“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

The last minimum wage bill that was proposed and considered in congress, was H.R. 258, “Raise the Wage Act”. It was passed by the Democratic majority house, then passed on to the Republican majority senate, (where it now lies effectively dead).
Refer to the Congressional Budget office’s, (i.e. CBO’s) minimum wage rate report,
How Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage Could Affect Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office, and follow the link’s instructions to obtain the HR 258 interactive graphs.

Referring to the graph entitled “Average Percentage Change in Real Family Income, by Income Group”: The graph indicates average incomes of families earning less than 3 times the poverty threshold increase. Average incomes of higher income families do not perceivably begin to decrease until those incomes achieve 6 more times the poverty threshold;

(i.e. CBO’s study confirms minimum wage rate’s beneficial effects upon job’s rates are inversely related. Employees within the lowest wage rate brackets most benefit in proportion to their incomes, and those benefits (proportional to incomes) are incrementally lesser as incomes increase. Thus, the wage incomes of most USA’s wage earners would have benefit or would not be detrimentally affected by passage of H.R. 582.

[Six, (6) times a family of three’s income equal or exceeding 6 times the poverty threshold would be $122,000 per year and for a family of four it would well exceed $125,00 per year expressed in 2018 U.S. dollars.]
Respectfully, Supposn

How about we worry about getting everyone’s jobs back after the Wu Flu Plague first.

You mean like the first of the year when Trump was crowing about the great economy but people were asking for a raise in the minimum wage but were being ignored?

A federal minimum wage
We need a rise in the minimum wage but it also must be noted that the Democrats had eight years under Obama and did absolutely nothing in this regard.
No we dont. We dont need a bunch of idiots telling businesses how to run themselves. Plus a fed min wage is unconstitutional.

Those businesses sure do run to those "idiots" when they want bailed out.

A federal minimum wage
We need a rise in the minimum wage but it also must be noted that the Democrats had eight years under Obama and did absolutely nothing in this regard.
No we dont. We dont need a bunch of idiots telling businesses how to run themselves. Plus a fed min wage is unconstitutional.

Deflect if you want. Fact is, they dont have that power and congress is full of dumbfucks.
And really, you just made them look like bigger idiots. What kind of smart person bails out failure?

A federal minimum wage

Deflect if you want. Fact is, they dont have that power and congress is full of dumbfucks.
And really, you just made them look like bigger idiots. What kind of smart person bails out failure?

You are the one claiming the minimum wage is unconstitutional despite it having passed all court challenges so I would be careful calling out others.

A federal minimum wage

You are the one claiming the minimum wage is unconstitutional despite it having passed all court challenges so I would be careful calling out others.
Of course it is. Show me where the constitution gives the fed gov the power to tell businesses how to run their company.

A federal minimum wage

Of course it is. Show me where the constitution gives the fed gov the power to tell businesses how to run their company.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare.............................

Also the Constitution states what the government can't do, not everything it can do. A minimum wage is most certainly looking after the general welfare of the people.

A federal minimum wage

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare.............................

Also the Constitution states what the government can't do, not everything it can do. A minimum wage is most certainly looking after the general welfare of the people.
The first part is irrelevant.
The constitution gives the fed gov a SPECIFIC set of enumerated powers. It also SPECIFICALLY states everything else is up to the state's.
So please show me how the fed gov has the power to enact a minimum wage.

twage.the fed gov promotes general welfare within its specific enunerated powers. If not, the gov could decide killing all seniors are for the "general welfare" and it will be fine.

A federal minimum wage

The constitution gives the fed gov a SPECIFIC set of enumerated powers. It also SPECIFICALLY states everything else is up to the state's.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare,

If you believe the Constitution is irrelevant I really have no idea where to go.

A federal minimum wage

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare,

If you believe the Constitution is irrelevant I really have no idea where to go.
The preamble is an introduction. Nothing more.
Are you going to act like you have sense or no? You are boring me

A federal minimum wage

The preamble is a part of the Constitution whether you want to accept that or not. You want to pick and choose what parts you support.

The last minimum wage bill that was proposed and considered in congress, was H.R. 258, “Raise the Wage Act”. It was passed by the Democratic majority house, then passed on to the Republican majority senate, (where it now lies effectively dead).
Refer to the Congressional Budget office’s, (i.e. CBO’s) minimum wage rate report,
How Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage Could Affect Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office, and follow the link’s instructions to obtain the HR 258 interactive graphs.

Referring to the graph entitled “Average Percentage Change in Real Family Income, by Income Group”: The graph indicates average incomes of families earning less than 3 times the poverty threshold increase. Average incomes of higher income families do not perceivably begin to decrease until those incomes achieve 6 more times the poverty threshold;

(i.e. CBO’s study confirms minimum wage rate’s beneficial effects upon job’s rates are inversely related. Employees within the lowest wage rate brackets most benefit in proportion to their incomes, and those benefits (proportional to incomes) are incrementally lesser as incomes increase. Thus, the wage incomes of most USA’s wage earners would have benefit or would not be detrimentally affected by passage of H.R. 582.

[Six, (6) times a family of three’s income equal or exceeding 6 times the poverty threshold would be $122,000 per year and for a family of four it would well exceed $125,00 per year expressed in 2018 U.S. dollars.]
Respectfully, Supposn
/—-/ Hey let’s set minimum wage at $120,000 a year. Then everybody gets rich.

PKnopp, you’re correct.

After the 2008 elections, Republicans stated policy was no cooperation. At some point, after President Obama had acknowledged that Republicans would oppose policies that they had in previous years supported, he should have accepted the futility of any mutual understanding between the parties, and strived to govern as best as he could.

His further attempts to negotiate with Republicans were detriment to both our nation and the Democratic Party. After a half century as a registered Democrat, I then re-registered and have remained registered as a Green Party supporter to signify my anger.
I’m a populist that agrees with those contending “we all do better when we all do better”.

Respectfully, Supposn

A federal minimum wage

The preamble is a part of the Constitution whether you want to accept that or not. You want to pick and choose what parts you support.
The preamble isnt law. It is an introduction to the law
Good gawd man

Referring to the graph entitled “Average Percentage Change in Real Family Income, by Income Group”: The graph indicates average incomes of families earning less than 3 times the poverty threshold increase. Average incomes of higher income families do not perceivably begin to decrease untmanthatsawesomeincomes achieve 6 more times the poverty threshold;

Respectfully, Supposn
/—-/ Hey let’s set minimum wage at $120,000 a year. Then everybody gets rich.
awesome. I look forward to bread costing 75 bucks a loaf.

PKnopp, you’re correct.

After the 2008 elections, Republicans stated policy was no cooperation. At some point, after President Obama had acknowledged that Republicans would oppose policies that they had in previous years supported, he should have accepted the futility of any mutual understanding between the parties, and strived to govern as best as he could.

His further attempts to negotiate with Republicans were detriment to both our nation and the Democratic Party. After a half century as a registered Democrat, I then re-registered and have remained registered as a Green Party supporter to signify my anger.
I’m a populist that agrees with those contending “we all do better when we all do better”.

Respectfully, Supposn

Obama could have got a bump to the minimum wage for agreeing to extend the Bush tax cuts. He also had two years where the Republicans could have done very little.

Forum List

Back