Zone1 Man's first question to God. Am I my brother's keeper?

(1) That is why I am guilt-ridden.

(2) On September 25, 2022, my beloved brother had a medical emergency. I made three stupid decisions regarding his treatment that were fatal to him.

(3) We two brothers were very close and were each other's keeper during eight decades.

(4) I am mortified that I let him down.
No, no, no. Were your decisions malicious or out of a love and fear for your brother? Would your brother hold you responsible? It is an unfortunate situation, but put it in the past where it belongs and dwell instead on what a blessing you two were to each other.
Forgive yourself, to honor your brother. It's what he would want.

None of that changes the fact that an alleged omniscient god didn't know where Abel was.
It was to let Cain know that God did know where Abel was.
If a child sneaks his Popsicle out of the freezer without asking, and you see the wrapper in the trash, you could say to the child, "Where is your Popsicle?" even though you already know he ate it. Or, "What have you done?" even though you know what he did.

Genesis 4:9
And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

As mans first question to God, I believe that it is an important question. To my knowledge, all of the Abrahamic religions have answered this question with YES. The Lords reaction to Cains response is telling. It was not the murder of his brother Abel that brought down the wrath of God on Cain, but rather the mocking nature of Cain's response.
I see it a bit differently.

I see the story of the Garden of Eden to explain how sin came into the world. Individual sin.

I see the story of Cain and Abel to explain how sin spread into the family or immediate community. A 'keeper' was the the shepherd or other who watched over and managed the flocks. Cain's remark "Am I my brother's keeper" can easily be interpreted and most likely should be interpreted that one person should not be the keeper or owner of another, i.e. he had no responsibility or reason to know his brother's whereabouts. The sin was not that accurate observation, but rather was the murder as well as his denial of the murder.

Moving forward, the story of Noah explains how sin had spread into the larger community and the consequences of that.

The story of the Tower of Babel explains how sin spread into the entire world.

I see it a bit differently.

I see the story of the Garden of Eden to explain how sin came into the world. Individual sin.

I see the story of Cain and Abel to explain how sin spread into the family or immediate community. A 'keeper' was the the shepherd or other who watched over and managed the flocks. Cain's remark "Am I my brother's keeper" can easily be interpreted and most likely should be interpreted that one person should not be the keeper or owner of another, i.e. he had no responsibility or reason to know his brother's whereabouts. The sin was not that accurate observation, but rather was the murder as well as his denial of the murder.

Moving forward, the story of Noah explains how sin had spread into the larger community and the consequences of that.

The story of the Tower of Babel explains how sin spread into the entire world.
The tower of Babel is about the collapse of literacy.

The Jewish version of God calls for killing the firstborn or all the Canaanites. It's pretty awful. What's the lesson for Israel today?
Anyone else ever wonder why Pharaoh (a firstborn) wasn't killed that Passover? Or, why in one place the Bible says a people were totally wiped out, only to have them reappear a few verses/chapters later?

Anyone else ever wonder why Pharaoh (a firstborn) wasn't killed that Passover? Or, why in one place the Bible says a people were totally wiped out, only to have them reappear a few verses/chapters later?

Lol 😂😂😂 YES! Lots of different authors over a many years.

Because the whole thing is a work of fiction by multiple authors, multiple editors, and multiple translators. It's bound to be filled with inconsistencies and plot holes.

Because the whole thing is a work of fiction by multiple authors, multiple editors, and multiple translators. It's bound to be filled with inconsistencies and plot holes.
That all may be true, but I there are valid points and lessons to each story. Our ancestors were great story-tellers, and we don't have anything like them today. Absolutely Biblical stories have historical inaccuracies and missing perspectives, but they also contain serious truths.

That all may be true, but I there are valid points and lessons to each story. Our ancestors were great story-tellers, and we don't have anything like them today. Absolutely Biblical stories have historical inaccuracies and missing perspectives, but they also contain serious truths.

They also borrowed stories from Babylon, Sumer, Egypt, Dilmun and Ras Shamra.

The tower of Babel is about the collapse of literacy.
Picture39.png

Picture40.png

Picture41.png

Picture42.png

Picture43.png

Picture2.png

Picture1.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture7.png

Picture35.png

Picture36.png