Reasons Why We Should Welcome Syrian Refugees

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
I realize that this issue has led to a morass of misinformation and fear mongering.....but I figure there may be a few people who would like to read something that is based on factual info and sound reasoning.

Here it is.

Six Reasons to Welcome Syrian Refugees After Paris | Niskanen Center

The enemy of our enemy is our friend?

There is precedent for America refusing to accept political refugees. Then, the fear was that NAZI's would sneak in with the fleeing Jews. Will we remember our history?

I realize that this issue has led to a morass of misinformation and fear mongering.....but I figure there may be a few people who would like to read something that is based on factual info and sound reasoning.

Here it is.

There is precedent for America refusing to accept political refugees. Then, the fear was that NAZI's would sneak in with the fleeing Jews. Will we remember our history?

Stalin was the enemy of our enemy and he was not our friend.

Here it is.

Excellent contribution. Of great value, as always.

Here it is.

And as always you have nothing real to say in return.

This

6. America should demonstrate moral courage: During World War II, the U.S. turned away Jews due to security concerns. We sent shiploads back to the camps because we were scared that Nazi spies could hide in their midst (which was not an entirely unfounded concern). The lesson of the Holocaust, as I noted here, is that we must deal with threats without rejecting our ethical obligations. We must not send those fleeing persecution back to their persecutors. The definition of moral courage is to resist allowing fear to overwhelm our humanity.

Here it is.

Ok I say all the far left drones on this board take the refugees into their homes..

Here it is.

Naturally. Who would dare engage you in a battle of wits? You are a known winner here. I'm intimidated.

Here it is.

Naturally. Who would dare engage you in a battle of wits? You are a known winner here. I'm intimidated.
Well... he did shoot your fallacy down. I could name a few more, too. But why waste my time?

When our friends are the enemy of our enemy, we end up fighting them later down the road. And the OP mentioned history LMAO

Here it is.

Nothing in that piece is relevant to the issue under our current circumstances, which have never before existed..

This

6. America should demonstrate moral courage: During World War II, the U.S. turned away Jews due to security concerns. We sent shiploads back to the camps because we were scared that Nazi spies could hide in their midst (which was not an entirely unfounded concern). The lesson of the Holocaust, as I noted here, is that we must deal with threats without rejecting our ethical obligations. We must not send those fleeing persecution back to their persecutors. The definition of moral courage is to resist allowing fear to overwhelm our humanity.
If they never get the right to vote, do you still the same way?

Here it is.

And nothing again. Are there not liberal only boards where you could go, since you are not interested in any disagreement?

This

If they never get the right to vote, do you still the same way?

Not sure I understand your point. If they are American citizens - then they should have the right to vote. If they are not, then they don't. But I don't see what any of that has to do with the issue.

LL, I have no problem with true refugees entering the US. Thing is, there is no vetting program in place to confirm these folks are not terrorists. In fact, Obama seems determined to avoid any type of vetting. There in lies the problem. Surely you can see the importance of proving a refugee is who he says he is and has no terrorist affiliation or violent past.

Here it is.

You do not have your Nazi history correct. The Jews aboard the St. Louis were not denied entry because of the fear Nazi's were among them. You merely made that up.

As such, everything else you posted is suspect....as usual.

Why post here when everyone knows you post nothing but partisan foolishness?

Forum List

Back