Reality of numbers......versus moronic spin....

You laid awake all night desperately trying to come up with an anti Trump thread and this is it?

Hardly.......sanity is returning for most Americans....except for the Trump cult membership, of course......lol

Because of a normal midterm gain for the opposition party?

Who is spinning now?

BIGGEST net gain of (D)s in the house since watergate. that's 40+ years. Ocean County was a virtual red (R) haven

lol............................. not anymore........................................

oh & the entire northeast has turned blue. governors & state legislatures.... federal congress critters - all except for susan collins. & she'll be remembered for her kavanaugh diatribe.

tick tock suzie..............

Last edited:
Dem's lost ground in the Senate and try to explain the blue wave fail :auiqs.jpg:

the (D)s had to spend their time defending & keeping their seats. it was a given they wouldn't take the senate. but 2020 is a whole different story.

Any thinking American voter must cringe when hearing Trump spew about his "unprecedented victory" on Nov. 6th........but, by now, the cringing is a daily ritual when dealing with the liar-in-chief.

As the House majority raises for Dems. to almost 40 seats, Trump has decided to find "solace" in maintaining a slim majority in the Senate and labels that as "historical (although GWB achieved the same results in 2002.)

But, lets consider this about the Senate races two weeks ago:

Democrats were "defending" TWENTY-SIX seats, and won TWENTY-TWO of those....

while Republicans were "defending" only NINE seats.

Spin away all that your heart desires, but those are the facts.

Net gain in the senate vs. net loss. It's as simple as that, loser. LMAO

Nope. Just what normally happens in the mid terms.

Now Obama took a shellacking.
nope....

losing an average 25 seats in the House during a midterm election is normal....

near 40 seats gained is a Blue Wave, if not a Tsunami!!!

A blue ripple maybe but not a wave. How many seats did they take in the Senate??

Now if they had taken both the House and the Senate that would be a BLUE WAVE.
Democrats never expected or even tried to claim they would win any seats from republicans in the Senate when they were touting a Blue Wave is coming Claudette.....

it was NEVER about the Senate....

primarily because the Democrats in the Senate were trying to defend 26 seats up for reelection, verses the Republicans only had 9 senator seats to defend.... the odds were never in the Democrat's favor from the get go, in the Senate....

in 2020, it will be the opposite, where Democratic Senators defending seats are few and Republican senator seats coming up for reelection are Many.... kind of the reverse situation.

^^^ doesn't know what a blue wave is.

^^^ doesn't realize that subpoenas & articles of impeachment come out of the house.

nope....

A blue ripple maybe but not a wave. How many seats did they take in the Senate??

Democrats never expected or even tried to claim they would win any seats from republicans in the Senate when they were touting a Blue Wave is coming Claudette.....

primarily because the Democrats in the Senate were trying to defend 26 seats up for reelection, verses the Republicans only had 9 senator seats to defend.... the odds were never in the Democrat's favor from the get go, in the Senate....

in 2020, it will be the opposite, where Democratic Senators defending seats are few and Republican senator seats coming up for reelection are Many.... kind of the reverse situation.

^^^ doesn't realize that subpoenas & articles of impeachment come out of the house.

^^^ doesn't realize Trump will laugh at the House while he controls the Senate :muahaha:

Any thinking American voter must cringe when hearing Trump spew about his "unprecedented victory" on Nov. 6th........but, by now, the cringing is a daily ritual when dealing with the liar-in-chief.

As the House majority raises for Dems. to almost 40 seats, Trump has decided to find "solace" in maintaining a slim majority in the Senate and labels that as "historical (although GWB achieved the same results in 2002.)

No you are the one who is spinning it look at 2016 it was 10 democrat seats to defend compared to 24

The Republicans should of lost.

No you are the one who is spinning it look at 2016 it was 10 democrat seats to defend compared to 24

The dems did pick up 2 seats in the senate and 6 in the House in 16 despite running the worst potus candidate since McGovern and losing the WH despite winning the pop vote by something like 3 million .. which is nigh impossible. LOL

They also picked more than one state house in 16 I think. Maybe just one.

nope....

Of course I do!

It's a pick up from Republican held seats...

350 to 400 Democratic seats in the State Legislatures that were Republican and now are Democratic

7 Democratic Governorship's picked up

6 to 7 State legislatures picked up by the Democrats

and a 40 seat pick up by the Democrats in the House.....

While Republicans picked up 2 seats in the Senate with 26 seats of the Democrats being opened for them to win....

That's with the House being very gerrymandered by the republicans to ensure republicans would win the district and disenfranchise the rest of the voters.

