Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Federal Minimum Wage.

The U.S. Dollar (as all nations' currencies), is of variable value within time. That's why USA's Social Security retirement benefits are annually adjusted to a cost-price index).

Congressional Democrats had previously submitted a proposal, (H.R. 582, 1st session of 116th U.S. Congress) for the minimum wage to be annually increased by some specific amounts, and thereafter be annually increased to whatever has been the proportional increase of USA's median wage rate per employee as determined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
In my opinion, it would be preferable to peg the minimum to the proportional increase of USA's employees' median annual wages as annually reported for the purpose of FICA taxes. That's an objective amount that need not be determined by mathematicians,or statisticians. But I won't quibble; the median USA wage rate is O.K.]

Traditionally Democrats continued submitting minimum wage bills of finite increase amounts until the minimum increases to the finite “target” amount. H.R. was a vast improvement because it accounts for U.S. Dollar's future values. Thus far Republicans have always been permitted to delay the increases until they've been “too little, too late”.

Democrats should draft a bill calling for a predetermined and (reasonably modest) proportional increase of the minimum until it achieves its target of a variable amount; thereafter to be annually adjusted, retaining no less than the variable target. There's no good reason to specify the duration of years for achieving the goal. This is the bill Democrats should continue (without change) annually submitting until it's passed.
Respectfully, Supposn

They need to get rid of minimum wage and formulate wages like they do government wages.

Different tiers of wages for the different jobs/experience/longevity.

Say base workers would make $10.00 an hour. Base workers being anyone in a low-end retail or sales job......cashiers, stockers, cooks, lawn maintenance workers, wait staff, etc...

Tier 3 managers would be those managers you might call Supervisors. They do a lot of the grunt work the manager doesn't have time for, but aren't experience/trained enough to be a manager themselves. Tier 2 would be a mid-level manager, and Tier 3 would be the head manager or a district manager. Corporate managers would fall under a different catagory.

Well, you get the idea.

This way, EVERYBODY knows what job pays what, and what they have to do in order to go to the next level. No fuss, no muss.
Companies would have the options for paying MORE, but the would not be able to pay LESS, unless they want their company or business shut down.

Congress needs to get out of the minimum wage business
They have shown they are incapable of managing it

Set it at $15 then tie annual raises to inflation

I think it would be smart for Republicans to propose increasing the minimum wage by 25 cent in 2 year increments over the next 20 years then get the Democrats on the record voting against it. That would increase the minimum wage up to $9.75 by 2043. Then we could have a super low and predictable minimum wage for a long period of time. I'm afraid if minimum wage is revisited it will be increased too high which will do nothing in the long run but will be destructive in the short term.

Adjust it according to the gold standard. Going off the gold standard was just a bailout of Wall Street gamblers back when Nixon was President. It will cause some temporary turmoil, same as finally raising interest rates, but tough shit, it's been artificially held down for too long, even more so than interest rates. Employers aren't entitled to getting their employees trained for free and they aren't entitled to cheap labor. Speculators can gamble on something else besides artificially inflated profit and dividends.

Yet right wingers never whine about employer cartels. If unions are good for employers they're good for employees as well.

Unions are strategically good for employers at first just to get their foot in the door. Over time they can destroy a company.

LMFAO!....I have a stalker. :rofl:
I have TROLLER/MAGAt named Oddball who insists on posting OFF TOPIC /Sabotaging My Thread even after it was explained to him.
Oddball just said "Up Yours" and kept posting OFF TOPIC.
A board cannot operate/discussion is impossible with TROLLS like you.
Understand THUG boy?
`

I have TROLLER/MAGAt named Oddball who insists on posting OFF TOPIC /Sabotaging My Thread even after it was explained to him.
Oddball just said "Up Yours" and kept posting OFF TOPIC.
A board cannot operate/discussion is impossible with TROLLS like you.
Understand THUG boy?
`
Go blow a goat, warmer stalker.

I blew up your phony premise and now you're all fucking butthurt.

giphy.gif

Go blow a goat, warmer stalker.

I blew up your phony premise and now you're all fucking butthurt.
You didn't touch my premise of whether it is warming/"human made warming"/"AGW" or not and why.

I did NOT claim everything was "Climate Change" (rain/drought/cold, etc)

You $5 boy Ho.

You're so ******* Stupid.
`

Last edited:
You didn't touch my premise of whether it is warming/"human made warming"/"AGW" or not and why.

I did NOT claim everything was "Climate Change" (rain/drought/cold, etc)

You $5 boy Ho.

You're so ******* Stupid.
`
I blew up your "falisfiability" crock of shit....Doesn't matter what wheather phenomenon there is, you warmer moonbats will blame "climate change"....That is a fact and you know it.

And if your dire doomsayer predictions don't come true, you'll pull some "other factors" out of your ass....Happens every time like clockwork.

Sorry I hurt your tender little butt.

Not sorry. :abgg2q.jpg:

I blew up your "falisfiability" crock of shit....Doesn't matter what wheather phenomenon there is, you warmer moonbats will blame "climate change"....That is a fact and you know it.

And if your dire doomsayer predictions don't come true, you'll pull some "other factors" out of your ass....Happens every time like clockwork.

Sorry I hurt your tender little butt.

Not sorry. :abgg2q.jpg:
No you did not.
You just had to re-read it and finally figured out you are indeed an ldiot Troll with an agenda blinded by your MAGAt little brain/low IQ. I was Not talking about broad claims of "Climate Change" but very narrowly AGW.

YOU LOSE!

`
`
`

Last edited:

Forum List

Back