Reasons why progressives desire "universal healthcare"?

Reasons why progressives desire "universal healthcare"? Choose up to three.

• They're irresponsible people & happy to pass their responsibility elsewhere. It's Y they love govt.

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • It's an entitlement

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • It's a right under the Constitution. Same with free housing, clothing and food. Probably sex too.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • They're selfish & spend their money on travel, beer, gadgets etc. Can't afford healthcare too

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Because someone told them they deserve it, so believing so is convenient

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Cuz some other countries have it. Best ignore those countries are small, united & W/O immigration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because they're unable to connect the dots, so of course "free" sounds AWESOME.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
The Healthcare system as it is is causing a financial catastrophe for millions of Americans every year.

The entire industry - medical workers, industry administrators, insurance companies, malpractice lawyers, the pharmaceutical industry, medical equipment manufacturers - every industry involved in the Medical industry - has been charging extortion level prices for their services.

Free market competition IS NOT HAPPENING AT ALL in the medical industry. They are taking advantage of sick peoples desperation to charge ridiculous, extortion level prices.

It would be great if the entire industry would show some self control and reduce their prices to reasonable levels - about 10% of what their currently charging - but they won't. Their greed in limitless.

As a result they are hanging themselves. They've caused an economic crisis for most Americans. The only way to prevent the medical industry from getting all you own and your entire life savings is to die suddenly. Even then they'll try to revive you just to charge $30k or more.

Most elderly try to transfer there wealth to their children 5 years before they become dependent on medical care - so that they qualify for medicaid. That's a BULLSHIT way to do things.

Regulation on a massive level could put a leash on them, but for all practical purposes, the ONLY solution is to socialize them.

Hey, maybe they can be desocialized in about 50 years and they'll restrain themselves next time round.

From babyfinger's link:
Republicans are more religious than Democrats, and religious people donate generously to their religious congregations.

We find no support for the claim that political beliefs drive differences in giving.
Of course Democrats are somewhat less amenable to being herded into dusty, uncomfortable buildings, indoctrinated with Sky Daddy fantasies, and extorted into supporting such a silly business for fear of Daddy's alleged fiery retribution. They appear to prefer a less tyrannical, more democratically selected, bunch of limp wristed toadies spreading their hard won, excess earnings around to those in need.

could you list 3 reasons why you ALWAYS misrepresent the liberal point?

I think CHEAP and AFFORDABLE health care is a good idea!

That way EVERYONE could have access to health care.

golly....I truly am evil!
Health Insurance is not a right. Throw about 20 Million Illegals out of this country; ask Pelosi to allow us to buy it across state lines, and the cost of health insurance will drop.

No one is ever denied legitimate health care.

Apparently you don't realise immigrants pay taxes and subsidise your SS
Like Germans, Asians, euros first generation may cost.
But since they represent people with far more balls than you every subsequent generation pays for your benefits.
Would you walk 2000 miles and leave everything in your confederate America behind??
I doubt it, rather blather on from your doublwide?
And you do know how stupid it is to throw 20mm out?
Next time you have a $20mm hospital bill don't come crawling to me
Lol
Na, not really
You should really mind your own business and stop forcing your fucked up ideas on other people. You silly little fucker
Nice foul mouth.
College again?

Health Insurance is not a right. Throw about 20 Million Illegals out of this country; ask Pelosi to allow us to buy it across state lines, and the cost of health insurance will drop.

Show me Trump's replacement for Obamacare.

Oh, that's right. He doesn't have one.

No wonder all you can do is piss on everyone else's ideas. Any jackass can do THAT!

It takes a real man to put a better solution on the table.
I already have it. It's called a health insurance benefit I earn through the company I work for.
If you are fired or quit, you lose your health insurance. So you are a hostage to your employer.

Good plan! For submissive people.
Lol
Entitlement rules your life doesn’t it… How does it feel to be a coward?
I just had a $10000000 hospital bill but I'd saved enough to pay it.
Just like you I'm sure?

You left off of the real reasons why the left favours single payers healthcare:

1. A 25% reduction in administration costs. All first world nations with single payer healthcare pay administration costs of less than 10% of their total costs. In the USA, administration costs eat up nearly 35% of every health care dollar.

2. Currently 35,000 Americans die every year because of the lack of access to quality health care. Those who rely on emergency care when they get sick, are not getting preventative care, and wait until they are far more seriously ill before seeking care, making treatment and care far more expensive if they had sought care before the illness had advanced to this point. Universal health care means everyone has equal access to basic coverage.

