Zone1 Man's first question to God. Am I my brother's keeper?

Why wouldn't an omniscient god know that?
It's not about what God knew, but pointing out what Cain did not know....First death...Cain, what did you do with Abel's spirit? I'm guessing Cain did not know. Shouldn't that question trouble Cain? When Cain struck Abel, did he know Abel would die or what would become of him after death?

For years scholars have discussed and debated this. The question that comes up is, when we give, do we give what that person wanted--or do we give what we want to give?

Picture Abel offering his best sheep. Did Cain offer his best, or did he gather his surplus fruit--imagine there was a lot of it--and offer that?

It is a question people of faith ask themselves a lot: Am I giving God what He wants, or am I simply giving what I want to give? There is a difference, and sometimes a large difference between the two.
How many firstborn sheep have you offered your god today?
Have you ever demanded sacrifices from others unto you that you clearly didn't need?
Who does that?
Does imagining things about such vague mythology really help promote the Golden Rule?

It's not about what God knew, but pointing out what Cain did not know....First death...Cain, what did you do with Abel's spirit? I'm guessing Cain did not know. Shouldn't that question trouble Cain? When Cain struck Abel, did he know Abel would die or what would become of him after death?
None of that changes the fact that an alleged omniscient god didn't know where Abel was.

How many firstborn sheep have you offered your god today?
Have you ever demanded sacrifices from others unto you that you clearly didn't need?
Who does that?
Does imagining things about such vague mythology really help promote the Golden Rule?
What sacrifice do Christians offer God? Do you know?

If Cain wasn't thinking about what happens after death, then he had something to learn. God's question should have given him something to think over.
But God didn't teach him anything about the afterlife. He didn't teach Cain about anything.

But God didn't teach him anything about the afterlife. He didn't teach Cain about anything.
You don't think that God's question gave Cain something to ponder? What if you were the first person to see death. And it was your brother. Wouldn't you wonder what was happening when your brother did not get up?

How would you answer God's question? I'm pretty sure mine would be, "I don't know. Do you know? Can you tell me? Did he go into another body? Where is he?"

You don't think that God's question gave Cain something to ponder? What if you were the first person to see death. And it was your brother. Wouldn't you wonder what was happening when your brother did not get up?

How would you answer God's question? I'm pretty sure mine would be, "I don't know. Do you know? Can you tell me? Did he go into another body? Where is he?"
The Bible doesn't record Cain's thoughts. He could have just shrugged it off. The Bible also doesn't show God using it to teach Cain anything.

If Cain wasn't thinking about what happens after death, then he had something to learn. God's question should have given him something to think over.

I see them as weapons of mass indoctrination.
If one fears indoctrination, then they must be aware they are easily indoctrinated.

For years I have enjoyed family genealogy and the stories that have survived. Would you assign that as indoctrination? The Bible is merely a genealogy of mankind and the stories that have survived. I find them interesting--what they learned from their lives that they felt worth passing along to a future generation.

Forum List

Back