“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

Thanks for admitting you're a trespasser.

You know what happens when someone trespasses into Mexico?
They toss your bullet riddled body over the side of the border from which you came.

Thank you Capt Hyperbole

I‘ve been to Mexico many times and they don’t even check you at the border. They just wave you through

I don’t see Mexico building walls

Only "hate on the Poor" right wingers use that propaganda and rhetoric.
Incorrect. Anyone who claims only executives have had their wages rise is a liar.

Statistics show that over the last 30 years executive pay skyrocketed while worker pay has been stagnant

1598875128203.jpeg

You should pay more because the taxpayer must support your workers with subsidies for food, housing and medical care
It sounds like you have a problem with taxation funding the social safety net.

I have a problem with taxpayers supporting a millionaires employees so he can make more money.
I have a problem in slashing business tax rates by 40% when we have to support your employees

I have a problem with taxpayers supporting a millionaires employees so he can make more money.

Do you pay more support before the employee gets a job or after?

The employer makes money off of every employee.
They make more when the taxpayer steps in to support their workers for them.

They toss your bullet riddled body over the side of the border from which you came.

Thank you Capt Hyperbole

I‘ve been to Mexico many times and they don’t even check you at the border. They just wave you through

I’m sure.

Incorrect. Anyone who claims only executives have had their wages rise is a liar.
Learn how to read.

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.--https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-compensation-2018/

Once again, thank former President Bill Clinton for the huge increases in top executive compensation packages.
In right wing fantasy, you are always right.

Bill Clinton, the not-yet-a-household-name Arkansas governor, proposed limiting deductions for what he called "excessive executive pay" during his first presidential campaign in the early 1990s. The concept had kicked around Washington for several years and was one of the planks that helped him win the Democratic nomination and deny George H.W. Bush a second term. In 1992, Bush had vetoed a budget bill containing a provision to limit how much companies could deduct for high-paid people. --https://www.propublica.org/article/the-executive-pay-cap-that-backfired

Good for you
Low wage and low skilled workers lack the bargaining power.
Doesn’t excuse employers exploiting them.

You just love posting silly things, don't you?

Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?

Rules-S.jpg
lol. Right wingers are best at false witness bearing and practicing the Abomination of Hypocrisy (unto God).

Why did you dodge answering my simple question? Instead, you childishly chose to post a senseless comment.

Specifically, what is not true in my chart listing three ways to avoid poverty? Doesn't that come down to personal responsibility?

One more chance, " Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?"
Black codes were one hindrance in the past.

We are not in the past, this is August 30, 2020.

Once again...

Why did you dodge answering my simple question? Instead, you childishly chose to post a senseless comment.

Specifically, what is not true in my chart listing three ways to avoid poverty? Doesn't that come down to personal responsibility?

One more chance, " Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?"
A lack of bargaining power due to lack of capital under our form of Capitalism.

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”
― Anatole France

Still nothing from my far-left Liberal good friend, danielpalos. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

Once again...

lol. Corporate welfare is alive and well and they have needed bailouts even with being able to afford entire departments to help them out with rational choice theory. If they could not do it, why do you believe Individuals would be in any position to do a better job?

Averages are not the whole picture only the average. And, why are wages not keeping up with inflation in our allegedly free market economy? Why have corporations helps their employees obtain social service benefits instead of simply raising the minimum wage if not for their bottom line?

You refused to answer what the typical income is of a household where one of the workers earns minimum wage. Why?

As you know, or should know, is the fact that under President Donald Trump, wages have been exceeding inflation.

On what is a corporation's value-based?
He’s correct, but Trump left out one thing: a large portion of those gains can be traced to minimum wage increases in more than half the states.--https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/02/07/minimum-wage-2020-trumps-blue-collar-boom-due-higher-pay-floors/4682939002/

A lack of perfect knowledge and lack of bargaining power as the least wealthy under our form of Capitalism. Black codes is one example.
There are no black codes.
You have only yourself to blame for your incompetence and worthlessness in the employment marketplace.
Grow up and accept responsibility for your situation. Or don't. I'll be fine either way.
Same as above. A lack of perfect knowledge and bargaining power.
More loser-babble.
It is institutional not individual.
No, it's your own fault. Man up for once in your life.
Corporate downsizing or offshoring jobs has an analogous effect.

