Rand Paul saddened to see government flagrantly helping people!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
:heehee:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Just minutes after the House of Representatives passed President Biden’s coronavirus-relief bill, an emotional Rand Paul said that he was “deeply saddened to see the government helping people.”​
Despite his best efforts “to keep this dark day from happening,” Paul said that soon the government would be interfering in people’s lives by sending them money to pay their bills.​
“In a matter of days, people will be eating food—just as, history tells us, people did under Communism,” he warned.​
In closing, Paul castigated his Senate colleagues who voted for the bill, accusing them of “ushering in a dangerous new era of Washington politicians intrusively abetting people’s efforts to survive.”​
“You have broken your most solemn oath, which is, ‘First, do no good,’ ” he said.​

fa1e7322185c85f3c165168abb45bd87.jpg

"It's almost as if these elected officials want to actually DO something, and not just go swimming with COVID in the pool, or fight their neighbor and lose"

-Rand

"It's almost as if these elected officials want to actually DO something, and not just go swimming with COVID in the pool, or fight their neighbor and lose"

-Rand

Heheh - What a dick move THAT was swimming in the Capitol pool after a positive diagnosis.
Glad he got his ass beat - I'd give that neighbor a freedom medal if I were Biden! :D

All joking aside, 90% of the garbage in this bill is unconstitutional. At least 90%.

With all of the phony fretting about "election integrity," are any Leftists the least bit concerned about Congress-people attempting to buy votes in 2022 with borrowed money? Isn't this form of crass corruption...money for votes?

All joking aside, 90% of the garbage in this bill is unconstitutional. At least 90%.

With all of the phony fretting about "election integrity," are any Leftists the least bit concerned about Congress-people attempting to buy votes in 2022 with borrowed money? Isn't this form of crass corruption...money for votes?
Which side did it work for in the last election after two stimulus packages?

Unconstitutional? Dude, that's just silly. :heehee:
Not to worry, your kids are already taking credit for all the good this bill does for the middle class and the poor.
But they're going to pay in 2022. 76% of Americans and 59% of REPUBLICANS approved -
Making it the most popular legislation in modern times.

I predict that in the leftime of most of us excessive borrowing and spending will bankrupt America

interest on the debt is very low

but when that changes the federal government will not have enough money to meet its basic obligations

and then Americans really will go hungry

:heehee:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Just minutes after the House of Representatives passed President Biden’s coronavirus-relief bill, an emotional Rand Paul said that he was “deeply saddened to see the government helping people.”​
Despite his best efforts “to keep this dark day from happening,” Paul said that soon the government would be interfering in people’s lives by sending them money to pay their bills.​
“In a matter of days, people will be eating food—just as, history tells us, people did under Communism,” he warned.​
In closing, Paul castigated his Senate colleagues who voted for the bill, accusing them of “ushering in a dangerous new era of Washington politicians intrusively abetting people’s efforts to survive.”​
“You have broken your most solemn oath, which is, ‘First, do no good,’ ” he said.​

I get the joke, but what Borowitz, and most liberals (and, to be fair, most conservatives) don't get is that government isn't there to "help" people.

I get the joke, but what Borowitz, and most liberals (and, to be fair, most conservatives) don't get is that government isn't there to "help" people.

Well at least you recognize satire. So what exactly is the purpose of government - To HURT people?

READ THE FUCKING CONSTITUTION! You don't have to get very far. Read the fucking PREAMBLE!

Helping people to recover from their distress is NOT A LEGITIMATE FUNCTION OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. In fact, it is PROHIBITED BY THE TENTH AMENDMENT!

Jesus Christ, didn't any public schools teach civics? I went to a Church school and learned that much.

Forum List

Back