Rasmussen Poll: Voters Divided over Roe v Wade Repeal

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters would approve of a Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, including 32% who would Strongly Approve. Forty-five percent (45%) would disapprove of overturning Roe v. Wade, including 35% who would Strongly Disapprove.

... In an official statement, President Joe Biden declared that “a woman’s right to choose is fundamental, Roe has been the law of the land for almost fifty years, and basic fairness and the stability of our law demand that it not be overturned.” Sixty percent (60%) of voters agree with Biden’s statement, including 45% who Strongly Agree. Thirty-five percent (35%) disagree, including 22% who Strongly Disagree with Biden’s “demand” that Roe v. Wade not be overturned.

[??? Does that not conflict with the 1st paragraph? I musta missed something.]

In his draft opinion, Justice Alito declared that the Roe v. Wade decision “was egregiously wrong from the start. Its reasoning was exceptionally weak, and the decision has had damaging consequences.” Forty-seven percent (47%) of voters agree with Justice Alito’s statement, including 31% who Strongly Agree. Forty-six percent (46%) disagree with Alito, including 33% who Strongly Disagree that Roe “was egregiously wrong.”
Fifty-two percent (52%) of men and 45% of women would approve of a Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

Voters under 40 are more likely than their elders to approve of a decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

More whites (54%) than Black voters (49%) or other minorities (41%) consider themselves generally pro-choice on the abortion issue. Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Black voters and other minorities, but only 43% of whites, would approve of a Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade.

I agree with Alito's statements about the 1973 decision, it was IMHO judicial legislating from the bench. Which ain't supposed to happen, that is the job of the Congress. My best guess at this point is that the SCOTUS will overturn RvW, despite CJ Roberts' presumed objection. I do believe that issue belongs at the state level.

70% are in favour of a woman's right to abortion. All the crooked polls they can put up isn't going to change that.

But extreme right politics can succeed in throwing out this hugely important right and freedom.

I'm happy to be a voice of reality from outside the corruption. It must be heard now as a warning of how fascism is taking control of American minds.

70% are in favour of a woman's right to abortion. All the crooked polls they can put up isn't going to change that.

But extreme right politics can succeed in throwing out this hugely important right and freedom.

I'm happy to be a voice of reality from outside the corruption. It must be heard now as a warning of how fascism is taking control of American minds.
Don't flatter yourself.

Aren't you the same person who just alluded to pro-choice types being "armed"? I don't see any of these Republican, pro-life "fascists" talking about violence to get their way over the issue. Odd, innit? The truth that seems to escape you is that it is the Left in this country that is pushing violence and chaos to advance their plans. Though I'd have to admit that the day is coming when that may well change. Peaceful people can only be pushed so far before they rise up in answer.

Link? Your earlier post does not reflect that number or reference a woman's right to an abortion. Certainly there is no number that I am aware of that indicates whether the right to an abortion is in fact in the US Constitution, and in fact more people would approve of overturning RvW than disapprove, as stated in my OP according to the recenr Rsmussen Poll. If you have different numbers post them.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters would approve of a Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade

lmao calling landlines in 2022. Well, we know who is answering these phone calls: old fogeys with landlines.

The decision to overturn Roe v Wade is not necessarily the same thing as declaring that a woman does not have a right to abortion. The Supreme Court is merely saying that the right to an abortion is not in the US Constitution, and that is about it. The US Congress could pass legislation that denies any state from banning abortion, thus affirming the right exists, but the Court cannot and should not be creating civil rights. They do not have the authority to do that.

The decision to overturn Roe v Wade is not necessarily the same thing as declaring that a woman does not have a right to abortion. The Supreme Court is merely saying that the right to an abortion is not in the US Constitution, and that is about it. The US Congress could pass legislation that denies any state from banning abortion, thus affirming the right exists, but the Court cannot and should not be creating civil rights. They do not have the authority to do that.

Before the ruling.
  • Supreme Court views abortion as a "privacy right" and a "liberty claim"
  • Abortion is protected by the Fourteenth Amendment, informed by the First, Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Ninth Amendments
We hate to disappoint you, but we won't be talking much here about the right to life or the right to choose. We won't be talking about murdering the unborn or a woman's inviolable right to control her body. As much as this sort of language and these sorts of claims fill the abortion debate, they are not really central to the way the Supreme Court has addressed the issue of abortion. For the Court, abortion is a "privacy right" and a "liberty claim." It is protected by the Fourteenth Amendment, which is informed, in this case, by the First, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Ninth Amendments. You may find this evasive—some have argued that this approach only obscures more fundamental moral or philosophical questions—but this is the way the Court has ruled. If you want to understand the state of abortion law in America, this is the way you have to think.

The Court recognized that it was heading into new territory here; it had "never attempted to define, with exactness, the liberty guaranteed by the Fourteenth Amendment." But "without doubt," the Court continued, "it denotes not merely freedom from bodily restraint but also the right of the individual to contract, to engage in any of the common occupations of life, to acquire useful knowledge, to marry, establish a home and bring up children, to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience, and generally to enjoy those privileges long recognized at common law as essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men."

70%, 80%, blah blah blah.

Actually when you break it down the support goes below 50% for 2nd trimester abortions and below 20% for third trimester abortions.

But keep lying with those generalized statements, it makes you seem so strong in your position.....

The funniest thing is, the Leftist worship of abortion is born of lies. Roe herself admitted later she perjured herself on the stand, at the instruction of her lawyers.

70% are also in favor of restrictions after three months. Why the intellectual dishonesty?
No, you're purposely lying. Less than 70% believe in restrictions after three months. Can you tell us the true number who want unlimited right to abortions?

70%, 80%, blah blah blah.

Actually when you break it down the support goes below 50% for 2nd trimester abortions and below 20% for third trimester abortions.

But keep lying with those generalized statements, it makes you seem so strong in your position.....
What's more funny is that most Canadians are opposed to a woman needing to have an abortion, but in favour of freedoms and rights.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters would approve of a Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade

lmao calling landlines in 2022. Well, we know who is answering these phone calls: old fogeys with landlines.
Where does it say they only called landlines?

Forum List

Back