Reading Mormons

TheShinyOne

the bridge is closed
Nov 15, 2013
I started reading the book of Mormon just recently, and looking for a specific ideal form, not sure how to explain what that means to anyone but to say I'll know it if/when I see it whereas others maybe are oblivious. I'm not quite there yet, just finished the first book of Nephi this morning, only part way through the second book of Nephi at this point. But, what I did notice, what makes me go hmmmm, is at the beginning, chapter 1, verses 6-11. I'm about to convince myself that is a solar eclipse, and my brain is overloaded with curiosity, too many questions all at once. Foremost among them, what are the LDS teachings about the Pope? I mean, read that part the book of Nephi, then look at the Pope's coat of arms, then go back and look at the book, or am I reading too much into it?

In the second book of Nephi, chapters 24 and 25... Yup. I was expecting something a bit more subtle, and further along in the text. That's just awesome.

Hi, I just tried to reply to your pm, but after I wrote it I could not send it because it says you chose not to receive pms. so here is a copy:

Thank you. I hope I can add you as a friend, all I want is for people to listen to my speeches when I put them out, especially the ones I am about to put out within next few days and weeks. This is very similar to what I was explaining to my father when he was very sick early this spring - outlive the scum you keep telling me about. I am ok, I live a very healthy life style, and even though I have not eaten anything besides a few apples and few handful of peanuts for one week now, I know I will be ok, and even more importantly I know that international criminals can not touch me just like a much bigger host can not touch a parasite within itself. I am a parasite to the international criminals and I will destroy them in the entire world. that is my destiny.
TheShinyOne said:
Hey there,

I bet you've got good reason for what you're doing, and if more people in this world were decent and thoughtful, maybe it's helpful. But, there's a better way. The longer you live as a weight on society to drag it down, the more likely it is others will come to understand and see things your way.

Take care.

In the second book of Nephi, chapters 24 and 25... Yup. I was expecting something a bit more subtle, and further along in the text. That's just awesome.

I always liked the final Chapters of 2 Nephi. I've found them quite simple and powerful.

Hi, I just tried to reply to your pm, but after I wrote it I could not send it because it says you chose not to receive pms. so here is a copy:

Thank you. I hope I can add you as a friend, all I want is for people to listen to my speeches when I put them out, especially the ones I am about to put out within next few days and weeks. This is very similar to what I was explaining to my father when he was very sick early this spring - outlive the scum you keep telling me about. I am ok, I live a very healthy life style, and even though I have not eaten anything besides a few apples and few handful of peanuts for one week now, I know I will be ok, and even more importantly I know that international criminals can not touch me just like a much bigger host can not touch a parasite within itself. I am a parasite to the international criminals and I will destroy them in the entire world. that is my destiny.

I'm not sure how to respond, so forgive me if I come across like a jerk, but who am I to sympathize with you? Where were you when it was my turn to be down and out, when the eugenicist persecute me and mine according to their obsessions with the gene pool in the state? Instead of help, what I get is the "oh well, not that big of a deal" attitude, and that hurts especially when it comes from someone who only ever really cares about their online masturbation concern. So, I have an understanding, which is why I would encourage you to make your heart into ice cold stone your adversaries cannot bear to lift or carry, that is, instead of starving yourself out for their affection.

It's like, for one thing, there are all manner of trolls and shills and demons online. To know what games they play with the information they collect as time goes by, and how they will lie, spin, distort, deceive, gas-light, harass, intimidate, abuse, etc. each other and themselves, and for what purposes! They struggle for power, and in the process, reduce themselves unto corruptions unworthy of respect. And, having no honor, do they introspect, or do they ramp it up? Do they search their hearts inwardly, or do they amplify their propaganda? You see what I mean? They do well to inspire others to exact cruelty upon them, and that is their story.

But, you have an opportunity, you just have to have patience. Consider this, have you read the Revelation? Suppose there are Seven Chakras, each of them has an appetite, and from the ground just below your feet to the sky just above your head, is that not a spectrum or bandwidth of desires? Would you be in need of a fat little statue of Buddha to teach you that, and if so, how about the menorah instead? Now, here is a quote from the book of Mormon, since that's the topic in this thread:

"Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken; for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent."

Because I know what that means, more or less. Even it becomes a very powerful instrument in my hands, only God knows why. So, I study this, keeping it all in perspective. Some read the scriptures, they want to make interpretations, and there's endless debate on what it means and how it applies to history or current events, whether it's personal or in the public domain, etc. But, for all those who would put the bit into the Uktena's mouth, and have that for a beast of burden, it's magic.

The second book of Nephi, chapter 30...

Very much a vibe like that song Building a Mystery by Sarah McLachlan to my senses. I think, Satan loves sins, feeds off it, greasy residue what dark matter stains the soul. If it could be, to read into scriptures between the lines, what innuendo of the guilty conscious, that is. Would be an omen of God is watching? Or like, who do you think you're kidding there, pervert?

Want me to preach or something, no thanks. There are magnificent animal effigies, what can be found in the realm, and what are mechanisms by which the heavens are revealed a clockworks, and there are signs of God. If it is just plain, simple. The basic question is, what time is it? How do you prove it? The world changes, interstellar drift, helter skelters. Who among you is in charge of keeping track of that? Good grief, America, would you think it Charles Manson, or what?

America is a word that means The Beautiful People.

