Rand Paul has COVID 19

Our prayers are with Brother Rand. He's been through a hell of a lot the last few years. He's young and strong, a former doctor.

Our prayers are with Brother Rand. He's been through a hell of a lot the last few years. He's young and strong, a former doctor.

Isn’t he missing part of his lung? This is a respiratory illness, so I can see that presenting a challenge

But his father called this virus a hoax though so I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Godspeed recovery. Link incoming

Redirect Notice

Thanks for the link...

Something in it made me wonder though...

Paul is now expected to miss a vote scheduled for Sunday afternoon related to a massive coronavirus package.

Pretty much the whole country is being told to work from home if they can, why the hell can he not vote from home in this day and age? Is being present really necessary?

Thanks for the link...

Paul is now expected to miss a vote scheduled for Sunday afternoon related to a massive coronavirus package.

Pretty much the whole country is being told to work from home if they can, why the hell can he not vote from home in this day and age? Is being present really necessary?

I was thinking that the other day. We're almost a quarter of the way through the 21st century and they still have to have an in person quorum for every vote in Congress? That's ridiculous. We have the technology to allow our representatives to vote from home or their local offices. We should have been allowing that years ago. I'd rather have my Senators and Congresswoman here in Nevada 80% of the time accessible to their constituents as opposed to being in Washington D.C. 80% of the time accessible mainly to lobbyists.

Redirect Notice

Thanks for the link...

Ask Mitch.

Redirect Notice

On a positive note, he'll be voting for whatever massive government spending bill comes to the Senate.

Isn't it weird how things work out? One day you're all for a smaller government and a balanced budget, the next day...

At this point if you test positive its because of something stupid you did....for crying out load how many warnings do you need?....he will be fine the treatments are working....

At this point if you test positive its because of something stupid you did....for crying out load how many warnings do you need?....he will be fine the treatments are working....
Not true. Asymptomatic people are spreading the virus without their knowledge. He could have caught it up to what........10-14 days ago given how long symptoms take to develop.

I hope he recovers. Perhaps the experience will make him less of an asshole, but I doubt it.

Oh the irony... the 1st Senator to test positive for the virus is the one that was dragging his feet and holding up Corona Virus legislation for a personal amendment that had no chance of passing. It's so easy for a politician to have a platform until the issue knocks on their door. What a difference a couple days make.

"As the US Senate prepares to pass a bill to help fund and speed up the response to coronavirus epidemic, Kentucky senator Rand Paul has introduced an amendment that will slow down the bill’s passage – even though the amendment has no chance of passing."

Coronavirus: Rand Paul holds up Senate vote on rescue package with doomed amendment

Not true. Asymptomatic people are spreading the virus without their knowledge. He could have caught it up to what........10-14 days ago given how long symptoms take to develop.

I hope he recovers. Perhaps the experience will make him less of an asshole, but I doubt it.
He didn't catch it in his living room where we all are today....

This disease tends to favor the famous and affluent. I wonder why?

Probably because they come into contact with a circle of people more well traveled than the rest of us do. I took a tour through the Capitol in 2012 and I'm surprised more members aren't sick. Now I know they've locked down tours but still. Aides, Staffers, Lobbyists, and politicians all having conversations within mere feet of each other. Commonly touched surfaces in both halls. And the air in those corridor halls that run between the Capitol and the office buildings for the House and Senate. We were there in the summer and thinking back on our travels, perfect places for germs that are carried by vapor to hang out in. People walking in and out of those offices all the time.

Yeah, time to work from home.

Redirect Notice

Thanks for the link...

Deep fakes

No fan of Rand, but very sorry to hear it. Hope he recovers soon.

Forum List

Back