Quinn may OK morning-after contraceptive pill for 11-year-old middle-school girls

Good. It is a disgrace when we, with all of our infrastructure, can't make readily available adequate levels of contraceptives and emergency contraceptives to those who need them.

yeah really, we should be offering them to pre-school children and up

Seeing as how there normally is an adult involve when a child this young needs a morning after pill, not only should the child be given the pill, but the adult involved should be put in prison until he is no longer capable of such acts.

Susan Smith Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

During her trial, Smith??s stepfather, Republican Party and Christian Coalition leader Beverly Russell, testified that he had sexually molested Susan when she was a teenager and again in the months leading up to her drowning the boys. She was spared the death penalty and sentenced to life in prison. Susan Smith is serving her sentence at Leath Correctional Institution in South Carolina and will be eligible for parole in 2024, after serving a minimum of thirty years.

One such case, just to make clear that such things occur right across the political spectrum. Rather than denying the victims prevention of the results of criminal acts, we should be concerntrating on preventing people that commit such acts from having the capability to do them again.

YOUR externalities effect everyone else. I raised MY kids without your help. Please do the same, or don't have any.

Re parental consent: I would beat to death anyone who gave my 11 year old daughter the "morning after pill" without my express approval.
Much better to see an 11 yo give birth.
Best of all, of course, is for 11-year-olds to not be sexually active.

Amazing how that simply doesn't occur to some people.

And by "amazing", I mean "sick and disturbing".

Amazing how most of the time it is daddy, or step daddy , or uncle, not the girl that is the person responsible. Particularly in the red states. Alabama and Alaska are the two states with the highest incest rate.

Amazing how most of the time it is daddy, or step daddy , or uncle, not the girl that is the person responsible. Particularly in the red states. Alabama and Alaska are the two states with the highest incest rate.
In case you didn't notice, and apparently you didn't, I'm not blaming the girl. I'm not a liberal defending Roman Polanski.

First of all, an 11 year old girl shouldn't be having sex. Period. She is way too young.
Second, although an 11 year old shouldn't be having sex, if she wants to have sex, she will find a way, and it won't matter what her parents say to her.

Knowing what kids are like, if she is going to have sex, its best to ensure she is protected. It is NOT saying its okay to have sex at such a young age, it is simply preventing a pregnancy - no one wants their 11 yr old daughter to come home pregnant.

Also, what if the 11 year old was raped by a relative and wants the pill to prevent a pregnancy? Should her father be told that his daughter is pregnant with his child?

Even though it would be extremely rare that a child would become pregnant due to rape from a family member, it still have a chance of happening, and what would conservatives see as a solution to this potential problem?

Quinn will complete the destruction of NYC started by Dinkins and the Dems.

Rudy and Bloomberg propped it up for 2 decades but the next Dem Mayor will Detrotify NYC

Once again, you prove your lack of knowledge. I would venture to guess that you have never been to New York City, Detroit, or Chicago, and I would venture to guess that you don't know a damn thing about any of them.

Christine Quinn says she’s open to allowing middle-school girls as young as 11 to receive the morning-after contraceptive pill.

So, let me get this right, little American girls are common whores by the age of eleven and American men have sex with 11 year old girls.

Is that correct?

but for GAWDS sake let them have access to a homosexual therapy...IT CAN HARM THEM...progressives are evil people all the while spewing how much THEY CARE...11 year olds...what is wrong with you people in New York?

WEll for one thing most NEW YORKERS are not nuts enough to think issues surrounding homosexual therapy and giving young girls post coital birth control are RELATED issues like you apparently do.

Progressives....

They are proud of 11 year old girls bangin.
If they get knocked up what's the big deal.
Just make sure they have access to OTC morning after pills.
No big deal if the kid can barely look over the counter when asking for her morning pill.

but for GAWDS sake let them have access to a homosexual therapy...IT CAN HARM THEM...progressives are evil people all the while spewing how much THEY CARE...11 year olds...what is wrong with you people in New York?

SNIP:
By BETH DEFALCO
Last Updated: 5:42 AM, August 21, 2013
Posted: 1:13 AM, August 21, 2013

It “can make some people uncomfortable,” but City Council Speaker Christine Quinn says she’s open to allowing middle-school girls as young as 11 to receive the morning-after contraceptive pill.

“This is a really important option we need to make accessible,” Quinn said yesterday after receiving a mayoral endorsement from the Planned Parenthood of New York City Political Committee.

