HELP--attachment pictures/video not working for me a supporting member?

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
I am a supporting member of US message board--and thought that my attachment pictures would automatically be larger--(easier to read)--and that my video links would be the video and not just a link?

It's not happening--is there something I need to do on my end? On other political sites I haven't had to do anything to re-size the pictures?

I contributed last month to the monthly amount --and am a yearly supporting member--but nothing seems to be working?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Last edited:
I am a supporting member of US message board--and thought that my attachment pictures would automatically be larger--(easier to read)--and that my video links would be the video and not just a link?

It's not happening--is there something I need to do on my end?

I contributed last month to the monthly amount --and am a yearly supporting member--but nothing seems to be working?

Are you trying to attach the pictures using the attachment button, or the image button?

As to the videos, are you using the hyperlink button, or are you pasting the youtube url in your reply?

Are you trying to attach the pictures using the attachment button, or the image button?

As to the videos, are you using the hyperlink button, or are you pasting the youtube url in your reply?

I am using what looks like the paper clip attachment link--and on the video I am just copying and pasting from Utube after I click on the share on the video youtube itself.

I am using what looks like the paper clip attachment link--and on the video I am just copying and pasting from Utube after I click on the share on the video youtube itself.

OK, here's what you want to do.

For the pictures, when you find the picture you want to post, right click on the url and select copy.

Then come back to USMB, and click on the yellow square with what looks like 2 mountains on the second line. You will get a pop-up window, just paste the url into it and select OK. That will give you the full size picture.

As to the youtubes, just copy the url from your browser address bar, and paste it into your reply here. The board software will handle the rest, and embed the video for you.

Hope this helps.

For the pictures, when you find the picture you want to post, right click on the url and select copy.

Then come back to USMB, and click on the yellow square with what looks like 2 mountains on the second line. You will get a pop-up window, just paste the url into it and select OK. That will give you the full size picture.

As to the youtubes, just copy the url from your browser address bar, and paste it into your reply here. The board software will handle the rest, and embed the video for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for you help--on my pics though--I usually just gather them up when I find them and keep them on my computer files--therefore there is no ULR. Is there anything else that can be done to re--size the picture--even just a little?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for you help--on my pics though--I usually just gather them up when I find them and keep them on my computer files--therefore there is no ULR. Is there anything else that can be done to re--size the picture--even just a little?

Not using the attachment button. That feature only posts in one size.

The only thing you could do is upload the picture to a site like photobucket and use that url for the image with the image button.

Hope this helps.

The only thing you could do is upload the picture to a site like photobucket and use that url for the image with the image button.

Thanks again Rat--but I just tried copying from the address bar on a u-tube video and it still didn't show the video--just the link to the video??

Thanks again Rat--but I just tried copying from the address bar on a u-tube video and it still didn't show the video--just the link to the video??

Are you just pasting the url into your reply like this...

http://w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s (without the spaces in the www part), or are you using the hyperlink button.

Here is the paste without the spaces...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s]Form Voltron - YouTube[/ame]

http://w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZv5Z2Iz_s (without the spaces in the www part), or are you using the hyperlink button.

No all I am doing is right clicking on the address bar to copy--then come back to the reply and paste it? no spaces--and I am not using the hyperlink button.

Last edited:

No all I am doing is right clicking on the address bar to copy--then come back to the reply and paste it? no spaces--and I am not using the hyperlink button.

Try posting an example here, and let me see what you are doing.

Form Voltron - YouTube

O.K.--I went to the 1st video I could find--right clicked on it--copied it from the address bar and here it is. I am going to just paste it here.

Danny Cline is Lotion Man - YouTube

I looked up the title, and here is the url I found and pasted.

http://w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aqv7TYSM0]Danny Cline is Lotion Man - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aqv7TYSM0]Danny Cline is Lotion Man - YouTube[/ame]

this is the url you are pasting

http://w w w.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=z3aqv7TYSM0

Your link had this added part in it..."NR=1&" that I can't figure out where it is coming from. Are you trying to copy from the youtube subscriber's subscription page? It may be something he put in to stop embedding. You should just search youtube itself for the title you are trying to paste, and use their url.

O.K.--I went to the 1st video I could find--right clicked on it--copied it from the address bar and here it is. I am going to just paste it here.

Rat thanks for your help--it's getting a little late now--so I am going to turn in. If you can think of what I am doing wrong--let me know. Just to let you know--it was working last week--I could post the video picture--and then all of a sudden it stopped working.

Rat thanks for your help--it's getting a little late now--so I am going to turn in. If you can think of what I am doing wrong--let me know. Just to let you know--it was working last week--I could post the video picture--and then all of a sudden it stopped working.

Anytime, just trying to help. But I may have an idea what is going on. Are you getting these videos from another website or a blog? they may be changing the original youtube addresses when they embed them. You may need to search the titles on youtube itself to get a workable url.

With all this seriousness, I don't want to lose my reputation as the lovable goof. So here's a bit of fun.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQOt8eOPr4k]Subtitled "How to speak with an irish accent" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg&feature=player_embedded]Blazing Saddles... You know, morons. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwYj9gQoaug&feature=fvw]Now Go Get Your Shine Box - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Anytime, just trying to help. But I may have an idea what is going on. Are you getting these videos from another website or a blog? they may be changing the original youtube addresses when they embed them. You may need to search the titles on youtube itself to get a workable url.

Normally I go right back to utube to copy it--I'll keep trying and let you know how it works out. It must be something I am doing wrong??

New Topics

Forum List

Back