If the districts weren't so badly gerrymandered, the republicans would have lost a lot more seats in the House than they did this year.

We will see what the new districting will do and how the districts will be carved up after the 2020 census. I'm sure the republicans will do all they can to retain as much power in state government as possible to be able to keep drawing as many of those gerrymandered districts as they can.

The dems did pick up 2 seats in the senate and 6 in the House in 16 despite running the worst potus candidate since McGovern and losing the WH despite winning the pop vote by something like 3 million .. which is nigh impossible. LOL

I said this a million times on here the Cubs would of won the world series before the democrats lost the senate in 2016..

It was a lock...

I am surprised Jesus didn't come back after Trump beating Hillary And the Cubs finnaly winning the world series before the Titanic sank.

I said this a million times on here the Cubs would of won the world series before the democrats lost the senate in 2016..

It was a lock...

But the dems didn't hold the senate BEFORE 16. I think you're saying the dems should have picked up 5 rather than 2, or at least 4. Had Hillary won PA and Wisc possibly they would have.
Other than Toomey PA and Johnson Wisc, I didn't really see the wins for the dems.
United States Senate elections, 2016 - Wikipedia

The reality is that despite with the Rural White party losing a % of the pop in succeeding elections, there's a very close to 20or21 split for each party in red of blue states. So, logically the dems SHOULD be controlling the House, and they may well continue that trend after taking 8 state legislatures in 2 years. And assuming they can put up candidates who can win the states Hillary didn't lose PLUS PA and Mich and either Wisc or Az ... they win. And I'm not sure they need give up on Tex or Fl or even .... Ohio depending on who they run.

I am surprised Jesus didn't come back after Trump beating Hillary And the Cubs finnaly winning the world series before the Titanic sank.

But with a close to 50-50 GEOGRAPHIC split in 42 or so states, control of the Senate will be contested even if the dems have significant numerical advantages with House and Potus races. It may be McConnell foresaw this, so he blocked Garland, set up a 5 seat maj for ten years even if there's no change till 20 and Trump is tossed to the curb.

And now he's standing firm for bipartisan statesmanship.

[QUOTE="Skull Pilot, post: 21226269, member: 7407"]Don't know and don't care

I don't get my undies in a twist over something that happens 92% of the time ( that and I usually don't wear underwear)

You lack any kind of historical perspective which is why you think commonplace things are so extraordinary

Now wait just a minute......

First you say that you don't know and you don't care about history....and then a moron like you states, "...you [me] lack any kind of historical perspective....."

Do you realize how truly fucked up that orange kool aid has made you and your ilk???

LOL[/QUOTE]

Hell, that's one way to prevent getting your undies in a twist...although, you do realize that's just a metaphor.

You laid awake all night desperately trying to come up with an anti Trump thread and this is it?

Hardly.......sanity is returning for most Americans....except for the Trump cult membership, of course......lol

Who is spinning now?

Sitting Presidents do not normally have an extremely gerrymandered House like Trump did

Dems needed to win by seven percent just to break even
They won by nine percent.

A shellacking

So, they won the midterms. Like normal.

YOur spin is noted.

Who is spinning now?

BIGGEST net gain of (D)s in the house since watergate. that's 40+ years. Ocean County was a virtual red (R) haven

lol............................. not anymore........................................

oh & the entire northeast has turned blue. governors & state legislatures.... federal congress critters - all except for susan collins. & she'll be remembered for her kavanaugh diatribe.

tick tock suzie..............

Yes, very frustrating every time it happens. YOu just get two years in, and the voters hit the brakes.

Let's pretend that I wasted my time finding and posting about the Bill Clinton's first mid terms.

Same type of shit.

YOur spin is noted.

Of course its "like normal"......What is NOT normal, is the idiotic statements from your moron-in-chief claiming that he "won a major victory".......

GWB and Obama honestly stated their disappointment when their respective parties lost the midterms........Your orange clown simply could not admit the same because, after all, he IS a fucking orange clown.

YOur spin is noted.

Of course its "like normal"......What is NOT normal, is the idiotic statements from your moron-in-chief claiming that he "won a major victory".......

GWB and Obama honestly stated their disappointment when their respective parties lost the midterms........Your orange clown simply could not admit the same because, after all, he IS a fucking orange clown.

He is a very hyperbolic person, I think it has to do with his being from NYC.

Surely, you've noticed this already.

I can understand how it can be off putting to some people.

But, really, your intolerance of people from different cultures, is uncalled for.

Forum List

Back