Zone1 Racial Distancing

Whites have received what you call AA from 1776.

The Naturalization Act of 1790 states: “any alien, being a free white person,” could apply for citizenship, so long as they lived in the United States for at least two years and in the state where the application was filed for at least one year. This law allowed “children of citizens of the United States that may be born … out of the limits of the United States shall be considered as natural-born citizens.”Affirmative Action for whites.

Slavery was AA for whites.

Dred Scott v. Sandford. “A black man has no rights a white man is bound to respect.” AA for whites.

Indian Removal policy. AA for whites.

Homestead ACT. AA for white.

Black codes. AA for whites

Jim Crow. AA for whites.

Plessy v. Feguson. AA for whites

Restrictive Covenants. AA for whites.

Redlining. AA for whites.

The New Deal. AA for whites.

Social Security Act. AA for whites until the 1960's.

Federal Guaranteed Home Loans. AA for whites until the 1960's.

College Admissions. AA for whites until the 1960's.

Servicemen's Readjustment Act. AA for whites. Millions of blacks were denied.

I can keep going.

Whites have gotten what you call AA since 1776. And you are a beneficiary of Affirmative action.
You’re doing what racists do - lump all people together.

We have white individuals today. They did not receive AA since 1776 because they weren’t alive.

And before you start in with ”generational wealth,” what about MY family? Grandparents arrived in the early 20th century - impoverished, uneducated, unable to speak the language, and then raising their families in inner-city tenements. Yet one generation later, their kids were all college graduates, with homes in the suburbs.

Stop blaming racism for the poor choices of blacks who remain mired in racism. If you’re unwilling to tell them to follow the path of impoverished Jews who became successful in one generation, then tell them to follow the path of impoverished blacks who became successful.

Instead, you call them Uncle Toms because they show that with the right traits and choices, one can become successful despite racism. Kills your narrative that it’s all whitey’s fault.

No, this thread is about racial distancing, and the question is why do whites support blacks who use racial distancing instead of fighting for issues in the black community?
That depends on the context. Is it really the appropriate venue for Scott to spend his time responding to a SOTU talking about how racist the democrat party is and the bigotry of low expectations the black community faces from the democrats? Would you really have supported Scott if he had called out Quid Pro Joe for his racist comments, or would your response still have been that he's a sell-out, ultimately because he's attacking a democrat, and you're going to protect them even if they are racists?

And I asked you that specific question because you well know that a white person saying black democrats are not serving the black community because of the things they say would get your dander up in a hurry, and a component of that anger would be at the audacity of a white person saying what a black person should and should not express. Now, understand, none of this in any detracts from the issues the black community faces, I'm simply advocating that all people should have the freedom to express the thoughts they want to express. It is in the plethora of thoughts, not the robotic recitation of cliched talking points, that greatness arises.

Not if they’re competing against a black female. The black female gets the advantage.

You think idiots like Karine and Kamala would be where they are if they were white?
Guess what?

You BOTH got opportunities unavailable to you before AA

You should be thankful

That depends on the context. Is it really the appropriate venue for Scott to spend his time responding to a SOTU talking about how racist the democrat party is and the bigotry of low expectations the black community faces from the democrats? Would you really have supported Scott if he had called out Quid Pro Joe for his racist comments, or would your response still have been that he's a sell-out, ultimately because he's attacking a democrat, and you're going to protect them even if they are racists?

And I asked you that specific question because you well know that a white person saying black democrats are not serving the black community because of the things they say would get your dander up in a hurry, and a component of that anger would be at the audacity of a white person saying what a black person should and should not express. Now, understand, none of this in any detracts from the issues the black community faces, I'm simply advocating that all people should have the freedom to express the thoughts they want to express. It is in the plethora of thoughts, not the robotic recitation of cliched talking points, that greatness arises.
Since he refused to talk about the systemic racism he has faced try talking about that instead of the tired republican lies about the modern democratic party.

I don't give a damn about what you asked, it was not related to the topic. If you want an answer start a thread instead of hijack one with bs because you didn't like being told how whites don't get to tell us what we can call ourselves.

On April 29, 2021, Senator Tim Scott was given the honor by the Republican Party to give the Republican response to President Bidens State of the Union Address. At this moment, Scott had the opportunity to invoke the spirit of legendary black republicans. Senator Scott had the chance to address the systemic racism he had admitted on the senate floor that exists, but somehow in prime time, he could not summon up the internal strength necessary for the moment.

