Raw milk anybody?

Milk from cows makes people fat and lazy. Milk causes problems in children's tonsils and adenoids.
Cows milk is for baby cows.
Sounds like you don't like regular milk OR raw milk.

Raw milk is awesome, but is heavily regulated at best, and illegal at worst. All depends on your state and/or locale if you can even get it. Then of course is the price.

Best option, but few can have it, is to raise your own cows

Raw milk is milk that comes from grass-fed cows, is unpasteurized and unhomogenized. Raw milk costs a bit more, but it is healthier. Anybody else drink raw milk?
Raw milk or unpasteurized milk is illegal to sell or purchase in the USA.

Where it is the only milk used in Europe for cheese production...the true European cheeses are also illegal in the USA.

However...
If you own a milk cow (Holstein) you can do as you like...it is your cow.

So people buy a portion of a cow and pay to feed it and get the raw milk as a dividend for owning a cow.

Raw milk is awesome, but is heavily regulated at best, and illegal at worst. All depends on your state and/or locale if you can even get it. Then of course is the price.

Best option, but few can have it, is to raise your own cows
Raising your own cows is the holy grail, since you k own what they have been eating. Raw milk from grass fed cows may have a lot of health benefits, but I don't know what was sprayed on the grass. Raising your own cows would clear this up.

A mother's breast milk is also usually given to infants in a raw, unpasteurized state...

No regulations whatsoever...

I like chocolate milk. I'm not a fan of drinking just plain milk (store bought, pasteurized). I never had raw milk.

Raw milk or unpasteurized milk is illegal to sell or purchase in the USA.

Where it is the only milk used in Europe for cheese production...the true European cheeses are also illegal in the USA.

However...
If you own a milk cow (Holstein) you can do as you like...it is your cow.

So people buy a portion of a cow and pay to feed it and get the raw milk as a dividend for owning a cow.

Not exactly. The legality of selling/buying raw milk depends on state or county laws. Some states it is illegal, others it is legal, but is highly regulated..

Holstein isn't the only breed of cow to get milk from, but they do give the most amount of milk per day. Their milk has very little cream. Whereas a Jersey cow is on the other end of the spectrum and can still give several gallons per day, that is more cream than milk. Other standard milk cow breeds fall somewhere in the middle as to production amounts..............then comes the smaller or mini type breeds like Dexters that are only about half the size of a Jersey that is one of the smaller sized standard breds. A Dexter can still put out about a gallon or more per day, though I'm not sure of the milk/cream amounts.

Raising your own cows is the holy grail, since you k own what they have been eating. Raw milk from grass fed cows may have a lot of health benefits, but I don't know what was sprayed on the grass. Raising your own cows would clear this up.

You'd need atleast an acre of some good pasture to raise it on

I am not that lucky

Forum List

Back