Rebel Moon: Netflix (2023)

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I wanted to like this movie.
The opening scene provides a clear indicator what this woman worshiping film was going to be.
It opens with a 105lb. woman plowing land with the old type of manual plow that many a man cannot control.
And along comes the male interest, to tell her dinner is ready. To which she basically told him I will come when I am ready.
And the scene ends with him looking at her in amazement of how awesome she is.
Then of course, when a powerful ship filled with soldiers that literally end worlds arrives - it will include a scene where she takes on 7-8 trained male warriors, each outweighing her by at least 100 lbs. - and she easily beats them like they are toys.

And that - is when I shut it off.

Woke sucks.

The opening scene provides a clear indicator what this woman worshiping film was going to be.
It opens with a 105lb. woman plowing land with the old type of manual plow that many a man cannot control.
And along comes the male interest, to tell her dinner is ready. To which she basically told him I will come when I am ready.
Then of course, when a powerful ship filled with soldiers that literally end worlds arrives - it will include a scene where she takes on 7-8 trained male warriors, each outweighing her by at least 100 lbs. - and she easily beats them like they are toys.

Woke sucks.

This is the same woman who wore blades for feet in "The Kingsman".

Woke sucks.

Doesn't sound "woke" to me. Sounds like you're calling it "woke" because you don't know what else to call it.

A part of the whole woke scene is to make women in movies far superior than men, in every way.
And especially physically.

Why's that "woke"?

Just sounds like it's a premise. You get characters that are stronger than others. It can be a male, a female, a kid. Look at Harry Potter, going around and defeating wizards way older than himself. Is that "woke"?

Nope.

Woke sucks.

Exactly. When are they ever going to make pictures of one guy taking on 7-8 trained warriors and winning?

Why's that "woke"?

Just sounds like it's a premise. You get characters that are stronger than others. It can be a male, a female, a kid. Look at Harry Potter, going around and defeating wizards way older than himself. Is that "woke"?

Nope.
Because it is disillusioning women into thinking that when some thug comes up to her, she can do all that crap they see on TV and take down the thug, while in reality the women will get a severe beat down.

In Miss Congeniality, Sandra Bullock was a rough and tough FBI agent, right? Then one night Sandra had a prowler outside her window, and she wept talking to the 911 operator.

If you think a woman being overly strong was the big problem with the movie, you’re lucky at how little of it you watched. That was one of the least important negative aspects of the movie. The writing, acting, even the CGI were all much worse. 🤣
And they made a second movie.

so-stupid-you-are-stupid.gif

If you think a woman being overly strong was the big problem with the movie, you’re lucky at how little of it you watched. That was one of the least important negative aspects of the movie. The writing, acting, even the CGI were all much worse. 🤣
I didn't last that long, maybe 25 minutes?
The scene when 3-4 guys were shooting at her with automatic weapons, and 3-4 other guys attacking her with knives - and she kicks all of their asses - their bullets all miss her despite they are only 10 feet away... and of course she has only a pistol and expertly head shot all of them.

Switch...

Woke sucks.

"

"Movies should be more like life and life should be more like the movies."

The scene when 3-4 guys were shooting at her with automatic weapons, and 3-4 other guys attacking her with knives - and she kicks all of their asses - their bullets all miss her despite they are only 10 feet away... and of course she has only a pistol and expertly head shot all of them.

Switch...

Okay, that's kind of absurd. But no more absurd than Imperial Stormtroopers being unable to hit Luke or Han at nearly point-blank range.

1716850672956.png

Switch...
That’s a problem whether the character is a man or a woman, I’d think. Maybe a bit more unrealistic with a woman for the hand to hand fighting, but ridiculous action movie stuff either way.

Switch...
Sometimes even unrealistic things happens.
For example, there was a real duel between a cook armed with an axe and a German tank.

Forum List

Back