Raw milk anybody?

No, put it in a container or jar with a tight fitting lid. Do not over fill it, you need room for expansion. Shake it or atleast keep it moving, it can take 30 minutes, or more.

When you can no longer see in the container or feel any movement inside, then you have whipped cream.....but if you want butter, and buttermilk, keep shaking it. You'll soon see it start to 'slide'. Keep shaking until you have a solid lump with milky liquid. Pour off the liquid, that is the buttermilk and can be used for making biscuits, pancakes or whatever. Shake it some more to get as much of the liquid out of the lump as possible. If left in, the liquid can sour and give the butter an off taste.

Then you need to 'wash' it.........pour in some cold water and shake and pour that off. Keep doing that until the water is clear. About 2 or 3 times, maybe 4. Now you can add some salt and press or mix it in.......or leave it unsalted.
Sounds good, and I'll bet it tastes fantastic. I'm a bit spoiled though, so I just buy the end products when I can. I'd definitely pay good money for the fresh stuff you are describing.

Sounds good, and I'll bet it tastes fantastic. I'm a bit spoiled though, so I just buy the end products when I can. I'd definitely pay good money for the fresh stuff you are describing.

Just know that is with cream, not milk. Even though raw milk is sold here in WA, it's only at health food stores. The last time I bought a gallon of Jersey milk, with lots of top cream it cost about $15 and that was a few years ago. Now it's probably closer to $25 for a gallon. It was all drank, because I can't figure out how to separate the cream........yes it floats to the top, but trying to scoop or ladle it off, I'd still get about half milk. Though I may not have really known what I was doing at the time. I can buy the milk, but I can't find just cream that is sold separately.

I used to be able to get some stuff from the regular grocery store that would work just as well and was even pasturized......but now everything is 'ultra-pasturized' and it doesn't work for making butter.

i love raw milk...grew up on it...on grandmothers farms in summer...got it illegally in nc for years...ahhh the crime of raw milk...and then the diabetes ..my doctor wrongly or not ..credits the raw milk for it...i dont...i think it was just another factor of rich foods that tripped the trigger...i just dont drink milk in any form now

My body doesn't tolerate cow's milk, raw or not.

I only drink almond milk or coconut milk or rice milk. Sometimes oat milk too.
You don't get milk directly from almonds, coconuts, rice, or oats. None of those things have tits. You are being tricked. Science!

105-A8646-AFC1-4907-B363-C0732-F74-CE60.jpg

I told my neighbors not to drink that fresh pressed cider unless they heat it to 165 degrees first

They did not listen. Half of them were shitting apple sauce for a week

Milk is heated to 165 degrees for a second and then rapidly cooled down. That simple

Their is no radiation or space lasers to do it

Much healthier than regular milk.
Tastier too. I wuz amazed, had three glasses. 😋

I have also heard that until you eat a tree-ripened banana you don't know how good bananas really taste. We might be missing out on the great taste of a lot of foods. Back in the '50's peaches were so sweet and juicy you needed to put on a bib to eat one.

raw milk isnt safe after a few days it starts developing harmful bacteria even when kept cold. Unless you have access to fresh raw milk on a weekly basis, just get normal milk. Never trust store brought raw milk.

Forum List

Back