Here's the basic problem with raising the minimum wages. Seattle was a good example. Once the mandatory $15.00 minimum wage was enacted, the companies, reduced the hours of the employees so as to not cut into the companies profits. Thus, the employees didn't make more money and in some cases, made less.
Then, there's also the other effect, where once employees are paid more, product costs must go up to compensate for the lost revenue and thus having to pay more for products, it reduces your cost of living via paying for more expensive products.
The solution is equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States. Would the same have happened if Labor could simply quit low wage jobs and go on unemployment? Wages should have an upward pressure on an Institutional basis.

higher wages = higher prices!!!

Higher wages mean more consumption, less debt, less need for public support.

Higher wages mean more consumption, less debt, less need for public support.

And less consumption, more debt for the business.
Why do you believe that? Higher paid labor creates more in Demand and pays more in Taxes.
higher paid labor creates more demand? explain how you come up with that reasoning?
If it cost me more for labor I'll do it myself which means no one is working or earning money
lol. Because the dollar menu will not double even if the minimum wage does. And a person earning fifteen dollars an hour pays approximately five times more in federal income taxes than do persons at the current minimum wage.
So where does this new money come from? Because the dollar menu will go up to compensate for the rising cost of labor.
Even the dollar menu won't double from one dollar to two dollars even if the minimum wage doubles. A positive multiplier takes care of the rest.
that's nonsense owners are in business to make money not to give people a means to earn a living wage.
Basic economics 101
Too bad for you, Government is about macro economics.

They move on and someone else comes in to be exploited.

They gains skills and experience, move on to better jobs and then new unskilled, inexperienced workers move into their first job? Sounds horrible!!! Gotta saw off the lower rungs of that ladder of success, eh comrade?
Black codes are one right wing example of why your logic and reasoning are unsound.
democrats gave birth to the black codes sorry if that chaps your ass..... no I'm not.
lol. Right wingers were democrats until the civil rights acts, then they are went Republican.
no shit for brains right-wing is not democrats it's never been democrat
lol. Yes, they were. You simply appeal to Ignorance like usual for the Right Wing.
just because you say it is so doesn't make it so.
Talk about ignorance you believe raising the cost of labor will bring prices down lol
lol. I believe you even less.

“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

The last minimum wage bill that was proposed and considered in congress, was H.R. 258, “Raise the Wage Act”. It was passed by the Democratic majority house, then passed on to the Republican majority senate, (where it now lies effectively dead).
Refer to the Congressional Budget office’s, (i.e. CBO’s) minimum wage rate report,
How Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage Could Affect Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office, and follow the link’s instructions to obtain the HR 258 interactive graphs.

Referring to the graph entitled “Average Percentage Change in Real Family Income, by Income Group”: The graph indicates average incomes of families earning less than 3 times the poverty threshold increase. Average incomes of higher income families do not perceivably begin to decrease until those incomes achieve 6 more times the poverty threshold;

(i.e. CBO’s study confirms minimum wage rate’s beneficial effects upon job’s rates are inversely related. Employees within the lowest wage rate brackets most benefit in proportion to their incomes, and those benefits (proportional to incomes) are incrementally lesser as incomes increase. Thus, the wage incomes of most USA’s wage earners would have benefit or would not be detrimentally affected by passage of H.R. 582.

