reading about slavery enrages me

thinking about how after Lincoln emancipated the slaves, he paid slaveowners reparations. Not the enslaved.

That was his way of helping to "unify" the country and pacify angry white folks.
Stay tuned. History has a way of repeating itself. I keep hearing we need to pacify the angry racist whites to unify the country. No one has ever said we need to pacify Blacks for the centuries of racism. Its all a bunch of bullshit.
How many centuries did you live through? How many times did you go to separate drinking fountains? We have laws that prevent discrimination. The past belongs to God. Do something about the schools black kids are stuck in. Democrats won't. No charter schools for them.

" We have laws that prevent discrimination. "

Hey retard. Laws don't prevent discrimination. They only punish it in the event you can actually get someone to admit to it or its documented in an email or something.

Not true!

Every time that I think or read about American slavery it makes me white-hot mad. I’m not sure if that healthy, but it happens. And, I think about American slavery ALL THE TIME.
Put down the american slavery book---------and pick up a book on the history of slavery.......America was not big into slavery------and ended it rather quickly compared to most everyone else.

You need to a get a real Prospective------based on facts not indoctrination by your jr high school teacher teaching social studies which is basically twisted often false history meant to manipulate the weak minded and unstable.

Every time that I think or read about American slavery it makes me white-hot mad. I’m not sure if that healthy, but it happens. And, I think about American slavery ALL THE TIME.
Put down the american slavery book---------and pick up a book on the history of slavery.......America was not big into slavery------and ended it rather quickly compared to most everyone else.

You need to a get a real Prospective------based on facts not indoctrination by your jr high school teacher teaching social studies which is basically twisted often false history meant to manipulate the weak minded and unstable.
"..indoctrination by your jr high school teacher teaching social studies which is basically twisted often false history meant to manipulate the weak minded and unstable".

Well it didn't work on you did it? Ha ha ha

Dilligaf about a few slave years in America!!!

1610960452854.png

The Balkans were a source of slaves for the Ottomans for FIVE HUNDRED YEARS!! Cry me a bloody river about 1776 to 1863; a mere 90 years; about a SIXTH of what my forbears went through.

And YOU want REPARATIONS??? lmao

Greg

thinking about how after Lincoln emancipated the slaves, he paid slaveowners reparations. Not the enslaved.

That was his way of helping to "unify" the country and pacify angry white folks.
Stay tuned. History has a way of repeating itself. I keep hearing we need to pacify the angry racist whites to unify the country. No one has ever said we need to pacify Blacks for the centuries of racism. Its all a bunch of bullshit.
How many centuries did you live through? How many times did you go to separate drinking fountains? We have laws that prevent discrimination. The past belongs to God. Do something about the schools black kids are stuck in. Democrats won't. No charter schools for them.
Why don’t republicans stop defunding black schools?

Those who don’t know the past are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.

There is no god. So stop bringing up up your invisible friend who does nothing for any conversation other than wishful thinking of where you go when you die.

We don't have "black schools" here in the Tremendous County of Mercer, PA.

Children of every race can attend any of the government schools in their district of residency.
Well trump tried to get votes thrown out in counties where there are blacks schools.

BLACK LIVES HAVE NOT BEEN TAKEN SERIOUSLY AS DESERVING OF DIGNITY, AND IT SHOULD NOT TAKE SOMETHING LIKE SLAVERY TO PROVOKE WHITES INTO GIVING BLACKS THEIR DESERVED RIGHTS!

Slavery was defeated by other people generations before you were born.

Stop being silly.

Modern day slavery or historical slavery? You want a slave or you want to save slaves?

I kinda wonder then how that MOST of the WORLD can ignore that slavery IS STILL AN ISSUE !!! Lots of guilty parties ignoring THAT fact.. It's just that our minds are so clouded with stupid "outrages" and partisan pissing matches that we dont HAVE the resolve of all those whites who ended MOST of slavery in the world.. We're weaker in morals and commitment than they are by far...

I, as a COLORLESS person, refuse to take credit for
"ENDING SLAVERY"-----the situation developed as it
did------very incompletely---but better than NOT

Do you realize that if blacks were not brought here that you might not be here now?
You can't justify it. It is twisted that you would even try.

Are you so dense that you dont' realize that most people have ancestors who were slaves??

That's an excellent point.

All four of my grandparents came from Norway or Denmark. Their grandparents all came from Norway or Denmark as well. The Vikings are notorious for their plundering and taking slaves all the way into the Mediterranean. I figure I have at least a 50% chance of having ancestors who were a slave, and a 50% chance of having been an owner of slaves. While I'm very proud of my Scandanavian heritage, their situation matters not in the least to me today.

