White Nationalism’s Deep American Roots

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
American Apartheid

A long-overdue excavation of the book that Hitler called his “bible,” and the man who wrote it

1920.jpg

Edel Rodriguez
Subscribe to The Atlantic’s Politics & Policy Daily, a roundup of ideas and events in American politics.

Robert Bowers wanted everyone to know why he did it.

I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered,” he posted on the social-media network Gab shortly before allegedly entering the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh on October 27 and gunning down 11 worshippers. He “wanted all Jews to die,” he declared while he was being treated for his wounds. Invoking the specter of white Americans facing “genocide,” he singled out HIAS, a Jewish American refugee-support group, and accused it of bringing “invaders in that kill our people.” Then–Attorney General Jeff Sessions, announcing that Bowers would face federal charges, was unequivocal in his condemnation: “These alleged crimes are incomprehensibly evil and utterly repugnant to the values of this nation.”

The pogrom in Pittsburgh, occurring just days before the 80th anniversary of Kristallnacht, seemed fundamentally un-American to many. Sessions’s denunciation spoke to the reality that most Jews have found a welcome home in the United States. His message also echoed what has become an insistent refrain in the Donald Trump era. Americans want to believe that the surge in white-supremacist violence and recruitment—the march in Charlottesville, Virginia, where neo-Nazis chanted “Jews will not replace us”; the hate crimes whose perpetrators invoke the president’s name as a battle cry—has no roots in U.S. soil, that it is racist zealotry with a foreign pedigree and marginal allure.

The president’s rhetoric about “shithole countries” invites dismissal as crude talk, but behind it lie ideas whose power should not be underestimated.

Warnings from conservative pundits on Fox News about the existential threat facing a country overrun by immigrants meet with a similar response. “Massive demographic changes,” Laura Ingraham has proclaimed, mean that “the America we know and love doesn’t exist anymore” in much of the country: Surely this kind of rhetoric reflects mere ignorance. Or it’s just a symptom of partisan anxiety about what those changes may portend for Republicans’ electoral prospects. As for the views and utterances of someone like Congressman Steve King (“We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies”), such sentiments are treated as outlandish extremism, best ignored as much as possible.

The concept of “white genocide”—extinction under an onslaught of genetically or culturally inferior nonwhite interlopers—may indeed seem like a fringe conspiracy theory with an alien lineage, the province of neo-Nazis and their fellow travelers. In popular memory, it’s a vestige of a racist ideology that the Greatest Generation did its best to scour from the Earth. History, though, tells a different story. King’s recent question, posed in a New York Times interview, may be appalling: “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization—how did that language become offensive?” But it is apt. “That language” has an American past in need of excavation. Without such an effort, we may fail to appreciate the tenacity of the dogma it expresses, and the difficulty of eradicating it. The president’s rhetoric about “shithole countries” and “invasion” by immigrants invites dismissal as crude talk, but behind it lie ideas whose power should not be underestimated.

The seed of Nazism’s ultimate objective—the preservation of a pure white race, uncontaminated by foreign blood—was in fact sown with striking success in the United States. What is judged extremist today was once the consensus of a powerful cadre of the American elite, well-connected men who eagerly seized on a false doctrine of “race suicide” during the immigration scare of the early 20th century. They included wealthy patricians, intellectuals, lawmakers, even several presidents. Perhaps the most important among them was a blue blood with a very impressive mustache, Madison Grant. He was the author of a 1916 book called The Passing of the Great Race, which spread the doctrine of race purity all over the globe.

Continued here:

What is so awful about white people having nations to call home?
There is nothing terrible about having or wanting nations to call home. Decimating the native populations and anyone else who isn't white by killing them is where the problem lies.

And there is the irony that the worse of your people (the racists) react very poorly at even the thought of having to endure the same treatment that they have subjected so many others to.

There is nothing terrible about having or wanting nations to call home. Decimating the native populations and anyone else who isn't white by killing them is where the problem lies.

And there is the irony that the worse of your people (the racists) react very poorly at even the thought of having to endure the same treatment that they have subjected so many others to.

No I don't reckon I'd like it too much if someone tried to infect me and my family with smallpox.

And there is the irony that the worse of your people (the racists) react very poorly at even the thought of having to endure the same treatment that they have subjected so many others to
Are you even remotely aware of the sins of the tribes "your people" committed (and commit) on your continent?

Physician, heal thyself!

Yesterday is yesterday, and today is today. I've done nothing ti you and nothing to feel guilty about regarding blacks living here. You have every opportunity here. Consider yourself blessed to live here. Otherwise, fuck off!

