Zone1 Racial Distancing

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
On April 29, 2021, Senator Tim Scott was given the honor by the Republican Party to give the Republican response to President Bidens State of the Union Address. At this moment, Scott had the opportunity to invoke the spirit of legendary black republicans. Senator Scott had the chance to address the systemic racism he had admitted on the senate floor that exists, but somehow in prime time, he could not summon up the internal strength necessary for the moment.

Senator Scott had the opportunity to stand before the nation and express his experience as a black man; instead, he was the puppet. He had the chance to grab leadership, and he had the opportunity to make blacks look seriously at the republican party. Senator Scott had the chance to become a legend, but he couldnā€™t do it. This failure to present our case once right-wing blacks have standing and power because they are more concerned with a political career is a reason why blacks like Scott are called sellouts.

What Scott and many black republicans do is called racial distancing. It is something white politicians aren't required to do. Unless it's to avoid issues affecting communities of color. Black Democrats have done it too, but we have seen the most effective use of this by leading black "conservative voices.

How politicians practice ā€˜racial distancingā€™ with communities of color​

They tailor speech to be supportive without alienating white voters, professor says​

Many politicians find themselves walking a fine line when it comes to talking about the African American community, LaFleur Stephens-Dougan, Princeton University assistant professor of politics, says. They want to simultaneously voice their support for policies, positions, and attitudes widely held by African American voters without alienating white supporters, a rhetorical strategy she refers to as ā€œracial distancing.ā€

ā€œthe phenomenon whereby politicians convey to racially moderate and to racially conservative whites that they will not disrupt the racial status quo.ā€

This technique is evidence of how pervasive white racism still is in America. White politicians can run explicitly arguing for the concerns of the white community, but black politicians or politicians of any non white population must shape their rhetoric into more generic terms to insure whites how their concerns are included.

On April 29, 2021, Senator Tim Scott was given the honor by the Republican Party to give the Republican response to President Bidens State of the Union Address. At this moment, Scott had the opportunity to invoke the spirit of legendary black republicans. Senator Scott had the chance to address the systemic racism he had admitted on the senate floor that exists, but somehow in prime time, he could not summon up the internal strength necessary for the moment.

Senator Scott had the opportunity to stand before the nation and express his experience as a black man; instead, he was the puppet. He had the chance to grab leadership, and he had the opportunity to make blacks look seriously at the republican party. Senator Scott had the chance to become a legend, but he couldnā€™t do it. This failure to present our case once right-wing blacks have standing and power because they are more concerned with a political career is a reason why blacks like Scott are called sellouts.

What Scott and many black republicans do is called racial distancing. It is something white politicians aren't required to do. Unless it's to avoid issues affecting communities of color. Black Democrats have done it too, but we have seen the most effective use of this by leading black "conservative voices.

They tailor speech to be supportive without alienating white voters, professor says​

Many politicians find themselves walking a fine line when it comes to talking about the African American community, LaFleur Stephens-Dougan, Princeton University assistant professor of politics, says. They want to simultaneously voice their support for policies, positions, and attitudes widely held by African American voters without alienating white supporters, a rhetorical strategy she refers to as ā€œracial distancing.ā€

ā€œthe phenomenon whereby politicians convey to racially moderate and to racially conservative whites that they will not disrupt the racial status quo.ā€

This technique is evidence of how pervasive white racism still is in America. White politicians can run explicitly arguing for the concerns of the white community, but black politicians or politicians of any non white population must shape their rhetoric into more generic terms to insure whites how their concerns are included.
The bigger question is, why be all in supporting the democrat party when doing so makes you a sell-out on the same level as those supporting the Republican party? The democrats have only contempt and pity, not respect, for black Americans and expect you all to bend over backwards to excuse or ignore the racism in the party. How else to explain the routine 90% support black Americans give racists in the democrat party? Seriously, would you have voted for a politician that's said the things Quid Pro Joe has said if he didn't have a 'D' behind his name?

there was a tweet from scott yesterday. his donors are abandoning him because he is "not married." this, of course, is code for "not quite heterosexual."

Why should Scott have given a speech about his ā€œblacknessā€ and racism and what it means to be black in America, etc., etc?

If Debbie Wasserman Shutz had been selected to give the response to Trumpā€™s SOTU, would it not have been inappropriate and widely criticized if she spoke about what It means to be a Jew in America and antisemitism?

He had the chance to grab leadership, and he had the opportunity to make blacks look seriously at the republican party. Senator Scott had the chance to become a legend, but he couldnā€™t do it

This is the main problem I have with Black Republicans

They donā€™t provide an example of how blacks should embrace the party. Instead, they deny racism exists, downplay the struggles blacks face
They spout lies about slavery, lies about Civil Rightsā€¦.they blame fellow blacks for their condition

They donā€™t provide an example of how blacks should embrace the party. Instead, they deny racism exists, downplay the struggles blacks face
They spout lies about slavery, lies about Civil Rightsā€¦.they blame fellow blacks for their condition
They provide an excellent example as to how blacks born into poverty, and with single mothers, can be successful if they make the right choices and have the right traits. Horrors.

Maybe Sen. Scott doesn't think his skin color should matter in politics? ... in a racial equal society, it wouldn't ... maybe Sen. Scott thinks South Carolina needs better representation than just "whitie evil" ...

