. I wouldn't call that a 'mass exodus'.

3,415 (an increase of 416) out of a population of 318,900,000 and they call it a "mass exodus"? Kind of says something about the Washington Times. That's like a politician who got 0.001% of the votes claiming to have a mandate from the people.

Even less people than that died on 9/11, yet countless indoctrinated Americans dramatically go on and on about "the great many lives that were lost in the 'traumatic' events of 9/11"...

Wait a minute...we're supposed to be happy to hand over our hard earned money to people who didnt work their ass off so they could retire comfortably,thus delaying our retirement,or worse yet degrading it to the point you cant afford to do shit?
Fuck them and fuck you.

lol, go diddle yourself. my life isn't YOUR concern. worry about yours...it must be lacking you have to come in here and dump on someone for what? talk about a puke

He just wants his fair share of our money. Whatever that is.....

Even less people than that died on 9/11, yet countless indoctrinated Americans dramatically go on and on about "the great many lives that were lost in the 'traumatic' events of 9/11"...

Yeah, but the tragedy was their deaths.

The folks that renounced their citizenship are still alive.

Wait a minute...we're supposed to be happy to hand over our hard earned money to people who didnt work their ass off so they could retire comfortably,thus delaying our retirement,or worse yet degrading it to the point you cant afford to do shit?
Fuck them and fuck you.

well yeah, I guess they didn't put that in our contract when we were born here. how dare we protest it...man oh man some people

Fuck them and fuck you.

well yeah, I guess they didn't put that in our contract when we were born here. how dare we protest it...man oh man some people

It's the whole changing the rules of the game that pisses me off.
Using their numbers and rules you plan your retirement only to have them change the rules "to be fair".
Well screw that!! I'd rather put it in a pile and burn it than to hand it over to some asshole who didnt do shit to earn it so some politician can get elected.

Fuck them and fuck you.

It's the whole changing the rules of the game that pisses me off.
Using their numbers and rules you plan your retirement only to have them change the rules "to be fair".
Well screw that!! I'd rather put it in a pile and burn it than to hand it over to some asshole who didnt do shit to earn it so some politician can get elected.

Yep, the older I get the MORE fed up I get. People don't like it, tough shit

You have no idea what you are talking about. Those ungrateful pukes include my father, who spent his life in uniform defending this nation so idiots such as yourself can call him an ungrateful puke. They include my wife, whose father died when she was a child from wounds he suffered during WWII, so idiots such as yourself can call his widow and children ungrateful pukes. And it will include you in two years time, though the description will at least be accurate in your case.

You say "fuck em", I say fuck you. You don't want to pay your fair share, then leave. I am sick of self-involved leaches who think they are entitled to the benefits this nation offers just because they were lucky enough to pop out of the right womb. No one is holding a gun to your head, so don't let the door hit you in the ass.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Those ungrateful pukes include my father, who spent his life in uniform defending this nation so idiots such as yourself can call him an ungrateful puke. They include my wife, whose father died when she was a child from wounds he suffered during WWII, so idiots such as yourself can call his widow and children ungrateful pukes. And it will include you in two years time, though the description will at least be accurate in your case.

You say "fuck em", I say fuck you. You don't want to pay your fair share, then leave. I am sick of self-involved leaches who think they are entitled to the benefits this nation offers just because they were lucky enough to pop out of the right womb. No one is holding a gun to your head, so don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Wait a minute. Who said anything about veterans? Last time I checked they worked for their money. You're not one of those idiots who call SS welfare are you?
And why is it my responsibility to take care of undeserving assholes so someone can get elected? Because thats all this shit is ..a vote buying scheme.
And to answer your question as to why I deserve more than some welfare sucking pig? Because I worked for it,and I pay the way for that welfare sucking pig in taxes, which by the way I pay in vastly larger sums than some welfare bum.
That clear enough for ya?

Can't say I blame them. When so many people can be DUPED into putting in someone like Barrak Hussein Obama in as President and what he's turned this government into. I've thought of it myself

There's the GOP in a nutshell.

Can't say I blame them. When so many people can be DUPED into putting in someone like Barrak Hussein Obama in as President and what he's turned this government into. I've thought of it myself

If that 47% includes people on Social Secrity, then it's bogus.

The left routinely claims veteran benefits are welfare so ya they include SS.

Not a single conservative that I know considers SS a form of gov assistance.

There's the GOP in a nutshell.

No that's ME in a nutshell. I wasn't born here to take care of my family and a bunch of other lazy asses too. You Democrats are so saintly why don't you all just volunteer to take care of everyone. Give your weekly paychecks, take food from the mouth of your family. but we know you won't because that is THE DEMCORAT in a nutshell. expect everyone to take care of their charity while bellowing how it is they who cares so much more. pfeeesh

I've given 45 years to your pets/or your pawns I should say. now I'm almost done...yeah for me

Last edited:

Forum List

Back