Senator Scott had the opportunity to stand before the nation and express his experience as a black man; instead, he was the puppet. He had the chance to grab leadership, and he had the opportunity to make blacks look seriously at the republican party. Senator Scott had the chance to become a legend, but he couldn’t do it. This failure to present our case once right-wing blacks have standing and power because they are more concerned with a political career is a reason why blacks like Scott are called sellouts.

What Scott and many black republicans do is called racial distancing. It is something white politicians aren't required to do. Unless it's to avoid issues affecting communities of color. Black Democrats have done it too, but we have seen the most effective use of this by leading black "conservative voices.

How politicians practice ‘racial distancing’ with communities of color​

They tailor speech to be supportive without alienating white voters, professor says​

Many politicians find themselves walking a fine line when it comes to talking about the African American community, LaFleur Stephens-Dougan, Princeton University assistant professor of politics, says. They want to simultaneously voice their support for policies, positions, and attitudes widely held by African American voters without alienating white supporters, a rhetorical strategy she refers to as “racial distancing.”

“the phenomenon whereby politicians convey to racially moderate and to racially conservative whites that they will not disrupt the racial status quo.”

This technique is evidence of how pervasive white racism still is in America. White politicians can run explicitly arguing for the concerns of the white community, but black politicians or politicians of any non white population must shape their rhetoric into more generic terms to insure whites how their concerns are included.
What a crock. You premises are false or unsupported.

When a black politician supports “BLM” he or she might reply in anger to the observation that “ALL Lives Matter .” No “shaping” and opposed to “generic.”

I’m a helpful kinda guy. So let’s address your big mistake. You need to carefully and adequately and reasonably define your terms.

Try it. What do you actually wish others to understand by your use of the phrase “racial distancing?”

I’d laugh if he got thread-banned from one of his own always race baiting threads.
Funny how you think only the threads by blacks opposing white racism is race baiting but the hundreds of racist threads by whites in this forum is not.

What a crock. You premises are false or unsupported.

When a black politician supports “BLM” he or she might reply in anger to the observation that “ALL Lives Matter .” No “shaping” and opposed to “generic.”

I’m a helpful kinda guy. So let’s address your big mistake. You need to carefully and adequately and reasonably define your terms.

Try it. What do you actually wish others to understand by your use of the phrase “racial distancing?”
Nothing here is unsupported. All Lives Matter is a fake response by racists whining about BLM. The term racial distancing has been defined. You can't read.

Numerous off topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Please keep it on topic, and in compliance with Zone 1 guidelines.

The next step will be thread bans.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Guess what?

You BOTH got opportunities unavailable to you before AA

You should be thankful
Nothing wrong with righting the wrongs. Today NASA is proposing a new huge rocket based on a 300-foot paper towel tube. It will e filled with a hundred million match sticks and lit by a hundred-foot long bic lighter at the bottom. There are opportunities. The thing is a lot of it are failures who are never held to abilities. So, the costs rise. the mini little helicopter on MARS cost 90 million dollars for something that should cost 90 thousand dollars.

Why do REPUBLICANS only push blacks who do this?

“the phenomenon whereby politicians convey to racially moderate and to racially conservative whites that they will not disrupt the racial status quo.”

Nothing wrong with righting the wrongs. Today NASA is proposing a new huge rocket based on a 300-foot paper towel tube. It will e filled with a hundred million match sticks and lit by a hundred-foot long bic lighter at the bottom. There are opportunities. The thing is a lot of it are failures who are never held to abilities. So, the costs rise. the mini little helicopter on MARS cost 90 million dollars for something that should cost 90 thousand dollars.
Your posts never make sense

Having lived near several rural all white towns, I have come to believe that I am safer as a black male to distance myself from small all white towns. It is your apparent racism that makes blacks dislike you. The white areas are actually higher crime areas.
You are delusional.

Why do whites, more specifically right wing whites eagerly embrace and promote blacks who choose not to represent the best interests of black people?

And don't try that not seeing color crap, because the reason right wing whites emnbrace trump is because he is fighting for the best interests of whites.

Why do whites, more specifically right wing whites eagerly embrace and promote blacks who choose not to represent the best interests of black people?

And don't try that not seeing color crap, because the reason right wing whites emnbrace trump is because he is fighting for the best interests of whites.

As a recovering Republican, I think I can give you an answer, but you won't like it.

But here goes.

There is actually a valid point of view that government programs and set-asides create a sense of dependency. You never have to learn how to do it for yourself, so you never make the effort. You can compare the success of Asian-Americans who are more self-reliant to the struggles blacks and Native Americans have in that they have relied on the government to solve their problems.

