Seeds, salaries and sweaters: Rand Paul outraged at 'unconstitutional' US subsidizing of Ukraine economy

We built schools and roads while we were helping defend Afghanistan against the Soviet invasion.

We're just that kind of good people.
The odds are very much against America compromising an active war effort by shutting down government over the financing of one of its wars.

That goes for even this war that is being denied on being America's war against Russia!

I suspect that your disdain for those you think are dumber than you is actually a manifestation of self-loathing. Prove me wrong, if you think you can. Oh now, wait. You are too dumb and emotional to prove me wrong. Sorry about that.

No, I actually am just smarter.

Joe Biden is threatening that a government "shutdown" will result in our military not getting paid, however, it's come to light in recent days that in addition to funding Ukraine's defense, we are subsidizing their first responders and even their businesses, helping to prop up their economy. All this while we have millions here in our own country struggling.

The political elite truly do not care about the American people. It's mind bending to me how many of you actually believe them when they say they do despite what your own eyes see out on the streets.

I don't get it. That's your side, Holmes

Joe Biden is threatening that a government "shutdown" will result in our military not getting paid, however, it's come to light in recent days that in addition to funding Ukraine's defense, we are subsidizing their first responders and even their businesses, helping to prop up their economy. All this while we have millions here in our own country struggling.

The political elite truly do not care about the American people. It's mind bending to me how many of you actually believe them when they say they do despite what your own eyes see out on the streets.

Let me show you where you fucked up, TaZ. You are assuming that gov spending is a zero sum game. It is not. When the gov wants to spend more money, they will engage in deficit spending. It is a very bad practice and it will devalue the dollar, causing inflation, but they do not seem to mind. But if there was a will to spend money on problems that you, Tazzy, feel are important, then the money would be found and spent. Sending money to Ukraine will not prevent it.

Second, if we suddenly say "Fuck Ukraine! Let's divert the money to feed the sick and homeless so we will feel good about ourselves for a couple of minutes", what will that get us? Nothing, but a couple minutes of people like you feeling good about ourselves. The money will be pissed away just as quickly as it is spent with no change to situation to be addressed. Do you know why? Because in many of these cases it is not money needed to fix a societal problem. Money may help, but it is not the answer. The answer to most social problems is to alter social behaviors.

Finally, you are subordinating logic to emotion. TaZzz, your hysterics laden manner of adjudging the world is on par with a pre-menstruating woman on anti-depressants, and who is having a bad day. It is like that with you 24/7, which is the only reason I know you are not, in fact, a chick.

Attachments

• tamp.jpg
    tamp.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2
I told you all we would be rebuilding Ukraine.... Biden gave a lousy $700 taxable bucks to people in Lahaina that lost everything... but he is making Ukrainian people whole again and giving them money for their retirement pensions.....
He is funding small businesses that closed during Russia's bombing runs.... and he has a rebuilding plan that will cost nearly a trillion US tax dollars.....
WTF Biden supporters..... Is Joe a US president or a Ukrainian prime minister?....
Building their pensions while ruining American’s pensions.

My house is not on fire yet, so I am not fretting about the forest fire across the street.
Consider the forest fire and your house isn't yet burning. You are concerned and the forest fire needs to be put out.

But instead of putting out the forest fire, all the firefighters and equipment have been sent to La La Land. And in La La Land they aren't being used to put a fire but are being used to help with farming and propping up struggling businesses.

Are you okay with that? You won't feel the government let you down when your house burns?

Consider the forest fire and your house isn't yet burning. You are concerned and the forest fire needs to be put out.

But instead of putting out the forest fire, all the firefighters and equipment have been sent to La La Land. And in La La Land they aren't being used to put a fire but are being used to help with farming and propping up struggling businesses.

Are you okay with that? You won't feel the government let you down when your house burns?

Sadly the Eric Adams approach of ...

... Fire across the street: Not my problem
... His house on fire: OMG, this is a disaster, the worst ever!!!!

Is just the Democrat way

I believe if you shot the rest of congress and let Rand Paul run things we would be far better off. ;)

IMHO he's the only honest broker in the Senate and likely all of congress.....Much less the vegetable in the WH.

How do you feel about Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Tommy Tuberville, and Tom Cotton?

Gator is always wrong, but -

In this case I thought that he was being sarcastic with the buffoon that he was replying to.

We subsidize businesses and first responders here. And food. And rent. And clothing. Not seeing rand Paul's point, other than the one on top of his head.

How do you feel about Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Tommy Tuberville, and Tom Cotton?
They can't hold a candle to Rand Paul.

Pepperidge Farms remembers when the Cruz/Lee/Romney cabal tried stealing delegates away from Trump after he had secured enough delegates for the win prior to the convention.

Tom Cotton reminds me of the Rev. Lovejoy on the Simpsons.....Tell be I'm wrong. ;)

I do like Sen. Kennedy, he's a national treasure....I'd keep him around. ;)

Forum List

Back