Quinn may OK morning-after contraceptive pill for 11-year-old middle-school girls

but for GAWDS sake let them have access to a homosexual therapy...IT CAN HARM THEM...progressives are evil people all the while spewing how much THEY CARE...11 year olds...what is wrong with you people in New York?

SNIP:
By BETH DEFALCO
Last Updated: 5:42 AM, August 21, 2013
Posted: 1:13 AM, August 21, 2013

It “can make some people uncomfortable,” but City Council Speaker Christine Quinn says she’s open to allowing middle-school girls as young as 11 to receive the morning-after contraceptive pill.

“This is a really important option we need to make accessible,” Quinn said yesterday after receiving a mayoral endorsement from the Planned Parenthood of New York City Political Committee.

“I understand it can make some people uncomfortable. We need to recognize the reality of what’s happening in children’s lives and give them what they need to make the right choices and protect themselves,” Quinn added.

'We need to recognize the reality of what’s happening in children’s lives and give them what they need to make the right choices.' - Christine Quinn
James Messerschmidt

'We need to recognize the reality of what’s happening in children’s lives and give them what they need to make the right choices.' - Christine Quinn

Quinn had previously supported dispensing Plan B pills to high-school girls in a first-of-its-kind pilot program started by the Bloomberg administration last year.

Both regular birth-control pills and emergency contraception became available to students as young as 14 without parental notification.

Parents were given the option of opting out — but only 3 percent did, according to the Health Department.

Quinn said an expansion to middle schools might be necessary down the road.

“I think that it may become a reality,” she said. “If that is what the data shows us would be most helpful, that is what we’ll do.”

For now, Quinn later told The Post, she’s content to keep the program limited to high schools.

Public schools here already distribute free condoms to students.

all of it here
Quinn may OK morning-after contraceptive pill for 11-year-old middle-school girls - NYPOST.com

They think the state knows how to handle our kids better than we do.

I think, eventually, the people who think like this will want us to hand over our children to state run agencies at birth for 16 hours a day, and then tax us at a 50% rate so they can pay the day care "professionals" who will raise our kids in the manner they see fit. I am serious here.

Forum List

Back