Last edited:
And there is the irony that the worse of your people (the racists) react very poorly at even the thought of having to endure the same treatment that they have subjected so many others to
Are you even remotely aware of the sins of the tribes "your people" committed (and commit) on your continent?

Physician, heal thyself!

Yesterday is yesterday, and today is today. I've done nothing ti you and nothing to feel guilty about regarding blacks living here. You have every opportunity here. Consider yourself blessed to live here. Otherwise, fuck off!
Still pissed huh? Good :)

No I don't reckon I'd like it too much if someone tried to infect me and my family with smallpox.
Do you believe the native Americans were intentionally infected? Or just negligently?

Do you believe the native Americans were intentionally infected? Or just negligently?

Both? But I don't see why my people should sit idly by and allow ourselves to be subjected to harm because of shit that happened 200 years ago.

Physician, heal thyself!

I resent your endless whining because you people are utter failures and totally dependent wherever you live.

News flash: This isn't the 60s anymore. The Civil Rights Act was passed in 64 (thanks to Republicans) and you got equality (which is what you wanted). Now you want some "payback" too? You need look no further than your own party. Dems created the KKK and gave us Jim Crow laws, made every effort to keep the Negro ignorant and uneducated. That's who you should be looking at for "payback".

News flash: This isn't the 60s anymore. The Civil Rights Act was passed in 64 (thanks to Republicans) and you got equality (which is what you wanted). Now you want some "payback" too? You need look no further than your own party. Dems created the KKK and gave us Jim Crow laws, made every effort to keep the Negro ignorant and uneducated. That's who you should be looking at for "payback".

Democrats are also responsible for creating segregated housing projects back in the 30s that set the foundations for our modern day black ghettos.

American Apartheid

A long-overdue excavation of the book that Hitler called his “bible,” and the man who wrote it

1920.jpg

Edel Rodriguez
Subscribe to The Atlantic’s Politics & Policy Daily, a roundup of ideas and events in American politics.

Robert Bowers wanted everyone to know why he did it.

I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered,” he posted on the social-media network Gab shortly before allegedly entering the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh on October 27 and gunning down 11 worshippers. He “wanted all Jews to die,” he declared while he was being treated for his wounds. Invoking the specter of white Americans facing “genocide,” he singled out HIAS, a Jewish American refugee-support group, and accused it of bringing “invaders in that kill our people.” Then–Attorney General Jeff Sessions, announcing that Bowers would face federal charges, was unequivocal in his condemnation: “These alleged crimes are incomprehensibly evil and utterly repugnant to the values of this nation.”

The pogrom in Pittsburgh, occurring just days before the 80th anniversary of Kristallnacht, seemed fundamentally un-American to many. Sessions’s denunciation spoke to the reality that most Jews have found a welcome home in the United States. His message also echoed what has become an insistent refrain in the Donald Trump era. Americans want to believe that the surge in white-supremacist violence and recruitment—the march in Charlottesville, Virginia, where neo-Nazis chanted “Jews will not replace us”; the hate crimes whose perpetrators invoke the president’s name as a battle cry—has no roots in U.S. soil, that it is racist zealotry with a foreign pedigree and marginal allure.

The president’s rhetoric about “shithole countries” invites dismissal as crude talk, but behind it lie ideas whose power should not be underestimated.

Warnings from conservative pundits on Fox News about the existential threat facing a country overrun by immigrants meet with a similar response. “Massive demographic changes,” Laura Ingraham has proclaimed, mean that “the America we know and love doesn’t exist anymore” in much of the country: Surely this kind of rhetoric reflects mere ignorance. Or it’s just a symptom of partisan anxiety about what those changes may portend for Republicans’ electoral prospects. As for the views and utterances of someone like Congressman Steve King (“We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies”), such sentiments are treated as outlandish extremism, best ignored as much as possible.

The concept of “white genocide”—extinction under an onslaught of genetically or culturally inferior nonwhite interlopers—may indeed seem like a fringe conspiracy theory with an alien lineage, the province of neo-Nazis and their fellow travelers. In popular memory, it’s a vestige of a racist ideology that the Greatest Generation did its best to scour from the Earth. History, though, tells a different story. King’s recent question, posed in a New York Times interview, may be appalling: “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization—how did that language become offensive?” But it is apt. “That language” has an American past in need of excavation. Without such an effort, we may fail to appreciate the tenacity of the dogma it expresses, and the difficulty of eradicating it. The president’s rhetoric about “shithole countries” and “invasion” by immigrants invites dismissal as crude talk, but behind it lie ideas whose power should not be underestimated.

