Rand Leads Hillary In Iowa, Colorado, Pennsylvania

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Obviously, this early in the game these really don't matter, but it does indicate that Hillary Clinton is not the inevitable successor to the White House her supporters have so arrogantly assumed she will be (I have remained consistent in my prediction for the past few years that she will never be president). I will also note that I don't trust the Pennsylvania results because the same poll showed her beating Paul by five points in Ohio and I don't see a scenario in which a Republican presidential candidate defeats a Democrat in Pennsylvania, but loses Ohio.

Rand Paul up Clinton down in 2016 presidential poll - Yahoo News Canada

Pennsylvania polling has Rand Paul ahead of Hillary in 2016 - Watchdog.org

You might be underestimating his popularity in Pennsylvania. I live in PA, and he might be the first Republican/Democrat I've ever voted for. I prefer his father's foreign policy stances, but I get the feeling he's only taking those stances so he stands a chance at getting the Republican nomination.

My sister is a Democrat and big Obama supporter, but after his 14 hour filibuster she said, "I'm starting to like this guy." :D

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
You might be underestimating his popularity in Pennsylvania. I live in PA, and he might be the first Republican/Democrat I've ever voted for. I prefer his father's foreign policy stances, but I get the feeling he's only taking those stances so he stands a chance at getting the Republican nomination.

My sister is a Democrat and big Obama supporter, but after his 14 hour filibuster she said, "I'm starting to like this guy." :D

Perhaps, but Pennsylvania has always been Fool's Gold for the GOP. Every election since 84 they think they're going to win it back this time and they always come up short.

Perhaps, but Pennsylvania has always been Fool's Gold for the GOP. Every election since 84 they think they're going to win it back this time and they always come up short.

The GOP does very well at the state level though. Rand as an appeal to both liberals and conservatives making PA sort of toss up if he gets the nod. Plus his dad is from my area and he remains rather popular here.

Rand, Walker, and Cruz will all have an advantage over Hillary. She represents the old establishment big government status quo, and she's also seen as the face of corruption and they represent the new face of politics. Voters like new faces and new ideas and Hillary has neither. Besides that, Obama and his cronies will be stabbing her in the back every chance they get, she has to worry about them as much as the Republicans.

Cruz might get 40% in a race against Hillary, Walker maybe MR's 47% Paul may be able to do better.

The GOP does very well at the state level though. Rand as an appeal to both liberals and conservatives making PA sort of toss up if he gets the nod. Plus his dad is from my area and he remains rather popular here.

They only do well at the state level when they get to draw the maps generally. There's only 1 republican elected to statewide office in Pennsylvania currently.

They only do well at the state level when they get to draw the maps generally. There's only 1 republican elected to statewide office in Pennsylvania currently.
Check Texas and Utah.

Forum List

Back