Rand Paul has COVID 19

But his father called this virus a hoax though so I’m sure he’ll be fine.

I think he asked the question...didn't he ?

And his primary focus was on the government seeking more power at the expense of our liberties.

While I don't fully agree with him on many things, he is a pretty informed and well thought out individual.

Godspeed recovery. Link incoming
Redirect Notice

OH SHIT! Someone has the flu! Fortunately only a minute minute number of people getting the flu ever get gravely ill and die.

And since most people I talk to say they can't even get tested and a fed official just said on TV that if you feel sick to just stay home and don't waste a test, I wonder how Paul even knows he has Covid-19?

Has Covid even been shown to be more deadly than the normal flu?

Last season, we had 80,000 flu-related deaths in the USA. And there were no mass closings, no mass panic. No panic at all.

This year?

Fortunately, Rand Paul has healthcare better than any of us can buy. He's exempt from Obamacare. He'll pull though like Aces.

Thanks for the link...

Something in it made me wonder though...

Paul is now expected to miss a vote scheduled for Sunday afternoon related to a massive coronavirus package.

Pretty much the whole country is being told to work from home if they can, why the hell can he not vote from home in this day and age? Is being present really necessary?

I was thinking that the other day. We're almost a quarter of the way through the 21st century and they still have to have an in person quorum for every vote in Congress? That's ridiculous. We have the technology to allow our representatives to vote from home or their local offices. We should have been allowing that years ago. I'd rather have my Senators and Congresswoman here in Nevada 80% of the time accessible to their constituents as opposed to being in Washington D.C. 80% of the time accessible mainly to lobbyists.

That begs the question...why ?

These people are elected to federal office. They don't take care of their states. That is what your state legislature is for.

This disease tends to favor the famous and affluent. I wonder why?

No, they are just the ones that can pay to have a test they probably did not really have the symptoms for. Way more people have it, they just cannot be tested

Thanks for the link...

Paul is now expected to miss a vote scheduled for Sunday afternoon related to a massive coronavirus package.

Pretty much the whole country is being told to work from home if they can, why the hell can he not vote from home in this day and age? Is being present really necessary?
I see your point but disagree.

Thanks for the link...

I see your point but disagree.

Disagree with what?

Redirect Notice

Its interesting how there are now 3 members of Congress already infected, thats more than 1/2 of 1%.

If the American people as a whole were infected at the same rate as Congress, we'd have 7 million cases in the country already.

What is it about Congressional service that makes people more vulnerable to this bug?

After voting against the stimulus package.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has tested positive for the coronavirus, a spokesman said on Sunday, becoming the first senator known to contract the disease.

"Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events," Sergio Gor, Paul's spokesman,said.

Rand Paul becomes first senator to test positive for coronavirus

Redirect Notice

Its interesting how there are now 3 members of Congress already infected, thats more than 1/2 of 1%.

If the American people as a whole were infected at the same rate as Congress, we'd have 7 million cases in the country already.

What is it about Congressional service that makes people more vulnerable to this bug?

They’re just amongst the few that have access to tests.

Redirect Notice

This is a caste system.

Redirect Notice

Exactly my thought. Makes me think that we might have 7 million Chinese Flu sufferers in America, instead of just the official 31,000 positive cases.

Increasing the denominator to that level would really reduce the death rate from COVID 19

upload_2020-3-22_12-33-39.jpeg

Redirect Notice

On a positive note, he'll be voting for whatever massive government spending bill comes to the Senate.

Isn't it weird how things work out? One day you're all for a smaller government and a balanced budget, the next day...

It's obvious you didn't read the link. What a fool you are. LMAO

Deceptive thread title.

From the article;

"The senator's spokeswoman said he "didn't interact with the known infected individuals" but did not directly address whether he had been tested or would self-quarantine."

No where in there did it say he has it.

. . . and yeah, I agree with him, we should cut military adventurism while we are spending funds on battling this epidemic.

Deceptive thread title.

From the article;

"The senator's spokeswoman said he "didn't interact with the known infected individuals" but did not directly address whether he had been tested or would self-quarantine."

No where in there did it say he has it.

. . . and yeah, I agree with him, we should cut military adventurism while we are spending funds on battling this epidemic.
Um... are ya high?

"
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has tested positive for the coronavirus, a spokesman said on Sunday, becoming the first senator known to contract the disease.

“Senator Rand Paul has tested positive for COVID-19. He is feeling fine and is in quarantine. He is asymptomatic and was tested out of an abundance of caution due to his extensive travel and events,” Sergio Gor, Paul’s spokesman, said. "

Forum List

Back