“I understand it can make some people uncomfortable. We need to recognize the reality of what’s happening in children’s lives and give them what they need to make the right choices and protect themselves,” Quinn added.

'We need to recognize the reality of what’s happening in children’s lives and give them what they need to make the right choices.' - Christine Quinn
James Messerschmidt

'We need to recognize the reality of what’s happening in children’s lives and give them what they need to make the right choices.' - Christine Quinn

Quinn had previously supported dispensing Plan B pills to high-school girls in a first-of-its-kind pilot program started by the Bloomberg administration last year.

Both regular birth-control pills and emergency contraception became available to students as young as 14 without parental notification.

Parents were given the option of opting out — but only 3 percent did, according to the Health Department.

Quinn said an expansion to middle schools might be necessary down the road.

“I think that it may become a reality,” she said. “If that is what the data shows us would be most helpful, that is what we’ll do.”

For now, Quinn later told The Post, she’s content to keep the program limited to high schools.

Public schools here already distribute free condoms to students.

all of it here
Quinn may OK morning-after contraceptive pill for 11-year-old middle-school girls - NYPOST.com

What is wrong with people who admire and deify leaders who .. impregnated their slave women and who kept their own children in bondage, all while professing a love of liberty and freedom? By these standards your outrage is pathetically naive

Good. It is a disgrace when we, with all of our infrastructure, can't make readily available adequate levels of contraceptives and emergency contraceptives to those who need them.

yeah really, we should be offering them to pre-school children and up

Seeing as how there normally is an adult involve when a child this young needs a morning after pill, not only should the child be given the pill, but the adult involved should be put in prison until he is no longer capable of such acts.

Susan Smith Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

During her trial, Smith??s stepfather, Republican Party and Christian Coalition leader Beverly Russell, testified that he had sexually molested Susan when she was a teenager and again in the months leading up to her drowning the boys. She was spared the death penalty and sentenced to life in prison. Susan Smith is serving her sentence at Leath Correctional Institution in South Carolina and will be eligible for parole in 2024, after serving a minimum of thirty years.

One such case, just to make clear that such things occur right across the political spectrum. Rather than denying the victims prevention of the results of criminal acts, we should be concerntrating on preventing people that commit such acts from having the capability to do them again.

you're strawman is burning.

I don't recall any posts here making a case against a drug incest or rape etc. abortifacient's in those instances. Making it available over the counter on an everyday basis is where we disagree.

SNIP:
By BETH DEFALCO

It “can make some people uncomfortable,” but City Council Speaker Christine Quinn says she’s open to allowing middle-school girls as young as 11 to receive the morning-after contraceptive pill.

“This is a really important option we need to make accessible,” Quinn said yesterday after receiving a mayoral endorsement from the Planned Parenthood of New York City Political Committee.

“I understand it can make some people uncomfortable. We need to recognize the reality of what’s happening in children’s lives and give them what they need to make the right choices and protect themselves,” Quinn added.

James Messerschmidt

Quinn had previously supported dispensing Plan B pills to high-school girls in a first-of-its-kind pilot program started by the Bloomberg administration last year.

Both regular birth-control pills and emergency contraception became available to students as young as 14 without parental notification.

Parents were given the option of opting out — but only 3 percent did, according to the Health Department.

“I think that it may become a reality,” she said. “If that is what the data shows us would be most helpful, that is what we’ll do.”

For now, Quinn later told The Post, she’s content to keep the program limited to high schools.

all of it here
Quinn may OK morning-after contraceptive pill for 11-year-old middle-school girls - NYPOST.com

What is wrong with people who admire and deify leaders who .. impregnated their slave women and who kept their own children in bondage, all while professing a love of liberty and freedom? By these standards your outrage is pathetically naive

your post makes no sense, are you in the right thread?

WEll for one thing most NEW YORKERS are not nuts enough to think issues surrounding homosexual therapy and giving young girls post coital birth control are RELATED issues like you apparently do.

its the campaign season....

SNIP:
By BETH DEFALCO

James Messerschmidt

all of it here

your post makes no sense, are you in the right thread?
He's saying anyone who admires the Founding Fathers really shouldn't object to the State giving morning-after pills to little girls.

Yeah, I know, makes no sense at all.

Inuits have no taboo re. incest so it is understandable that their rate would be high, as would statistics about an crime in states with a large black population. You will find Georgia and Mississippi high on that list as well.

Now compare to their presence in the general population for likelihood of being a child molester as opposed to an average American:

Hispanics +96%
Blacks +59%
Whites -35%
Other -58%

Read more:

Forum List

Back