So far, I'm paused in Mosiah. There's a wonderful scene with all the people gathered about the king. It's a great panoramic view of the civilization, and they share words of wisdom. I think, the closest thing to that I've ever seen would be Obama's inauguration. I wonder what that would have been like for Mitt Romney, and maybe in some ways he won that election by losing it, assuming the wisdom he must have gained. Obama is a master at playing that image, how often he gives a speech with people all around him for no other purpose but to be seen there to make the appearance that one is many and many is one.

I started reading the book of Mormon just recently, and looking for a specific ideal form, not sure how to explain what that means to anyone but to say I'll know it if/when I see it whereas others maybe are oblivious. I'm not quite there yet, just finished the first book of Nephi this morning, only part way through the second book of Nephi at this point. But, what I did notice, what makes me go hmmmm, is at the beginning, chapter 1, verses 6-11. I'm about to convince myself that is a solar eclipse, and my brain is overloaded with curiosity, too many questions all at once. Foremost among them, what are the LDS teachings about the Pope? I mean, read that part the book of Nephi, then look at the Pope's coat of arms, then go back and look at the book, or am I reading too much into it?

Found the South Park episode sufficient. :) "Dum dum dum dum dum."

In my 20s I drove cross-country (California to Florida.) Along the way I stopped in on many churches and attended their worship services to learn first-hand what they were about. When I tried this at a Mormon temple they all but chased me out for not being a member. Doesn't say very good things about a religion when they're not friendly to visitors.

Last edited:

I haven't read any of that book but I DID live in SLC for two years, and fell in love with the Mormon people I met, and that includes the jack Mormons. ( those who drink coffee, etc. )

In my 20s I drove cross-country (California to Florida.) Along the way I stopped in on many churches and attended their worship services to learn first-hand what they were about. When I tried this at a Mormon temple they all but chased me out for not being a member. Doesn't say very good things about a religion when they're not friendly to visitors.

A Temple is not a church. It is a special facility that requires certain requirements be met before you can attend.

No Ward would ever turn you away.

I've found it prudent to not base my knowledge of faiths on cartoons.

As for visitors. Go to the local chapels and you will be welcomed with open arms. Temples are sarcred places for those who are prepared and not open to the public.

I haven't read any of that book but I DID live in SLC for two years, and fell in love with the Mormon people I met, and that includes the jack Mormons. ( those who drink coffee, etc. )

I like most Mormons I've met as well. Course I'm biased:)

I humbly invite you to read the Book of Mormon at your earliest convenience. One can be obtained free of charge here. I've found it to be an excellent guide in my path to the Lord.

LDS teachings on the Pope is he is a good man trying to lead people to God to the best of his ability. We don't recognize his office as valid or ordained of God. We believe that Apostles must succeed Apostles, not Bishop succeeding Apostles. In fact, we consider the office of Apostle and Bishop to be part of completely separate Priesthood Orders.

We have no doubt that he may be sincere in his discipleship of Christ. But if we believed he has authority, we would be Catholic not Latter-day Saints.

Do you foresee an eventual merging with "mainstream" Christianity?

Perhaps after Christ returns.

Before that, I find it unlikely. Mainstream Christianity does not accept the additional scriptures the Lord has revealed to us. Mostly out of ignorance of them, but still. And we have a unique work to do in preparing the world for Christ's return.

Though I do anticipate that as the Spirit of the Lord is poured out more upon the people and the contrast between the Spirit of the Lord and the Spirit of the world occur, that there will be more mainstream Christians embracing the Restoration and the authority restored in it.

LDS teachings on the Pope is he is a good man trying to lead people to God to the best of his ability. We don't recognize his office as valid or ordained of God. We believe that Apostles must succeed Apostles, not Bishop succeeding Apostles. In fact, we consider the office of Apostle and Bishop to be part of completely separate Priesthood Orders.

We have no doubt that he may be sincere in his discipleship of Christ. But if we believed he has authority, we would be Catholic not Latter-day Saints.

Your historical writings by Church leaders say quite the opposite from the 1830s to 1960s, that the RC and the Pope were the Great Harlot in Babylon, yes?

Do not give us the Mormon folklore of denial or obfuscation of the charge, please. That just is a waste of time as the talks and writings and sermons of the General Authorities are trotted out for, not your, but the awareness of those who do not know. You do know.

Last edited:

Before that, I find it unlikely. Mainstream Christianity does not accept the additional scriptures the Lord has revealed to us. Mostly out of ignorance of them, but still. And we have a unique work to do in preparing the world for Christ's return.

Though I do anticipate that as the Spirit of the Lord is poured out more upon the people and the contrast between the Spirit of the Lord and the Spirit of the world occur, that there will be more mainstream Christians embracing the Restoration and the authority restored in it.

The way I understand it, we are forbidden to add to or take away from the Bible. Thus the Mormon books are heretical to mainstream Christian dogma.
Revelations 22:18
18I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.…

The way I understand it, we are forbidden to add to or take away from the Bible. Thus the Mormon books are heretical to mainstream Christian dogma.
18I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.…

That scripture applies to Revelation, not the Bible.

those verses refer specifically to the Book of revelation. When John wrote them there was no Bible. And considering he wrote his gospel and epistles afterwards, if we accept that interpretation, John condemned himself.

Also, the prohibition is on man adding and removing from the Bible. It says nothing about God revealing more or even taking away what we have. He is free to speak as He pleases. and His word continues to be scripture.

Forum List

Back