Zone1 Question for Evangelicals

I'm not aware of the bible endorsing any party or candidate. This OP lists 7 specific sins God sees as an abomination. Are those sins justified now?
No. The question is, why do you expect Evangelicals to refuse to support a candidate because he's a sinner? They're not voting for him to be their pastor, after all, and like I said, none of the presidents have been free from sin.

You know that if all the millions of Evangelicals insisted that their candidate be a highly moral person and voted as a bloc, you'd find it objectionable and be screaming "Theocracy!".

No one is perfect, and we all sin. God has even been known to use men with some flaws to do great things, but there are seven sins that God points out that he specifically hates, and are an abomination to him. These sins are specifically pointed out. In proverbs 6:12-15, Solomon talks about a wicked man who is

A worthless person, a wicked man, Walks with a perverse mouth; He winks with his eyes, He shuffles his feet, He points with his fingers; Perversity is in his heart, He devises evil continually, He sows discord. Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly; Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.

Starting in verse 16, he lists the seven sins that that worthless person practices and that God specifically hates.

1. A proud look. Arrogance. A sense that he is better than others.
2. A lying tongue.
3. Hands that shed innocent blood. Refusing to act to save innocent lives when
you know the danger is eminent.
4. A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations.
5. Feet that be swift in running to mischief.
6. A false witness that speaketh lies.
7. He that seweth discord among the brethren.

Knowing that trump has repeatedly been shown to exemplify all the above listed abominations to God,
how can evangelicals, or any person who claims to love God support such a man for the leader of our country? Especially in the light of him recently calling Iowa evangelicals “so called Christians” and “pieces of shit”
Which if any are you completely innocent of in your life span?

I am participating by asking you why anyone should have to justify their beliefs to liberals.
Liberals don't seem to hold strong beliefs as seen by the support for Hamas who kills gays and subjugates women.
You don't have to justify anything to anyone, especially me. I asked the question to better understand the evangelical point of view. Nobody seems to have an answer as to why those seven specific sins don't matter any more.

Then you have no problem with Evangelicals deciding that TRUMP! would be the better leader for the country than Hillary would? Sounds like you do and want them to vote for someone else.
Vote for who you want. I'm just asking why. If you are uncomfortable discussing how you can justify voting for someone who exemplifies all seven specific sins God sees as an abomination, then you don't have to. Your claims that you go by what the bible says will lose credibility though.

No. The question is, why do you expect Evangelicals to refuse to support a candidate because he's a sinner? They're not voting for him to be their pastor, after all, and like I said, none of the presidents have been free from sin.

You know that if all the millions of Evangelicals insisted that their candidate be a highly moral person and voted as a bloc, you'd find it objectionable and be screaming "Theocracy!".
They are voting for him because he promised to nominate supreme court justices who would overturn R v W. A purely contractual business deal.

I am interested in how Evangelicals justify voting for a candidate who exemplifies the seven specific sins God sees as an abomination. Didn't you read the OP?
Exemplifies according to whom?

God has worked with many broken people who have had the failings you list. Has it crossed your mind the reason God abhors these things is because what they do to the individual who does them?

Abraham lied. Peter lied.
Moses and David were two who killed.
Jacob cheated and deceived.
Etc., but you probably see the point.

The news media most guilty of sowing discord in the years 2016-2020.

I am not an Evangelical, but I wouldn't be surprised if many of them saw the good things God could accomplish via Donald Trump despite President Trump being no better than Abraham, Moses, David, Jacob, Peter...

Vote for who you want. I'm just asking why. If you are uncomfortable discussing how you can justify voting for someone who exemplifies all seven specific sins God sees as an abomination, then you don't have to. Your claims that you go by what the bible says will lose credibility though.
Where does the Bible instruct anyone on how to vote for politicians? Unless I'm mistaken, you profess to not follow the Bible, so why are you trying to say it directs people on how to vote?

I'd like to see chapter and verse, please.

They are voting for him because he promised to nominate supreme court justices who would overturn R v W. A purely contractual business deal.
I don't recall seeing you in the meeting. I do believe you're just making all that up.

You don't have to justify anything to anyone, especially me. I asked the question to better understand the evangelical point of view. Nobody seems to have an answer as to why those seven specific sins don't matter any more.
Your premise is incorrect. That's why you're not going to get an answer you want to hear.

Where does the Bible instruct anyone on how to vote for politicians? Unless I'm mistaken, you profess to not follow the Bible, so why are you trying to say it directs people on how to vote?

I'd like to see chapter and verse, please.
Please link to where I told you who to vote for.

No one is perfect, and we all sin. God has even been known to use men with some flaws to do great things, but there are seven sins that God points out that he specifically hates, and are an abomination to him. These sins are specifically pointed out. In proverbs 6:12-15, Solomon talks about a wicked man who is

A worthless person, a wicked man, Walks with a perverse mouth; He winks with his eyes, He shuffles his feet, He points with his fingers; Perversity is in his heart, He devises evil continually, He sows discord. Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly; Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.

Starting in verse 16, he lists the seven sins that that worthless person practices and that God specifically hates.

1. A proud look. Arrogance. A sense that he is better than others.
2. A lying tongue.
3. Hands that shed innocent blood. Refusing to act to save innocent lives when
you know the danger is eminent.
4. A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations.
5. Feet that be swift in running to mischief.
6. A false witness that speaketh lies.
7. He that seweth discord among the brethren.

Knowing that trump has repeatedly been shown to exemplify all the above listed abominations to God,
how can evangelicals, or any person who claims to love God support such a man for the leader of our country? Especially in the light of him recently calling Iowa evangelicals “so called Christians” and “pieces of shit”
So Democrats absolutely are far worse how do you vote for them?

Please link to where I told you who to vote for.
No, you're claiming that Evangelicals shouldn't vote for people because they commit sin, and you cite the Bible as your source for those sins. From where do you get the idea that if people vote for a sinner, the sin no longer matters, especially given that you would shriek bloody murder if the Evangelicals all voted as a bloc and insisted on their candidates meeting a certain moral standard?

God uses sinners the most for good if you know your Bible. And Trump did more changes for biblical values than any modern day POTUS, no matter where he stands with God.
What biblical value changes did he make, other that the RvW judges?

Forum List

Back