Maybe the man was just being equal ... doing his job ... you need to look in a mirror and ask that person why that matters so much ... his skin is black and his ideas are white ... that's allowed ... he's a man and supposed to be stupid, leopards with a belly full of man won't hunt women, which helps the species as a whole ... if you believe that evolution crap ...

Having lived in or near several, large, metropolitan areas of the country, I have come to believe that I'm safer (as a white male) to distance myself from areas that have a high percentage of blacks. It's not that I hate blacks. It's that blacks hate me. I'm sort of into the prepping community. One of the goals of that community is to survive disastrous situations, whether natural or man-made. I've concluded that avoiding a violent death is in my best interest. So I have left the danger zones of America and have sought low crime areas instead. It just so happens that the lowest crime rates coincide with the whiter areas of the country.

Having lived in or near several, large, metropolitan areas of the country, I have come to believe that I'm safer (as a white male) to distance myself from areas that have a high percentage of blacks. It's not that I hate blacks. It's that blacks hate me. I'm sort of into the prepping community. One of the goals of that community is to survive disastrous situations, whether natural or man-made. I've concluded that avoiding a violent death is in my best interest. So I have left the danger zones of America and have sought low crime areas instead. It just so happens that the lowest crime rates coincide with the whiter areas of the country.
Sound logic. :)

They provide an excellent example as to how blacks born into poverty, and with single mothers, can be successful if they make the right choices and have the right traits. Horrors.
Maybe they are success stories but they demean those who were unable to do the same.
I did it, so anyone who was unable to do the same is a failure.

Clarence Thomas succeeded in life because of Affirmative Actionā€¦..then voted to repeal it

Maybe they are success stories but they demean those who were unable to do the same.
I did it, so anyone who was unable to do the same is a failure.

Clarence Thomas succeeded in life because of Affirmative Actionā€¦..then voted to repeal it
Clarence Thomas didn't succeed because of Affirmative Action. He succeeded based on merit. Kamala Harris succeeded because of Affirmative Action. Big difference.

The bigger question is, why be all in supporting the democrat party when doing so makes you a sell-out on the same level as those supporting the Republican party? The democrats have only contempt and pity, not respect, for black Americans and expect you all to bend over backwards to excuse or ignore the racism in the party. How else to explain the routine 90% support black Americans give racists in the democrat party? Seriously, would you have voted for a politician that's said the things Quid Pro Joe has said if he didn't have a 'D' behind his name.
I agree with everything except Democrats having pity for Blacks. They don't give a roadkill rat's ass for Black people, they just continually lie and pander to them to keep their 90% voting bloc in tact.

True. And then they wonder why we get disgusted with them. And it is why these right wingers love them.

Having lived near several rural all white towns, I have come to believe that I am safer as a black male to distance myself from small all white towns. It is your apparent racism that makes blacks dislike you. The white areas are actually higher crime areas.

Tim Scott has never denied that racism exists.

The truth of the matter is that Scott understands that by definition, there is no institutional racism in America, and it is only when twisted by the Marxists to mean 'equality of outcome' that institutional racism exists. The metric is wholly political, not rooted in fact or science, and can be proven false by the simple expedience of putting 100 people of all nationalities into a single room and asking them what they want in life and how the government should affect those dreams.

You will get at least 90 separate answers.

The bigger question is, why be all in supporting the democrat party when doing so makes you a sell-out on the same level as those supporting the Republican party? The democrats have only contempt and pity, not respect, for black Americans and expect you all to bend over backwards to excuse or ignore the racism in the party. How else to explain the routine 90% support black Americans give racists in the democrat party? Seriously, would you have voted for a politician that's said the things Quid Pro Joe has said if he didn't have a 'D' behind his name?
African Americans are generally strategic about their voting. Their conservative and educated elites have never been ā€œall inā€ for one party or another unless they had a damn good reason to be.

Thus African Americans supported Republicans during the Civil War & Reconstruction, were forced to try working with populist Democrats in the segregated Deep South where that was at all possible, and finally as opportunities presented themselves led the great non-partisan struggles for Civil Rights. They then created a ā€œFreedom Democratic Partyā€ in the 1960s to fight hold-out ā€œofficialā€ white-dominated Democratic Party organizations in Mississippi and the South, and they have not infrequently tried to work in a supposedly ā€œbroad tentā€ Republican Party in recent years.

This last attempt didnā€™t work out ā€” except for making a few individuals wealthier or more ā€œfamousā€ ā€¦ because the Repubs closed up that ā€œbig tentā€ before it ever really opened up. After Obama, the Repubs reverted ever more to vicious populist ā€œwhite grievanceā€ politics under Trump.

Conservative black Republicans like Michael Steele ā€” just like white Conservative Republican ā€œNever Trumpersā€ ā€” left the GOP because on principle they could no longer stomach the demagogery and lies of the new ā€œTrump Party.ā€

This is not a question of African-Americans loving Biden or Kamala Harris ā€” they usually have a clear idea of the limits and weaknesses of liberal white politicians, and of their basic loyalties, and of who pays the pipers in this society.

The lowest class of African Americans, like those ignorant black males with criminal records and hatred towards black women (who tend to be both the most responsible members of their communities and the most active in politics) ā€” these pathetic types are the supposedly ā€œfree thinking blacksā€ that you find today on TikTok videos screaming about how Donald Trump is now ā€¦ ā€œa gangster brother.ā€

Last edited:

Forum List

Back