Quinn may OK morning-after contraceptive pill for 11-year-old middle-school girls

How about kids NOT fucking at the age of 11....
I guess that's not an option???

Of course it is, but since when in the history of human beings have all children listened to their parents 100% of the time?

Not my problem. If you want to provide your daughter with birth control pills and the morning after pill, go for it. Don't expect me to pay for it, though.

How about kids NOT fucking at the age of 11....
I guess that's not an option???

Of course it is, but since when in the history of human beings have all children listened to their parents 100% of the time?

Not my problem. If you want to provide your daughter with birth control pills and the morning after pill, go for it. Don't expect me to pay for it, though.
It's cheaper than supporting the young mother and child for years.

Good. It is a disgrace when we, with all of our infrastructure, can't make readily available adequate levels of contraceptives and emergency contraceptives to those who need them.

Why should I buy contraceptives for kids who shouldn't be needing them?

When did your kid's libido become my responsibility?

Negative externalities affect everyone. It benefits everyone to have a healthy society.

Besides, the question here is whether or not they should have access to them without parental consent.

I told my daughter that getting pregnant before becoming a married, responsible adult would fuck up her future and that of her child. She's 31 and has not been pregnant and tax payers haven't spent a dime on birth control for her.

That's fine and all but life doesn't always work that way. Children don't always do everything that their parents advise them to do.

An 11 year old girl doesn't know the law. They don't know anything. And if they end up at a pharmacy seeking this pill their parents should be contacted. "Guidance" is what a parent is supposed to give after all. :cool:

since when do 11 year olds not know that they can get into trouble from their parents? Have you ever had kids?

If you want to take up a don't ask don't tell policy with your 11 year old about sex, then maybe you should think twice about parenting :cool:

Good. It is a disgrace when we, with all of our infrastructure, can't make readily available adequate levels of contraceptives and emergency contraceptives to those who need them.
Indeed. There are truckloads of condoms, birth control pills, and RU-486 that can't get to our middle schools because of crumbling roads and bridges.

Negative externalities affect everyone. It benefits everyone to have a healthy society.

Besides, the question here is whether or not they should have access to them without parental consent.

YOUR externalities effect everyone else. I raised MY kids without your help. Please do the same, or don't have any.

Re parental consent: I would beat to death anyone who gave my 11 year old daughter the "morning after pill" without my express approval.

To an 11 year old? Did someone drop an anvil on your head at some point?

I told my daughter that getting pregnant before becoming a married, responsible adult would fuck up her future and that of her child. She's 31 and has not been pregnant and tax payers haven't spent a dime on birth control for her.

That's fine and all but life doesn't always work that way. Children don't always do everything that their parents advise them to do.

You don't have to tell that to the father of 4 children, 3 of whom survived to adulthood. My kids made mistakes, but I saw it as my responsibility to see that they never made the same one twice. My oldest son broke a window at a neighbor's house.
He did not get a time out. I didn't send him to counseling or make him go to bed early.
He moved everything out of the basement and cleaned and painted the floor. He never threw rocks at houses again.

You don't have to tell that to the father of 4 children, 3 of whom survived to adulthood. My kids made mistakes, but I saw it as my responsibility to see that they never made the same one twice. My oldest son broke a window at a neighbor's house.
He did not get a time out. I didn't send him to counseling or make him go to bed early.
He moved everything out of the basement and cleaned and painted the floor. He never threw rocks at houses again.

look, theres a whole lot of folks that pharmaceuticals are answers to, well a whole lot. the same folks who absolve parents of their kids poor attitude vis a vis education, bad behavior etc.

Liberals...go figure..
Obamacare, 26 year old "kids" need to be covered by their parents.
But 11 year old's are considered adult enough to be sexually active...
I wonder if these kids will be able to get the morning after pill without parental consent.

Last edited:

YOUR externalities effect everyone else. I raised MY kids without your help. Please do the same, or don't have any.

Re parental consent: I would beat to death anyone who gave my 11 year old daughter the "morning after pill" without my express approval.
Much better to see an 11 yo give birth.

Best of all, of course, is for 11-year-olds to not be sexually active.

Amazing how that simply doesn't occur to some people.

And by "amazing", I mean "sick and disturbing".

I did not need to worry about my daughter. I suggest you do what you can to keep your 11 year old not pregnant.

Forum List

Back