Question on Politics and humor

Oct 12, 2011
Today I posted a thread about an article that appeared in the Huffington Post about how Herman Cain's so-called 9-9-9 plan has similarities to the tax structure in the video game SimCity. Two hours later another poster started a thread about the same thing. Her (I think the poster is female, if not I apologize :) post was sent to the Romper Room and then mine was deleted.

My question is, is political humor not okay here? I just recently registered and, before I get too comfortable I'd like to know. I can't reference my post because it's gone, but I can assure you: a. My post was meant to provoke a serious political discussion, while injecting humor; b. I wasn't trolling; c. it wasn't profane and d. I wasn't attacking anyone's mother. If that's the way it is here no biggie, I'll move on. Just let me know...

Ps. I know you have a rule about merging threads with related topics but I posted mine first. Also, why was the post that was not deleted sent to the Romper Room, because it contained humor?

If you're gonna source from the HuffPuff, it's wise to choose the Romper Room to start off. Save the mods the hassle of moving it.

:lmao:

If you're gonna source from the HuffPuff, it's wise to choose the Romper Room to start off. Save the mods the hassle of moving it.
-If you're speaking for the mods, thanks, I'll pass...

Today I posted a thread about an article that appeared in the Huffington Post about how Herman Cain's so-called 9-9-9 plan has similarities to the tax structure in the video game SimCity. Two hours later another poster started a thread about the same thing. Her (I think the poster is female, if not I apologize :) post was sent to the Romper Room and then mine was deleted.

My question is, is political humor not okay here? I just recently registered and, before I get too comfortable I'd like to know. I can't reference my post because it's gone, but I can assure you: a. My post was meant to provoke a serious political discussion, while injecting humor; b. I wasn't trolling; c. it wasn't profane and d. I wasn't attacking anyone's mother. If that's the way it is here no biggie, I'll move on. Just let me know...

Ps. I know you have a rule about merging threads with related topics but I posted mine first. Also, why was the post that was not deleted sent to the Romper Room, because it contained humor?

Looks like your thread was merged with another one. The poster posted yesterday with the same context as yours, hence....yours is part of the other.

-If you're speaking for the mods, thanks, I'll pass...

you best ignore any input "california girl" has to "offer".

and you also best ignore where threads are moved to.

you also best ignore me, as i am a sarcastic prick.

Looks like your thread was merged with another one. The poster posted yesterday with the same context as yours, hence....yours is part of the other.
-Thank's for getting back to me. To be clear, this is the post I am referring to that was made by another poster today, two hours after my post today:Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity?

As you can see, this post was made today. And like I explained, mine was made today about two hours prior to it (please refer to my message above for the details).

Out of curiosity, please provide me with a link to the post from yesterday that I was merged to, so that I can stand corrected; I couldn't find any such post when I looked-but then again, I can be a real idiot sometimes :)

Thanks, And sorry to be a problem child...
-----
Okay, after my post, I just read the "merged" thread, so I don't need a link to it. But still, why was it moved, and why was mine, the one first posted deleted? Was humor an issue?

Last edited:
-Thank's for getting back to me. To be clear, this is the post I am referring to that was made by another poster today, two hours after my post today:Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity?

As you can see, this post was made today. And like I explained, mine was made today about two hours prior to it (please refer to my message above for the details).

Out of curiosity, please provide me with a link to the post from yesterday that I was merged to, so that I can stand corrected; I couldn't find any such post when I looked-but then again, I can be a real idiot sometimes :)

-----
Okay, after my post, I just read the "merged" thread, so I don't need a link to it. But still, why was it moved, and why was mine, the one first posted deleted? Was humor an issue?

it looks like your thread was posted after the other one.

your OP is still there, it still has your headline.

-----

it looks like your thread was posted after the other one.

your OP is still there, it still has your headline.
-Nope, that's the thread I was merged into (with selective snippets of my original thread); the one another poster posted two(2)hours after mine and that was moved the the Romper Room. Whatever...

You need to learn how to use the quote system HR. PM me if you want help.

Forum List

Back