re-electing Trump means more damage to environmental policies

eh, opportunity zones seem to be another bag of hot air : What You Need to Know About Opportunity Zones

and that first step act seems like really small improvements (First Step Act - Wikipedia) that end up meaning very little in a system that still racially profiles *and* keeps poverty at (sorta) current levels.

and if people are forced into tents on the streets, Trump wants to :
Trump’s Plan to Solve Homelessness Is Horrifying
reporting in The Washington Post had suggested that the White House was proposing to demolish tent cities in San Francisco and Los Angeles, increase the “role of police” in monitoring homelessness, and potentially incarcerate the homeless in government-run facilities.
instead of making ordinary housing and jobs available for these people!

so cut your ramblings about how Trump supports the middle class and the blacks,
they're all empty promises and the tiniest of economic improvements that are then blown up by being called substantial,
by people like you.
If you are concerned about housing take it up with your state legislators, county supervisor or council members and city council members and mayors because they are the ones who determine what can and will be built in whatever area you live in. Unless of course you live in a place where you can actually build whatever the hell you want, however you want to build it. It isn't up to the federal government to make sure houses get built. If you can't build yourself a shack these days for little to nothing you are probably in a bad area to live so move to where life is a bit more friendly and go down and get yourself some crates, pallets and such and start building yourself some shelter. You can probably find just about everything you need for little to nothing. All you need is a few tools. Hell if you live in an area where it doesn't rain all the time you can build a shelter with sand bags, a few stakes and some tim for a roof.

i'd prefer to see the right kinda policies flow down right from the top dude.

not first make people homeless, then not support them, then imprison them while calling it "shelter".
I prefer to have people clean up their own damn backyards and quit telling everyone else that they must accept more government for more taxes can be collected for more asshats can collect taxpayer moneys and leave more poor people on the streets.

i agree the middle class is taxed enough already, but what about making businesses suffer a little in the now to secure everyone's future against known and verified threats like climate change, or taxing the richest just a little more for part of that wealth that they spend on luxury trips and "items"?
how do you feel about that?
How about congress just gets back to the basics and if they are going to put money into programs set some pretty strict limits on it. It used to be that people would fix up starter houses and then sell those starter houses to another couple as they moved into a bigger place. People held the mortgages so the others could afford to get themselves a home. My grandmother in fact never got fully paid on a house she owned because the family had an illness and then grand didn't want to make their life any harder because they had ten children and needed all the lil bits of grace life would afford them. Instead of putting it all off on government teach people to be more caring and responsible.

Businesses are needed for people who are not capable of working for themselves can have jobs.

Sorry I'm not into "punishing" people for being blessed enough to make enough to have a few luxuries. I can see not giving millionaires and billionaires taxpayer welfare payments and/or laws and regulations that force people to buy their products.

and i think we have seen quite enough of that already.

plus, Trump is the kinda guy to repeat blatant provable lies right to everyone's face. i believe that alone makes him unfit for office, and if you add his tendency to play nice with world dictators while they implement WMD programs semi-silently, or his stone walling on gun control, or the complete cutting of US climate policies, or the passing of massive tax cuts to the richest that really didn't end up in ordinary people's paychecks (quite predictably) while Trump will claim that it did,

then i gotta say you have a President here who is truly best dismissed at re-election time.
lol So what you are saying is that you are opposed to Trump because he does not support Democratic policies. That suggests that your vote, if you are old enough to vote, would go to any Democrat and never to any Republican.

show me a Republican worth voting for, and i would!

eh, opportunity zones seem to be another bag of hot air : What You Need to Know About Opportunity Zones

and that first step act seems like really small improvements (First Step Act - Wikipedia) that end up meaning very little in a system that still racially profiles *and* keeps poverty at (sorta) current levels.

and if people are forced into tents on the streets, Trump wants to :
Trump’s Plan to Solve Homelessness Is Horrifying
instead of making ordinary housing and jobs available for these people!

