Questions about Ukraine

Ms. Turquoise

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2021
Why is President Biden sending American troops to help Ukraine? What is our vital interest there?
I watch the news to find answers to these questions, but haven't seen the answers yet.
Maybe you folks can help me out.

Why is President Biden sending American troops to help Ukraine? What is our vital interest there?
I watch the news to find answers to these questions, but haven't seen the answers yet.
No, he isn't. He send troops to help Poland and other NATO members.

No, he isn't. He send troops to help Poland and other NATO members.
But, I hear Ukraine is not a member of NATO. And Valdimir Putin would like to keep it that way because Ukraine is on Russia's border.
Does the Ukraine supply the USA with any necessary resources? Is there a strategic military reason for the USA to send troops to Ukraine?

It was always Russia's bread basket, it's agricultural output is a cash cow for whomever controls it. Also while Putin does correctly maintain that no one wants a return of the Soviet Union that doesn't mean he doesn't want to expand Russia's influence to encompass what the Soviets once had.
The news isn't going to tell you this mostly because they're either focused on which US political party it helps or hurts or they are simply clueless.

"10% for the Big Guy", you know. He owes it to them after they gave his crackhead son Hunter a cushy position on the board of a Ukrainian energy company. Plus he wants to keep all that evidence against his family out of the hands of the Russians.

Criminals often commit another crime to cover up a previous crime.

For those who ask: “Why does Ukraine matter
❓

This is why Ukraine matters.
🇺🇦

It is the second largest country by area in Europe by area and has a population of over 40 million - more than Poland.
Minerals:
🛢
🔋

Ukraine ranks:
⚗
1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
🎨
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
⚙
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
🔗
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
🧭
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
⛽
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
🌳
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
🔥
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)
Ukraine is an important agricultural country:
👨‍🌾
🚜

🌱
1st in Europe in terms of arable land.

🌱
1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
🪱
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
🌻
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
🌾
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
🌽
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
🥔
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
🌾
5th largest rye producer in the world;
🐝
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
🌾
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
🍳
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
🧀
16th place in the world in cheese exports.
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.
Ukraine is an important industrialised country:
🏢
🏣

🍀
1st in Europe in ammonia

❓

🇺🇦

It is the second largest country by area in Europe by area and has a population of over 40 million - more than Poland.
Minerals:
🛢
🔋

Ukraine ranks:
⚗
🎨
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
⚙
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
🔗
🧭
⛽
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
🌳
🔥
👨‍🌾
🚜

🌱
The Ukraine is also known as Europe's bread basket as well as Russia's bread basket.

The Ukraine is also known as Europe's bread basket as well as Russia's bread basket.

The thing about travelling in those regions, with man made borders, they used to be something else. For example, when I was going around Poland, at different stages of the journey, I was in former countries. Like Germany, and Ukraine, for instance. Poland has parts of former Ukraine.

And the antecedents still lay claim to those territories. And want them back.

The thing about travelling in those regions, with man made borders, they used to be something else. For example, when I was going around Poland, at different stages of the journey, I was in former countries. Like Germany, and Ukraine, for instance. Poland has parts of former Ukraine.

And the antecedents still lay claim to those territories. And want them back.
As I stated elsewhere Putin and Russia want back the old Soviet sphere of influence as well as destroy or castrate NATO if they can.

❓

🇺🇦

Minerals:
🛢
🔋

Ukraine ranks:
⚗
🎨
⚙
🔗
🧭
⛽
🌳
🔥
👨‍🌾
🚜

🌱
OK. Now I understand. I didn't realize Ukraine had so many natural resources.

Does the Ukraine supply the USA with any necessary resources? Is there a strategic military reason for the USA to send troops to Ukraine?
Good questions.. and still not answered. As mentioned, Putin clearly wants increased Russian control over what Ukraine's got due to geography and recent history. Of course Europe has strategic ("vital") interests at stake. But, indeed, why does Biden (or more accurately, the U.S. MIC) think we/it should have any real say in the matter other than dropping bombs and selling more weapons in the area to further enrich our billionaires/oligarchs?

But, I hear Ukraine is not a member of NATO. And Valdimir Putin would like to keep it that way because Ukraine is on Russia's border.
Good questions - especially with Biden sending US troops to the region.

for the fools who think Putin is the enemy of the world instead of Biden and Nato. GET A BRAIN.

Ukraine was part of the USSR, so it's no big deal if Russia gains control of it. It is a tragedy for the world when a country is invaded for no legitimate reasons.
Europe was not as reliant on Russia as it is today, so that's a difference in the equation.
The UN has always been a paper tiger.

Forum List

Back