If reading about history makes you that angry, you might be a snowflake.

St Thomas Aquinas identifies 2 forms of slavery. In the 1st form, slavery is beneficial for both slave and master. An example of this is to be the slave of Christ. In the 2nd form, all autonomy is removed from the slave, that the slave has no mind of its own and exists only as a tentacle or worker bee mindless under the complete control of the master. If you are conveniently enraged enough, then go around and make a research statistics, how many white masters were of which one of these 2 categories. Would be interesting. Quantitative slavery research.

I kinda wonder then how that MOST of the WORLD can ignore that slavery IS STILL AN ISSUE !!! Lots of guilty parties ignoring THAT fact.. It's just that our minds are so clouded with stupid "outrages" and partisan pissing matches that we dont HAVE the resolve of all those whites who ended MOST of slavery in the world.. We're weaker in morals and commitment than they are by far...

The 1st slave ship arriving in America was a Jewish operation, and the 1st slave purchase in America that is documented is by a Jewish buyer.

Do you hate the white people that were cruel to the slaves or admire the slaves for their fortitude?
Both.
I would say that there are going to be cruel people all throughout history of all colors, creeds, and religions. There has to be a balance between those feelings.

Although the slaves endured cruelty, most were not willing to go back to Liberia when offered free trips back to their original country. Why do you think that was the case?

"Liberia" wasn't their original country. It didn't even exist when they (actually their ancestors) were taken.

Whelp, that's not true either. First of all you're (we're) speaking of the United States, not "America". "America" is literally all over the map including in terms of Slavery history. Brazil, which is in South America, didn't ban it until 1888. But well before 1865 when the US finally banned it, Spain and France and England and most of their colonies and ex-colonies, had already done away with it. So to suggest it "ended rather quickly compared to most everyone else" is just dishonest. Moreover it sounds like trying to minimize a history that spans 339 years.

Last edited:

The 1st slave ship arriving in America was a Jewish operation, and the 1st slave purchase in America that is documented is by a Jewish buyer.

Wrong again. The first African slaves brought to "America" --- meaning what is now the United States --- was a Spanish expedition headed by one Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón, who landed in what is now South Carolina, in 1526. Five years earlier de Ayllón had taken sixty Native Americans as slaves from there, this time he brought the Africans there.

Not sure why the religion of the "first slaver" is supposed to be an issue though.

Wrong again. The first African slaves brought to "America" --- meaning what is now the United States --- was a Spanish expedition headed by one Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón, who landed in what is now South Carolina, in 1526. Five years earlier de Ayllón had taken sixty Native Americans as slaves from there, this time he brought the Africans there.

Not sure why the religion of the "first slaver" is supposed to be an issue though.

In da bible (by that I mean what you guys call the
"old testament")----as far as I know, the VERY FIRST
REFERENCE to SLAVE TRADERS were called
*****ISHMAELITES*****
the jacob family boys dug Joseph out of the pit and
sold him to a bunch of ISHMAELITES. So, what is
ISHMAELITES------well--to make it short and sweet---
illiterate persons from way out there in arav---
who have no permanent homes and are dangerous
sorta like what we used to call HIGHWAY MEN.
They traveled around in caravans ---here and there.
They are described as such in many ancient hebrew
and aramaic writings

In da bible (by that I mean what you guys call the
"old testament")----as far as I know, the VERY FIRST
REFERENCE to SLAVE TRADERS were called
*****ISHMAELITES*****
the jacob family boys dug Joseph out of the pit and
sold him to a bunch of ISHMAELITES. So, what is
ISHMAELITES------well--to make it short and sweet---
illiterate persons from way out there in arav---
who have no permanent homes and are dangerous
sorta like what we used to call HIGHWAY MEN.
They traveled around in caravans ---here and there.
They are described as such in many ancient hebrew
and aramaic writings

The Old Testes Mints doesn't exactly cover 1526.

Lots of FIRST purchases and "operations" have been
found recorded by jews, because back in the days jews were among the only people who WROTE, and interestingly enough actually saved written accounts.
It is sad that archaeology is not a favored field in
Saudi arabia and some of the other parts of arabia.
Jews lived there for thousands of years and buried
in the sand are lots and lots of WRITTEN contracts.
A really good place to start would be MEDINA---
which was once loaded with jews----writing away

Forum List

Back