“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

13 years after Clinton's plan became law, the results are clear: It didn't work. Over the law's first decade, average compensation for chief executives at companies in Standard & Poor's 500-stock index soared from $3.7 million to $9.1 million, according to a 2005 Harvard Law School study. The law contains so many obvious loopholes, says Crystal, that "in 10 minutes even Forrest Gump could think up five ways around it."

Nice, in theory.

But what you posted was that Executive Pay increased in spite of Clinton trying to stop it not BECAUSE

But what you posted was that Executive Pay increased in spite of Clinton trying to stop it not BECAUSE

Clinton fucked up and made things worse.
As is so often the case when the government interferes.
That is what your link did not explain.
It said executive pay got higher now what Clinton did that made it higher

13 years after Clinton's plan became law, the results are clear: It didn't work. Over the law's first decade, average compensation for chief executives at companies in Standard & Poor's 500-stock index soared from $3.7 million to $9.1 million, according to a 2005 Harvard Law School study. The law contains so many obvious loopholes, says Crystal, that "in 10 minutes even Forrest Gump could think up five ways around it."

Nice, in theory.

Just-Wow--S.jpg

?

Only "hate on the Poor" right wingers use that propaganda and rhetoric.
Incorrect. Anyone who claims only executives have had their wages rise is a liar.

Statistics show that over the last 30 years executive pay skyrocketed while worker pay has been stagnant

View attachment 382539

One particular President is responsible for that massive change in the early 90s. Who is that president?
Show us
Wages also beat inflation under the Clinton administration.

I never saw as many pay increases as I did in the 90s

Did you stop improving yourself after the 90s?
I've had pay increases every year, regardless of who sits in the oval office, because I'm the one responsible for my income and employment choices.

Nice, in theory.

Wasn't my link.

Clinton thought executives got paid too much.
Executive compensation, like all employee compensation was deductible.
Clinton thought, great, we'll remove the deduction for cash compensation over $1 million.
Problem solved. If a corporation wants to "pay execs too much", they'll be taxed more.

Of course, performance based compensation, stock options, stock grants based on meeting certain targets would still be deductible.

Stock options exploded, resulting in much higher executive compensation.

But at least he tried, right?

Nice, in theory.

Wasn't my link.

Clinton thought executives got paid too much.
Executive compensation, like all employee compensation was deductible.
Clinton thought, great, we'll remove the deduction for cash compensation over $1 million.
Problem solved. If a corporation wants to "pay execs too much", they'll be taxed more.

Of course, performance based compensation, stock options, stock grants based on meeting certain targets would still be deductible.

Stock options exploded, resulting in much higher executive compensation.

But at least he tried, right?

Typical of Liberals. Liberals refuse to measure results. All that matters is how something FEELS. To them it is only important that there was an effort. Results do not matter.

For liberals that is no different than their football team being up by five points at the end of the forth quarter. They can win just by running out the clock. Quarterback hands off to the back who hits the line, the ball pops up in the air and a linebacker grabs it and runs for a touchdown.

The Liberals will still view it as a win because the running back TRIED to do the right thing and it wasn't his fault that the defensive lineman had punched the ball out of the running backs hands.

President Clinton was told that it was a stupid idea and to not do it! And the rest is history!

I've had pay increases every year, regardless of who sits in the oval office, because I'm the one responsible for my income and employment choices.
Why haven't wages been outpacing inflation?

As you know, wages, especially for low and minority income workers increased more under President Donald Trump than they had in decades. Why is that a bad thing?

Mine have, as have many people I know.
It's called "getting ahead" and it's not hard to do in this country.
Sorry if your skill set isn't valuable enough to beat low inflation, but that's not my problem.
You can collect the gubbamint cheese that my prosperity partially funds.
Talk is cheap for right wingers. You are simply not that great.

For most U.S. workers, real wages have barely budged in decades

As you know, wages, especially for low and minority income workers increased more under President Donald Trump than they had in decades. Why is that a bad thing?
Low unemployment is not an increase in wages. Wages still did not out pace inflation and inequality increased even with the lowest unemployment the right wing could try to take credit for.

Forum List

Back