The seed of Nazism’s ultimate objective—the preservation of a pure white race, uncontaminated by foreign blood—was in fact sown with striking success in the United States. What is judged extremist today was once the consensus of a powerful cadre of the American elite, well-connected men who eagerly seized on a false doctrine of “race suicide” during the immigration scare of the early 20th century. They included wealthy patricians, intellectuals, lawmakers, even several presidents. Perhaps the most important among them was a blue blood with a very impressive mustache, Madison Grant. He was the author of a 1916 book called The Passing of the Great Race, which spread the doctrine of race purity all over the globe.

Continued here:

We’re also the only country and culture that goes out of its way to help right the wrongs perpetrated during our history. We gave Natives their own lands, we fought a civil war and created a new nation in Africa for the freed slaves to return to. Most other nations would had given them nothing or just killed them all off.

Neither case since modern medicine did not understand infections and bacteria and viruses until nearly 1900.

Ever catch a cold from a friend or relative? Did they infect you negligently?

roflmao, liberals are retarded.

Physician, heal thyself!

I resent your endless whining because you people are utter failures and totally dependent wherever you live.
No, what you resent are black people who don't fit into the racist stereotypes of what you insist in believing despite all evidence to the contrary.

You all react the same way Pavlov's dogs did when they heard the bell rung, but instead of salivating out of hunger you all do so out of that innate feral viciousness that causes you to lash out any time yiou feel threatened.

No one said anything about you personally, yet you feel threatened by the indictments of memebers of your race who happen to be rabid racists. Now why would that be? It could only be for one of a few reasons, that you are actually a racist yourself or that you don't like others attributing negative & criminal characteristics to you simply due to your race. Does that vaguely sound familiar? It should, because that's what you and the others here do every damn day, including denigrating me personally and attributing characteristics to me that are not true simply because I happen to be African American.

Yet none of this personal shit has any bearing on the topic of this thread which is indisputably that White Nationalism has deep American roots. And that the events of the past have contributed to the crimes committed in the here & now. Denying this only makes you all look delusional. Or just evil.

Physician, heal thyself!

He is pissed at your constant race baiting and trying to make white people of today feel guilty for something done centuries ago by other white people that they might not even be related to.

So count me in as pissed off too for your stupid ass blather smearing me and my children as genocidal murderers.

FUCK YOU!

Physician, heal thyself!

No, what you resent are black people who don't fit into the racist stereotypes of what you insist in believing despite all evidence to the contrary.

You all react the same way Pavlov's dogs did when they heard the bell rung, but instead of salivating out of hunger you all do so out of that innate feral viciousness that causes you to lash out any time yiou feel threatened.

No one said anything about you personally, yet you feel threatened by the indictments of memebers of your race who happen to be rabid racists. Now why would that be? It could only be for one of a few reasons, that you are actually a racist yourself or that you don't like others attributing negative & criminal characteristics to you simply due to your race. Does that vaguely sound familiar? It should, because that's what you and the others here do every damn day, including denigrating me personally and attributing characteristics to me that are not true simply because I happen to be African American.

Yet none of this personal shit has any bearing on the topic of this thread which is indisputably that White Nationalism has deep American roots. And that the events of the past have contributed to the crimes committed in the here & now. Denying this only makes you all look delusional. Or just evil.
No dipshit, it is because you are selling the idea of racial guilt and that dog dont hunt.

again, FUCK YOU!

Both? But I don't see why my people should sit idly by and allow ourselves to be subjected to harm because of shit that happened 200 years ago.
What harm are you or your family being subjected to? Dylann Roof claimed the same thing as well as several of the others however the white extremists who are committing these mass killings claim they are doing so to protect the white race. How are these preemptive strikes protecting anyone, all they're doing is putting certain people under more scrutiny and by more people.

Last edited:

Physician, heal thyself!

He is pissed at your constant race baiting and trying to make white people of today feel guilty for something done centuries ago by other white people that they might not even be related to.

So count me in as pissed off too for your stupid ass blather smearing me and my children as genocidal murderers.

FUCK YOU!
Fuck yourself and it sucks to be you because none of what you thought was happening actually was. Tomorrow is a whole different story though.

For two individual who claim to not have done anything you two sure are doing a lot of twitching when no one has accused
you of anything.

And I wouldn't be calling anyone else retarded if you can't tell the difference between "white people" and "white racists".

Forum List

Back