“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

The employer makes money off of every employee.
And every employee is making money off the employer. It's call a job.
They make more when the taxpayer steps in to support their workers for them.
Again, you sound upset that we have a tax-funded social safety net.
If you don't like your taxes being used in such ways, work to end the social programs.

As you wish:
38e9a9cbed791147cf31ba1a29eb89ab.jpg

13 years after Clinton's plan became law, the results are clear: It didn't work. Over the law's first decade, average compensation for chief executives at companies in Standard & Poor's 500-stock index soared from $3.7 million to $9.1 million, according to a 2005 Harvard Law School study. The law contains so many obvious loopholes, says Crystal, that "in 10 minutes even Forrest Gump could think up five ways around it."

Nice, in theory.

But what you posted was that Executive Pay increased in spite of Clinton trying to stop it not BECAUSE

And every employee is making money off the employer. It's call a job.
Again, you sound upset that we have a tax-funded social safety net.
If you don't like your taxes being used in such ways, work to end the social programs.
My point is that employers profit off of taxpayers supporting their workers

If one of YOUR workers get sick or injured, taxpayers pay to make him well......not you

My point is that employers profit off of taxpayers supporting their workers
Employers offer a job for a wage. It has nothing to do with the tax-payer funded social programs. If you dislike your taxes being used in such ways, vote against the parties that endorse taxpayer funded safety nets.

If one of YOUR workers get sick or injured, taxpayers pay to make him well......not you
Incorrect, the employee's insurance pays for that, not the taxpayers.
An employer is not responsible for the medical needs of an employee unless found negligent in a workplace injury.

Only "hate on the Poor" right wingers use that propaganda and rhetoric.
Incorrect. Anyone who claims only executives have had their wages rise is a liar.

Statistics show that over the last 30 years executive pay skyrocketed while worker pay has been stagnant

View attachment 382539

1598894406593.png

Top 350 firms. Hardly a representative sample.

1598894542057.png

You should pay more because the taxpayer must support your workers with subsidies for food, housing and medical care
It sounds like you have a problem with taxation funding the social safety net.

I have a problem with taxpayers supporting a millionaires employees so he can make more money.
I have a problem in slashing business tax rates by 40% when we have to support your employees

I have a problem with taxpayers supporting a millionaires employees so he can make more money.

Do you pay more support before the employee gets a job or after?

Hopefully.

Taxpayers "support less" when someone is employed.

13 years after Clinton's plan became law, the results are clear: It didn't work. Over the law's first decade, average compensation for chief executives at companies in Standard & Poor's 500-stock index soared from $3.7 million to $9.1 million, according to a 2005 Harvard Law School study. The law contains so many obvious loopholes, says Crystal, that "in 10 minutes even Forrest Gump could think up five ways around it."

Nice, in theory.

But what you posted was that Executive Pay increased in spite of Clinton trying to stop it not BECAUSE

Clinton fucked up and made things worse.
As is so often the case when the government interferes.

Good for you
Low wage and low skilled workers lack the bargaining power.
Doesn’t excuse employers exploiting them.

You just love posting silly things, don't you?

Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?

Rules-S.jpg
lol. Right wingers are best at false witness bearing and practicing the Abomination of Hypocrisy (unto God).

Why did you dodge answering my simple question? Instead, you childishly chose to post a senseless comment.

Specifically, what is not true in my chart listing three ways to avoid poverty? Doesn't that come down to personal responsibility?

One more chance, " Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?"
Black codes were one hindrance in the past.

We are not in the past, this is August 30, 2020.

Once again...

Why did you dodge answering my simple question? Instead, you childishly chose to post a senseless comment.

Specifically, what is not true in my chart listing three ways to avoid poverty? Doesn't that come down to personal responsibility?

One more chance, " Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?"
A lack of bargaining power due to lack of capital under our form of Capitalism.

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”
― Anatole France

Still nothing from my far-left Liberal good friend, danielpalos. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

Once again...

lol. Corporate welfare is alive and well and they have needed bailouts even with being able to afford entire departments to help them out with rational choice theory. If they could not do it, why do you believe Individuals would be in any position to do a better job?

Once again...

Why did you dodge answering my simple question? Instead, you childishly chose to post a senseless comment. [AGAIN]

One more chance, " Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?" [AGAIN]
I can resort to the fewest fallacies, why can't You?

Incorrect. Anyone who claims only executives have had their wages rise is a liar.

Statistics show that over the last 30 years executive pay skyrocketed while worker pay has been stagnant

View attachment 382539

One particular President is responsible for that massive change in the early 90s. Who is that president?
Show us
Wages also beat inflation under the Clinton administration.

View attachment 382539

One particular President is responsible for that massive change in the early 90s. Who is that president?
Show us

How Bill Clinton Helped Boost CEO Pay
Posted on November 26, 2006

Bill Clinton had what he thought was a great idea to curb the soaring paychecks of the nation's executives. It was 1991, shortly after the launch of his Presidential campaign, and he had just read a best seller on corporate greed by compensation guru Graef Crystal.

Clinton's brainstorm: Use the tax code to curb excessive pay.

Companies at the time were allowed to deduct all compensation to top executives. Clinton wanted to permit companies to write off amounts over $1 million only if executives hit specified performance goals. He called Crystal for his thoughts. "Utterly stupid," the consultant says he told the future President. THE SHAME GAME

Now, 13 years after Clinton's plan became law, the results are clear: It didn't work. Over the law's first decade, average compensation for chief executives at companies in Standard & Poor's 500-stock index soared from $3.7 million to $9.1 million
, according to a 2005 Harvard Law School study. The law contains so many obvious loopholes, says Crystal, that "in 10 minutes even Forrest Gump could think up five ways around it."

My emphasis

Read more: How Bill Clinton Helped Boost CEO Pay
The Wiki page seems less biased.

Nice, in theory.

Just-Wow--S.jpg

Forum List

Back