Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

Democrats??

2/3 of the nation support keeping abortion legal

And Kansas made that pretty clear

then why do you libs fear letting the people of each state decide it by a vote? Because you know that your 2/3 support is a LIE.
Because it WON'T be put to a vote. Especially after Kansas.

It will be decided by right wing Governors and legislatures.

Where did all those trigger laws in red states come from? Were they ballot initiatives?

No they were not.

Besides...basic rights shouldn't be put to the whims of voters. Do we vote on freedom of speech?

Would you folks be comfortable with states putting the 2A or its interpretation up for a referendum??

Last edited:
Because it WON'T be put to a vote. Especially after Kansas.

It will be decided by right wing Governors and legislatures.

Where did all those trigger laws in red states come from? Were they ballot initiatives?

No they were not.

Besides...basic right shouldn't be put to the whims of voters. Do we vote on freedom of speech?

Would you folks be comfortable with states putting the 2A or its interpretation up for a referendum??
your error is calling abortion a basic right. Quote the language in the constitution that makes abortion a basic constitutional right. or stop lying about that.

On voting, do you think the 2020 election vote was decided by the voters? or was it decided by preprogrammed vote counting machines?

I am not advocating for the legislatures or governors
of the states to make the decision, I want a referendum in each state decided by the voters of that state.

your error is calling abortion a basic right.
For 50 years the Supreme Court recognized it as such
On voting, do you think the 2020 election vote was decided by the voters? or was it decided by preprogrammed vote counting machines?
So you want it to come up for a vote but you don't trust....voting. Fuck off
I am not advocating for the legislatures or governors
of the states to make the decision, I want a referendum in each state decided by the voters of that state.
You just said you don't trust voting.

And oh yea...that won't happen after the debacle in Kansas.

For 50 years the Supreme Court recognized it as such

So you want it to come up for a vote but you don't trust....voting. Fuck off

You just said you don't trust voting.

And oh yea...that won't happen after the debacle in Kansas.
and the SC now said that ruling was flawed and that it is NOT a federal constitutional issue. I trust voting, I do not trust the dominion voting machines that flipped millions of votes in the middle of the night.

How exactly does a candidate's vote total go down during the night? and the other candidate's vote total go up by exactly the same number? Biden did not win in 2020, but the coup was successful and old senile criminal now sits in the white house getting his strained baby food and shitting in his pants.

and the SC now said that ruling was flawed and that it is NOT a federal constitutional issue. I trust voting, I do not trust the dominion voting machines that flipped millions of votes in the middle of the night.
Yea...a Supreme Court with three new members chosen to MAKE that ruling...

And Dominion machines can't flip votes dumbass. They COUNT paper ballots.

They can't change those paper ballots. And when the paper ballots are counted independent of the Dominion COUNTING machines...the results are the same.

Stop believing shit because you WANT to believe it rather than because it's a fact

They are for it because Republicans are against it. They pretty much want the opposite to extreme degrees. If Republicans were pro rain the Democrats would spend 8 trillion dollars to try and stop rain and pay "experts" to find examples of how rain is bad.

Yea...a Supreme Court with three new members chosen to MAKE that ruling...

And Dominion machines can't flip votes dumbass. They COUNT paper ballots.

They can't change those paper ballots. And when the paper ballots are counted independent of the Dominion COUNTING machines...the results are the same.

Stop believing shit because you WANT to believe it rather than because it's a fact
LOL, you are so naive and brainwashed. The dominion execs left the country as their corruption was being exposed. Why would innocent people flee the country? The machines were programmed to miscount the votes, that has been proven. The only reason that Hillary lost is that the machines did not flip enough votes for her to win. Thats why she was so angry after the election, she was promised a win by dominion and they did not deliver. They were in fear for their lives so they ran. But in 2020 they changed the programming so Biden could not lose and Hillary was even more pissed about that.