so cut your ramblings about how Trump supports the middle class and the blacks,
they're all empty promises and the tiniest of economic improvements that are then blown up by being called substantial,
by people like you.
If you are concerned about housing take it up with your state legislators, county supervisor or council members and city council members and mayors because they are the ones who determine what can and will be built in whatever area you live in. Unless of course you live in a place where you can actually build whatever the hell you want, however you want to build it. It isn't up to the federal government to make sure houses get built. If you can't build yourself a shack these days for little to nothing you are probably in a bad area to live so move to where life is a bit more friendly and go down and get yourself some crates, pallets and such and start building yourself some shelter. You can probably find just about everything you need for little to nothing. All you need is a few tools. Hell if you live in an area where it doesn't rain all the time you can build a shelter with sand bags, a few stakes and some tim for a roof.

not first make people homeless, then not support them, then imprison them while calling it "shelter".
I prefer to have people clean up their own damn backyards and quit telling everyone else that they must accept more government for more taxes can be collected for more asshats can collect taxpayer moneys and leave more poor people on the streets.

i agree the middle class is taxed enough already, but what about making businesses suffer a little in the now to secure everyone's future against known and verified threats like climate change, or taxing the richest just a little more for part of that wealth that they spend on luxury trips and "items"?
How about congress just gets back to the basics and if they are going to put money into programs set some pretty strict limits on it. It used to be that people would fix up starter houses and then sell those starter houses to another couple as they moved into a bigger place. People held the mortgages so the others could afford to get themselves a home. My grandmother in fact never got fully paid on a house she owned because the family had an illness and then grand didn't want to make their life any harder because they had ten children and needed all the lil bits of grace life would afford them. Instead of putting it all off on government teach people to be more caring and responsible.

Businesses are needed for people who are not capable of working for themselves can have jobs.

Sorry I'm not into "punishing" people for being blessed enough to make enough to have a few luxuries. I can see not giving millionaires and billionaires taxpayer welfare payments and/or laws and regulations that force people to buy their products.

yeah, "teach people to be more caring", sure.

government is supposed to protect us against the greed and crimes (white collar crime hurts *too*) of other citizens, regardless if they're rich, business leaders, etc.

RodISHI well it really seems to me like there is too much corruption at the top these days too.

*DUMP TRUMP* :D
I can't say the same at the moment. Why not look more at those Congress members that made themselves rich by passing bad legislation and work on getting rid of them?

yeah, "teach people to be more caring", sure.

government is supposed to protect us against the greed and crimes (white collar crime hurts *too*) of other citizens, regardless if they're rich, business leaders, etc.
No doubt. We are/were victims of the fraudster banksters and neither the Dems or the Repubs did jack about it. Instead Congress bailed those banksters out. President Trump didn't have any part of that so you are barking up the wrong tree on that end.

RodISHI well it really seems to me like there is too much corruption at the top these days too.

I can't say the same at the moment. Why not look more at those Congress members that made themselves rich by passing bad legislation and work on getting rid of them?
Trump is a very bad example to those Congress members, i'd say.

Really. Give a specific example? I kinda like the idea he puts his paycheck into various charities. Know any rich congress critters doing the same?

No doubt. We are/were victims of the fraudster banksters and neither the Dems or the Repubs did jack about it. Instead Congress bailed those banksters out. President Trump didn't have any part of that so you are barking up the wrong tree on that end.

Trump supports the ultra-rich including himself in different and corrupt ways, while *pretending* to support the middle classes, in ways i've tried to highlight in this thread already.

Really. Give a specific example? I kinda like the idea he puts his paycheck into various charities. Know any rich congress critters doing the same?

are you really falling for that? giving away a paycheck worth 400K while making millions in backroom deals and those false promises to the middle class?

are you really falling for that? giving away a paycheck worth 400K while making millions in backroom deals and those false promises to the middle class?
A lot of middle class people are pretty happy with what he has been doing so far. And if you can prove back deals by all means provide the proof.