While I do find people like Candance Owens kind of contemptible, I find race pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton equally contemptible.

Now, that said, I do think that we have a lot of problems that are legitimate and need to be corrected. We need criminal justice reform. Affirmative Action is still needed because, left to their own devices, employers and admissions officials would hire/admit people who remind them of themselves.

As a recovering Republican, I think I can give you an answer, but you won't like it.

But here goes.

There is actually a valid point of view that government programs and set-asides create a sense of dependency. You never have to learn how to do it for yourself, so you never make the effort. You can compare the success of Asian-Americans who are more self-reliant to the struggles blacks and Native Americans have in that they have relied on the government to solve their problems.

While I do find people like Candance Owens kind of contemptible, I find race pimps like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton equally contemptible.

Now, that said, I do think that we have a lot of problems that are legitimate and need to be corrected. We need criminal justice reform. Affirmative Action is still needed because, left to their own devices, employers and admissions officials would hire/admit people who remind them of themselves.
No we don’t need AA. We already have laws preventing discrimination. No one needs preferential treatment anymore, we’ve tried it for over half a century and it hasn’t accomplished anything but stoke hatred on both sides of the racial divide. It’s time to admit AA has failed and condemn it to the trash heap of history as we did with slavery and obedience to the King. To have a level playing field, you can’t tilt it either way.

No we don’t need AA. We already have laws preventing discrimination. No one needs preferential treatment anymore, we’ve tried it for over half a century and it hasn’t accomplished anything but stoke hatred on both sides of the racial divide. It’s time to admit AA has failed and condemn it to the trash heap of history as we did with slavery and obedience to the King. To have a level playing field, you can’t tilt it either way.

The problem is that the playing field is already tilted in favor of white people.

All AA does is even it out just a little bit.

we’ve tried it for over half a century and it hasn’t accomplished anything but stoke hatred on both sides of the racial divide. It’s time to admit AA has failed

AA was a major success and opened opportunities for women, blacks and other minorities as well as non-Christian’s
It ended the days of reserving the best jobs for white ,male Christians

But here goes.

Jackson and Sharpton aren't race pimps. The people who pimp race are the white who describe them as such. As for your ffirst paragraph , it is an example of the cognitive dissonance that exists in so many whites. Whites were getting everything set aside for them and the reason they have opposed these things is due to THEIR dependence on policies giving whites preference.

And what is it about Asians that make whites miss the fact that they were a protected groupp under AA? Or That Asians fought for civil rights with blacks, and self determination is what created blacks fighting for civil rights?

Your reply shows a lot of ignorance Joe.

Whites continue getting preferential treatment.

Jackson and Sharpton aren't race pimps.

Uh, sorry, I'm an old man.

I remember Jackson coming to Chicago with MLK's blood on his shirt, starting a riot in 1968.
I remember him bragging about spitting in White People's soup and serving it with a smile.
I remember him shaking down Budweiser to get distribution contracts for his no-account sons.

I remember Sharpton slandering six innocent police officers with the lie about Tawana Brawley being raped.
I remember him instigating the Crown Heights riots over a simple traffic accident.

These guys are two pieces of human garbage, and you make them leaders? Shame on you.

The people who pimp race are the white who describe them as such. As for your ffirst paragraph , it is an example of the cognitive dissonance that exists in so many whites. Whites were getting everything set aside for them and the reason they have opposed these things is due to THEIR dependence on policies giving whites preference.

Um, when was I 'given" something, exactly?

Certainly wasn't when Grandpa Ludwig got off the boat, and people called him a "Kraut" and worse. To the point where the man changed the way he said his name so people wouldn't think he was German. Worked hard in a factory his whole life, lost a finger in an industrial accident. Certainly wasn't my dad, who worked very hard after serving in WWII and died at 56 from Lung cancer working with asbestos his whole career. (Although the smoking probably didn't help). Certainly, it wasn't me. I got through college working two minimum wage jobs and serving in the National Guard, followed by serving six years of active duty. I guess I was too busy actually working hard to notice all this stuff being set aside for me.

And what is it about Asians that make whites miss the fact that they were a protected groupp under AA? Or That Asians fought for civil rights with blacks, and self determination is what created blacks fighting for civil rights?

Here's the thing. Asians are no longer really being protected by AA. In fact, they are being passed over in some cases. The thing was, blacks and Asians stood side by side to get racial equality, but they didn't rest on their laurels or blame whitey. They just got out there and worked.

Your reply shows a lot of ignorance Joe.
No, it shows that frankly, even liberals are getting a little tired of some of the nonsense.

Forum List

Back