Reagan

I wasn't old enough at the time to fully know what was going on during Reagan's presidency. A lot of people worship him, and a lot of people abhor him. What made him stand out?
Republicans worship him because he was the last president we had that seemed like he was cast for the role like in a movie, understandable since he played the role all of his life. The real Reagan was a wishy-washy easily controlled know-nothing who just said patriotic bullshit while his staff worked like the dickens to sell us out to the plutocrats. I remember him getting elected and my mother turning to me and saying "This guy is going to get us all nuked." In the end it turned out to be a pretty close thing.

I think your mom was talking about JFK who actually almost did get us nuked. Reagan didn't come close.
Actually after the iron curtain fell it was later revealed that the Russian hard-liners had seriously considered launching their nukes because they were scared Reagan the eternal saber-rattler would invade them the moment control slipped from their hands.

Sorry friend, that makes no sense.
Only because you have been engaged in polishing the legacy rather than remembering history as it was. To Russian paranoiacs, Reagan was bent on the utter destruction of Russia. Between his horrific military build-up and his constant apocalyptic rhetoric they were certain the invasion would begin the second it became clear they had lost control. Good thing cooler heads prevailed.

Reagan was the last REAL President we had. He was the best of the 20th century and probably beyond. Democrats hate him because he brought down the Soviet Union (singlehandedly) while the libfucks in Congress tried to undermine his efforts (traitors). He restored patriotism and respected the Constitution, which is something we haven't seen from the Democratic Party since before I was born. Liberal shitheads piss their pants over Reagan but none of them are good enough to shine his shoes. He was a true leader, the likes of which we haven't seen since.
Reagan was a superficial cardboard cut-out of a president. When you look instead at the rouges gallery of criminals he surrounded himself with it's a wonder we had a country left after he went away.

I wasn't old enough at the time to fully know what was going on during Reagan's presidency. A lot of people worship him, and a lot of people abhor him. What made him stand out?
Republicans worship him because he was the last president we had that seemed like he was cast for the role like in a movie, understandable since he played the role all of his life. The real Reagan was a wishy-washy easily controlled know-nothing who just said patriotic bullshit while his staff worked like the dickens to sell us out to the plutocrats. I remember him getting elected and my mother turning to me and saying "This guy is going to get us all nuked." In the end it turned out to be a pretty close thing.

I think your mom was talking about JFK who actually almost did get us nuked. Reagan didn't come close.
Actually after the iron curtain fell it was later revealed that the Russian hard-liners had seriously considered launching their nukes because they were scared Reagan the eternal saber-rattler would invade them the moment control slipped from their hands.

Only because you have been engaged in polishing the legacy rather than remembering history as it was. To Russian paranoiacs, Reagan was bent on the utter destruction of Russia. Between his horrific military build-up and his constant apocalyptic rhetoric they were certain the invasion would begin the second it became clear they had lost control. Good thing cooler heads prevailed.

So what? F...k them. He had balls and resolve and won the cold war because of it. There was no serious threat of nuclear war. Except during JFK. Reagan was hell bent on stopping the communists in the USSR, good for him.

Reagan was the last REAL President we had. He was the best of the 20th century and probably beyond. Democrats hate him because he brought down the Soviet Union (singlehandedly) while the libfucks in Congress tried to undermine his efforts (traitors). He restored patriotism and respected the Constitution, which is something we haven't seen from the Democratic Party since before I was born. Liberal shitheads piss their pants over Reagan but none of them are good enough to shine his shoes. He was a true leader, the likes of which we haven't seen since.
Reagan was a superficial cardboard cut-out of a president. When you look instead at the rouges gallery of criminals he surrounded himself with it's a wonder we had a country left after he went away.

If Reagan was cardboard that means every president since is nothing but paper.

Here is when Reagan put Mondale away. As soon as Mondale laughed it was a landslide for Reagan.

So what? F...k them. He had balls and resolve and won the cold war because of it. There was no serious threat of nuclear war. Except during JFK. Reagan was hell bent on stopping the communists in the USSR, good for him.
Believe what you want, to those who are not blinded by hero worship he was the most dangerous man to ever lead this country, mostly because he was purposely uninvolved in policy decisions which he left to some pretty terrible people.

If Reagan was cardboard that means every president since is nothing but paper.
To a certain extent you are correct, he further transformed the office of the president into a thing where the president is surrounded by layers of plausible deniability while shadowy figures do things he purposely does not want to know about.

The only thing that Reagan did of note in my estimation was throw us into a recession on purpose to break the cycle of inflation. It was explicitly intentional and coordinated with Britain. It did exactly what it was designed to do. And inflation has been under control ever since.

That's actually quite an accomplishment.

Says the Obama dick sucker who supports the biggest fucking criminal who ever entered politics.

An inspirational speech by Ronald Reagan; his first Inaugural Address on January 20, 1981

Mr. President, I want our fellow citizens to know how much you did to carry on this tradition. By your gracious cooperation in the transition process, you have shown a watching world that we are a united people pledged to maintaining a political system which guarantees individual liberty to a greater degree than any other, and I thank you and your people for all your help in maintaining the continuity which is the bulwark of our Republic.