A lot of middle class people are pretty happy with what he has been doing so far. And if you can prove back deals by all means provide the proof.

the evidence is all over the regular news.

there's just no hard clad proof *yet*.

maybe the impeachment hearings will change that. i hope so.

plus, Trump is the kinda guy to repeat blatant provable lies right to everyone's face. i believe that alone makes him unfit for office, and if you add his tendency to play nice with world dictators while they implement WMD programs semi-silently, or his stone walling on gun control, or the complete cutting of US climate policies, or the passing of massive tax cuts to the richest that really didn't end up in ordinary people's paychecks (quite predictably) while Trump will claim that it did,

then i gotta say you have a President here who is truly best dismissed at re-election time.

Yes, if Trump is re-elected we will lose AOC's ''WAR ON COW FARTS' before it ever begins....

:(

the evidence is all over the regular news.

there's just no hard clad proof *yet*.

maybe the impeachment hearings will change that. i hope so.
Nah. I haven't seen anything but bullshit hype thus far. Like the Ireland crap that was an agreement made in the Obama admin being "Trump" is crooking the nation. It will have to be verified, bonifide proof not some MSM made up bullshit.

Yes, if Trump is re-elected we will lose AOC's ''WAR ON COW FARTS' before it ever begins....

you have NO idea how important that war on cow farts really is, do you?

did you know methane traps 20 times more heat than CO2?

we can all make do with higher prices for meat dude.
it's good for the animals, and good for us too.
especially good for our children and grand children who are going to have to invest heavily in tech that takes things like CO2 and methane out of the air (and it's development), if we don't make war on cow farts *now*. :p

especially good for our children and grand children who are going to have to invest in tech that takes things like CO2 and methane out of the air, if we don't make war on cow farts *now*. :p
Oh my. What in the world was going on when there were millions of Buffalo on the Prairies? That cow fart bs is ridiculous. Not to say farmers shouldn't treat the waste in a proper manner but there are no more cows now than the US had in Buffalo, Elk and Deer before they were slaughtered.

lol So what you are saying is that you are opposed to Trump because he does not support Democratic policies. That suggests that your vote, if you are old enough to vote, would go to any Democrat and never to any Republican.

You mean show you a Republican who supports Democratic policies.

especially good for our children and grand children who are going to have to invest in tech that takes things like CO2 and methane out of the air, if we don't make war on cow farts *now*. :p
Oh my. What in the world was going on when there were millions of Buffalo on the Prairies? That cow fart bs is ridiculous. Not to say farmers shouldn't teart the waste in a proper manner but there are no more cows now than the US had in Buffalo, Elk and Deer before they were slaughtered.

back in the days of the buffalo we weren't driving millions upon millions of cars, or had an electricity consumption like we do these days..

and like we nearly exterminated the buffalo, we're now doing the same to our forests (world-wide, with Trump's silent support!), which are pretty much the ONLY thing taking CO2 out of the air at the moment.

so yeah, it's a problem.
one i won't let you dismiss as science-bullshit, lies, or any other label you might want to try as insult to end this discussion.

You mean show you a Republican who supports Democratic policies.

no, just someone with honesty, integrity, and good policy proposals according to those lines.

not a total corrupt liar like Trump.

If only we honored the Paris agreement
If only

Trump is killing the world !!!!

Oh my. What in the world was going on when there were millions of Buffalo on the Prairies? That cow fart bs is ridiculous. Not to say farmers shouldn't teart the waste in a proper manner but there are no more cows now than the US had in Buffalo, Elk and Deer before they were slaughtered.

back in the days of the buffalo we weren't driving millions upon millions of cars, or had an electricity consumption like we do these days..

and like we nearly exterminated the buffalo, we're now doing the same to our forests (world-wide, with Trump's silent support!), which are pretty much the ONLY thing taking CO2 out of the air at the moment.

so yeah, it's a problem.
one i won't let you dismiss as science-bullshit, lies, or any other label you might want to try as insult to end this discussion.
GLOBAL AIR POLLUTION AND FOREST HEALTH NOTES

Forum List

Back