2020 was not an election, it was a successful coup of the US government

Slavery was legal for 87 years. Your point?
The only logical conclusion is that that poster says If something is recognized as a right for 50 years, it IS a right, whther the Constitution says so or not..

that's some logic there..

but we always knew dimrats are logic-averse

men make mistakes.. hence the reason we have over-turns of BAD Court decisions like Roe-

then why do you libs fear letting the people of each state decide it by a vote? Because you know that your 2/3 support is a LIE.
We don't fear a vote on the right of Privacy.

We believe that it is a right, not a whim of politicians to vote on.

We don't fear a vote on the right of Privacy.

We believe that it is a right, not a whim of politicians to vote on.
when did murder become a right? WTF does abortion have to do with privacy? Let the voters of each state decide how abortion will be handled in their state. Again, why do you fear the will of the people?

We see it as a human right. Women are the actual human beings and it's their decision whether they want to remain pregnant or not, especially in early pregnancy, before there's a fetus or a developing fetus that can exist outside of the womb. I don't just see a woman's right to abort the pregnancy as an essential human right for women, but I also see the so-called "pro-life" advocates as hypocritical. They claim to be pro-life but then support government policies that undermine a single mother's access to healthcare and all of the resources she needs to adequately provide for her children. If the so-called "pro-lifers", were actually more concerned for single mothers and their children, rather than just the life of fetuses, I would consider their point of view on the value of life in the womb more seriously. But they seem not to give a hoot about life outside of the womb, it's mostly the life of embryos and fetuses that they're concerned with so I will never accept criminalizing abortion while they continue undermining a single mother's ability to raise her children.

If we had a strong, well-developed social safety net for the working class, including single mothers, maybe we could compromise on the issue of abortion and limit it to when a woman is raped or to avoid a health crisis or medical emergency. But, as long as the pro-life people continue advancing neo-liberal, capitalist policies that hurt the working class, leftists like me will never agree to ban abortions. You have to start being more considerate towards single mothers, women in general, and the working class before I take your pro-life stance seriously and worthy of my consideration. A woman's well-being, healthwise, financially..etc, will always take precedence over the supposed interests and prerogatives of zygotes, embryos, and fetuses.

Last edited:
Not all children are adopted and foster care is usually poor. Women have many valid reasons for not carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term. Many are unwanted accidents. In any case we don't get to play God. In ancient times unwanted infants were exposed to the elements if the tribe couldn't feed them.
Then the whore should keep her legs closed. Well I guess she would be worse than a whore, as a whore would use birth control and not murder the innocent.

Then the whore should keep her legs closed. Well I guess she would be worse than a whore, as a whore would use birth control and not murder the innocent.

Trump bragged that he never used birth control. Do you or are you a whore?

We see it as a human right. Women are the actual human beings and it's their decision whether they want to remain pregnant or not, especially in early pregnancy, before there's a fetus or a developing fetus that can exist outside of the womb. I don't just see a woman's right to abort the pregnancy as an essential human right for women, but I also see the so-called "pro-life" advocates as hypocritical. They claim to be pro-life but then support government policies that undermine a single mother's access to healthcare and all of the resources she needs to adequately provide for her children. If the so-called "pro-lifers", were actually more concerned for single mothers and their children, rather than just the life of fetuses, I would consider their point of view on the value of life in the womb more seriously. But they seem not to give a hoot about life outside of the womb, it's mostly the life of embryos and fetuses that they're concerned with so I will never accept criminalizing abortion while they continue undermining a single mother's ability to raise her children.

If we had a strong, well-developed social safety net for the working class, including single mothers, maybe we could compromise on the issue of abortion and limit it to when a woman is raped or to avoid a health crisis or medical emergency. But, as long as the pro-life people continue advancing neo-liberal, capitalist policies that hurt the working class, leftists like me will never agree to ban abortions. You have to start being more considerate towards single mothers, women in general, and the working class before I take your pro-life stance seriously and worthy of my consideration. A woman's well-being, healthwise, financially..etc, will always take precedence over the supposed interests and prerogatives of zygotes, embryos, and fetuses.
Tell it to God. You will get your chance.

Forum List

Back