The business of our nation goes forward. These United States are confronted with an economic affliction of great proportions. We suffer from the longest and one of the worst sustained inflations in our national history. It distorts our economic decisions, penalizes thrift, and crushes the struggling young and the fixed-income elderly alike. It threatens to shatter the lives of millions of our people.

Idle industries have cast workers into unemployment, human misery, and personal indignity. Those who do work are denied a fair return for their labor by a tax system which penalizes successful achievement and keeps us from maintaining full productivity.

But great as our tax burden is, it has not kept pace with public spending. For decades we have piled deficit upon deficit, mortgaging our future and our children's future for the temporary convenience of the present. To continue this long trend is to guarantee tremendous social, cultural, political, and economic upheavals.

You and I, as individuals, can, by borrowing, live beyond our means, but for only a limited period of time. Why, then, should we think that collectively, as a nation, we're not bound by that same limitation? We must act today in order to preserve tomorrow. And let there be no misunderstanding: We are going to begin to act, beginning today.

The economic ills we suffer have come upon us over several decades. They will not go away in days, weeks, or months, but they will go away. They will go away because we as Americans have the capacity now, as we've had in the past, to do whatever needs to be done to preserve this last and greatest bastion of freedom.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem

Says the Obama dick sucker who supports the biggest fucking criminal who ever entered politics.
Reagan sold weapons to Iran and used the proceeds to fund mass murder in central America, saw his financial policies cause the biggest financial crisis since the depression, gave away billions to defense contractors for crazy impossible projects that never even made it off the drawing board, tripled the deficit, engineered the toppling of several democratically elected governments, sold Saddam his WMDs, do I really need to go on? The man did some evil shit or at least his flunkies did and I for one have not forgotten.

today in a racist says something stupid!

He cut income taxes hugely, and indexed them to inflation so that people wouldn't be forced into higher tax brackets simply by inflation.

The economy took off, unemployment and interest rates plunged, wages rose, for high and low incomes alike - a boom that lasted longer than any peacetime expansion in modern history. Even tax revenue to the government increased almost continuously for the next dozen years.

It was the most spectacular repudiation of liberal economic beliefs the world has ever seen. In response to one of the many invitations he received to Halloween parties in 1987, he commented, "Maybe I'll slap some egg on my face and go as a liberal economist." He not only laughed at them, he got the entire country laughing at them.

And the liberals have never forgiven him for it. They have spent twenty-five years trying to lie and rewrite that bit of history - an effort that continues today.

Last edited:
Reagan sold weapons to Iran and used the proceeds to fund mass murder in central America, saw his financial policies cause the biggest financial crisis since the depression, gave away billions to defense contractors for crazy impossible projects that never even made it off the drawing board, tripled the deficit, engineered the toppling of several democratically elected governments, sold Saddam his WMDs, do I really need to go on? The man did some evil shit or at least his flunkies did and I for one have not forgotten.
History says you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, scumbag. If you were alive then, you sure as shit weren't paying attention. Or maybe you were just drunk, like you are now.

Reagan stood out due to the incredible wishful thinking of an unreflective electorate. His fatherly-fashion, pontification and condescension towards opposition pleased the appetite of those who search only duality and simplicity to be satisfied.

today in a racist says something stupid!
Do you not read what you type before posting or are you just stupid and not able to recognize the incoherence of your post?

It is amazing that so many US presidents have been so mediocre, or worse. 'Ike' was somewhat balanced.

Reagan stood out due to the incredible wishful thinking of an unreflective electorate. His fatherly-fashion, pontification and condescension towards opposition pleased the appetite of those who search only duality and simplicity to be satisfied.
From what liberal site did you get bullshit?

This might help:

Ronald Reagan s Record on the Economy and on the Budget

And your sigblock is erroneous. U.S. Senators are part of "the authority of the United States," and as such the Logan Act does not apply to them. Did any Democrats cry "treason" or mention the Logan Act when their fellow Democrats were going overseas during the Cold War and openly attacking President Reagan's foreign policy? How about when Democratic Senators and Representatives who went overseas during the Vietnam War and attacked the war effort? Did any Democratic anti-war "doves" protest when Jane Fonda visited North Vietnam, condemned the U.S. war effort, and posed with a NV anti-aircraft gun? Find me a single statement by a leading anti-war Democrat condemning that brazen treason. Those actions were a lot worse than an open letter from 47 Senators to the murderous, fanatical, Holocaust-denying thugs who run Iran, a letter that warns those despots that any deal that Obama might be foolish enough to make with them could end when he leaves office.

Reagan stood up to the soviets when all the other politicians wanted to keep treating them with kid gloves...the left hates him because he fought them in Latin America when they were killing people who opposed them....he armed the resistance to the lefties and the left hates him for that......

Forum List

Back