3. Tying health insurance to your employer makes it difficult and risky to change jobs. With universal health care, changing jobs has no impact on your health care at all. Supplemental policies may differ from employer to employer but the basic coverage is always in place and changing/losing your job doesn't change that.

4. Doctors can't extra bill, and turn away patients who can't afford them.

So you have better, cheaper health care - for everyone.

And you didn't list a single one of those reasons.
Lol
You have no understanding of America do you? There is no legitimacy to socialized medicine/healthcare In this country.
Paying into a pool invites corruption plain and simple… That is why Social Security and Medicare are fucked up from the get go.

I guess you turned down Medicare and SS on your SO high principles?

1. A 25% reduction in administration costs. All first world nations with single payer healthcare pay administration costs of less than 10% of their total costs. In the USA, administration costs eat up nearly 35% of every health care dollar.

2. Currently 35,000 Americans die every year because of the lack of access to quality health care. Those who rely on emergency care when they get sick, are not getting preventative care, and wait until they are far more seriously ill before seeking care, making treatment and care far more expensive if they had sought care before the illness had advanced to this point. Universal health care means everyone has equal access to basic coverage.

3. Tying health insurance to your employer makes it difficult and risky to change jobs. With universal health care, changing jobs has no impact on your health care at all. Supplemental policies may differ from employer to employer but the basic coverage is always in place and changing/losing your job doesn't change that.

Lol
You have no understanding of America do you? There is no legitimacy to socialized medicine/healthcare In this country.
Paying into a pool invites corruption plain and simple… That is why Social Security and Medicare are fucked up from the get go.

And our trump u PhD is SO knowledgeable

Medical debt is crushing many Americans. States can help fix that

A Consumer Financial Protection Bureau study found that 20 percent of Americans have at least one medical debt collection item in their credit reports, and more than half of collection items on credit reports are for medical debts.

This is the real reason most Americans file for bankruptcy

A new study from academic researchers found that 66.5 percent of all bankruptcies were tied to medical issues —either because of high costs for care or time out of work. An estimated 530,000 families turn to bankruptcy each year because of medical issues and bills, the research found.

Even Insured Can Face Crushing Medical Debt, Study Finds
In the new poll, conducted by The New York Times and the Kaiser Family Foundation, roughly 20 percent of people under age 65 with health insurance nonetheless reported having problems paying their medical bills over the last year. By comparison, 53 percent of people without insurance said the same.

These financial vulnerabilities reflect the high costs of health care in the United States, the most expensive place in the world to get sick.

Republican Plan: Do NOTHING. Continue to allow health care costs to skyrocket forever.

Democratic Plan: UHC.

Gee, I wonder which plan will win in the long run!

No wonder all you can do is piss on everyone else's ideas. Any jackass can do THAT!

I already have it. It's called a health insurance benefit I earn through the company I work for.
If you are fired or quit, you lose your health insurance. So you are a hostage to your employer.

Lol
You should know

Lol

Emigrate to Somalia, no gov there

Lol

Is that where you are from?

Lol
You know damned well I am opposed to UHC.

Bearing false witness is a top ten sin, asshole. You should keep that in mind.

Lol

Guess that's why Medicare has 4 % overhead.
20% in private plans

Lol

Yup, fabulous place, no cops, no roads, no rubes

Since Trump does not have a clue what to do about healthcare, all his rube herd can do is piss on anyone else's ideas.

This has been the GOP strategy for a very long time: Attack the other guy's ideas to cover up your inadequacies.
Lol
The fuck up is involving the federal government in people’s personal lives… Are you that stupid?
Your pic looks like you are.
Zero college I assume?

I go by what people DO, not what they SAY.

Judging the Republican Party by their ACTIONS, it is obvious they sold us all down the river to the Democrats and Universal Health Care a long, long time ago.

The rubes have STILL not caught on they have been massively hoaxed, because they are still stupid enough to bleev the bullshit WORDS they are fed.

For example:

"You're going to have such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it's going to be so easy."

Lol

Yup, fabulous place, no cops, no roads, no rubes
why does the butt rape god allah hate Somalia?

Trump promised on Day One to repeal and replace Obamacare.

To this day, almost three years in, he has yet to put a replacement on the table.

Lyin' Donald is a big, fat coward. His actions prove it.

Well, to be totally honest, Trump never had a replacement. He just lied to the rubes and told them he did.

In actuality, Trump is as dumb as his rube herd and he believed the GOP when they said for seven years they were going to repeal and replace Obamacare if they ever got control of Congress and the White House.

Trump was just going to take credit for the Republican replacement.

Except there never was a Republican replacement.

And the rubes have STILL not caught on they have been massively hoaxed for TEN YEARS now.

Forum List

Back