Reasons to not get married - poll

Reasons to not get married

• 1 haven't found the right one

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 2 found the right one but the person's often annoying/difficult

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 no way to know who the right one is (until it's too late)--ahh!

• 4 can't find anyone as brilliant as I am LOL

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 5 can't find anyone who will put up with me for a lifetime

• 6 can't find anyone who believes the same way I do (i.e the right way)

• 7 found the right one (probably) but messed up and now.. hopeless

• 8 Some or all of the above

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 9 something else, I will explain

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Well thanks Stumpy, that means almost nothing to me.
I mean, I am not getting married again by choice. You are simply making a virtue out of necessity. I was just trying to be a bro during the holidays so you don’t jump out of a window.

How about THE WIFE GET BORED WITH YOU AFTER 6 MONTHS AND RUN OFF WITH TYRONE WITH HALF OF YOUR TOTAL WORTH !!!
You dont marry a women today,,YOU MARRY THE COURT

I'll settle down once I find the right woman. Too many of them are self absorbed and need constant attention.

I've never been comfortable with the 'til death do us part' clause.....far too much implies one can legally do in the other....~S~

Those who meet the criteria for what marriage is intended to be are highly unlikely to be attracted to a psycho, much less choose one as a mate.
Psychos are known for not admitting to being psycho. Sometimes people get involved unwittingly

I've never been comfortable with the 'til death do us part' clause.....far too much implies one can legally do in the other....~S~
But you wouldn't mind if someone was committed to you that way, right?
I'll settle down once I find the right woman. Too many of them are self absorbed and need constant attention.
But what about YOUR faults?

Do u have any?

Here is a great reason

The Word says that an unmarried person is focused on God while the married person is focused on spouse

and is DIVIDED

Thanks for the uplifting story!

You appear to be military? I think they know more than the non-military folks

how to endure hardships

Every man should be in the armed services, if only long enough to pass boot camp...
So did I! 41 years in about 2 months. My brothers and sisters were not so lucky. Oldest brother married 3 times, but my wife introduced him to #3 and they have been together a long time. Younger brother twice and his first was a gambling addict. Oldest sister has never married. Younger sister married once but he was an addict, and he was killed in a car accident shortly after they split.

The key is to make sure before you marry that the one you choose is someone who compliments your character traits and makes up for your shortcomings. My wife is all that and more. She's crazy but I am not, so it works! That is the same in my children's marriages also. One 18 years and going strong, and another 4 years and headed for about 50. The latter one married a tomcat who would go for anything with two legs and a fat behind! They lasted 4 years. Her second is her alter ego and they do well together.

Don't marry someone like yourself and you will be successful is my guidance.

Last edited:
Psychos are known for not admitting to being psycho. Sometimes people get involved unwittingly
It can happen. But there are almost always signs. Sometimes the attraction is so strong that even when the signs are noted, they are pushed aside in a form of denial.

It can happen. But there are almost always signs. Sometimes the attraction is so strong that even when the signs are noted, they are pushed aside in a form of denial.
True, but psychos usually out themselves early. And yet "early" is not early enough

i had this one ex who was literally psycho

it's not much of a wonder why I've been celibate for many many moons --not that that is the only reason or anything... there are a plethora of reasons. Mostly, I have a hard enough time just pleasing Jesus. He isn't always hard to please but----well, I feel a LONG story coming on

i don't have time for a long story..

:)

True, but psychos usually out themselves early. And yet "early" is not early enough

i had this one ex who was literally psycho

it's not much of a wonder why I've been celibate for many many moons --not that that is the only reason or anything... there are a plethora of reasons. Mostly, I have a hard enough time just pleasing Jesus. He isn't always hard to please but----well, I feel a LONG story coming on

i don't have time for a long story..

:)
Your situation might be different. I don't know you or your ex and have no reason to think you don't remember it all accurately.

But I do think in MOST cases there are signs but because the potential mate is so attracted, even so much in love, so much wants to get married, he/she pushes aside those signs in his/her mind and pretends they aren't important or won't be a factor later on. And that is almost always a mistake. As often as not a really bad mistake.

Forum List

Back