[Six, (6) times a family of three’s income equal or exceeding 6 times the poverty threshold would be $122,000 per year and for a family of four it would well exceed $125,00 per year expressed in 2018 U.S. dollars.]
Respectfully, Supposn
1. doesn't matter how much $$$$ you give stupid people, they will still be poor
2. higher wages = higher prices!!!! SO, they still can't afford things!! DUH
lol. Why abolish slavery then, right wingers. That is what you really want. DUH
slavery and minimum wage---????HAHAHHAHHAHAHA
LOL. Still clueless and Causeless regarding right wing propaganda and rhetoric, right wingers? Y'all want the minimum wage to truly be Zero.
raise minimum wage = raising prices = worthless
why abolish slavery; right wing logic and reasoning = worthless.
minimum wage is not slavery
Still don't remember your right wing parroting propaganda? You Right Wingers want the minimum wage to be zero.
you need to provide proof of that stupidity
Me being right wing want everybody to be paid exactly what the job is worth.
Are you willing to pay a police officer more than they are making?
Don't remember your own right wing propaganda and rhetoric?
something a leftists create is not right wing propaganda
Time for you to prove your lies as factual and truthful
lol. Right wingers are the ones who allege to believe the "true minimum wage should be zero".
again your opinion is not proof
Neither is yours. You are welcome to read The Prince of Darkness by Robert Novak.

Because only once side has negotiating leverage
That's a lie. One side has cash, the other has labor. Both can negotiate.

Just because the market says you can exploit someone doesn’t mean you should.
The markey doesn't say that. Stop with the childish bromides.

The taxpayer makes up the difference
Irrelevant.
Money was invented, for a capital based reason.
money was invented because carrying eggs around in pockets to exchange for things didn't work out well for long periods of time
Job searches are only about money once you get hired not while looking for work.

Thank you Capt Hyperbole

I’m sure.
Actually, you are correct.
Mexico welcomes Americans with money.
If you’re coming in as cheap labor they riddle you with bullets.

Good for you
Low wage and low skilled workers lack the bargaining power.
Doesn’t excuse employers exploiting them.

You just love posting silly things, don't you?

Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?

Rules-S.jpg
lol. Right wingers are best at false witness bearing and practicing the Abomination of Hypocrisy (unto God).

Black codes were one hindrance in the past.

We are not in the past, this is August 30, 2020.

Once again...

A lack of bargaining power due to lack of capital under our form of Capitalism.

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”
― Anatole France

Still nothing from my far-left Liberal good friend, danielpalos. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

Once again...

lol. Corporate welfare is alive and well and they have needed bailouts even with being able to afford entire departments to help them out with rational choice theory. If they could not do it, why do you believe Individuals would be in any position to do a better job?

Once again...

Why did you dodge answering my simple question? Instead, you childishly chose to post a senseless comment. [AGAIN]

One more chance, " Specifically, how are the poor decisions and lack of personal responsibility the fault of the employer?" [AGAIN]

Statistics show that over the last 30 years executive pay skyrocketed while worker pay has been stagnant

View attachment 382539

One particular President is responsible for that massive change in the early 90s. Who is that president?
Show us

View attachment 382539

One particular President is responsible for that massive change in the early 90s. Who is that president?
Show us

How Bill Clinton Helped Boost CEO Pay
Posted on November 26, 2006

Bill Clinton had what he thought was a great idea to curb the soaring paychecks of the nation's executives. It was 1991, shortly after the launch of his Presidential campaign, and he had just read a best seller on corporate greed by compensation guru Graef Crystal.

Clinton's brainstorm: Use the tax code to curb excessive pay.

Companies at the time were allowed to deduct all compensation to top executives. Clinton wanted to permit companies to write off amounts over $1 million only if executives hit specified performance goals. He called Crystal for his thoughts. "Utterly stupid," the consultant says he told the future President. THE SHAME GAME

Now, 13 years after Clinton's plan became law, the results are clear: It didn't work. Over the law's first decade, average compensation for chief executives at companies in Standard & Poor's 500-stock index soared from $3.7 million to $9.1 million
, according to a 2005 Harvard Law School study. The law contains so many obvious loopholes, says Crystal, that "in 10 minutes even Forrest Gump could think up five ways around it."

My emphasis

Read more: How Bill Clinton Helped Boost CEO Pay

Forum List

Back