Queen Elizabeth Death Discussion Thread

12 years of conservatism has reduced us all to poverty. You are fucking ignorant.

The conservatives have really been impotent in the UK- the nation is still burdened by a risky socialized medicine scheme as well as homo marriage and other crazy liberal shit.

I have no animosity towards her, nor any allegiance. Her son Chuck is a total piece of shit though. Anyway, I hope the best for her and that she recovers at least long enough to make it past 100. I'd like to make it to be 100 at least, especially as I approach 50. If I get to live to 80 I'll want to make it to160.

So just for shits and giggles and because I have limey DNA;

God Save The Queen.

Mate its like North Korea. The BBC have cleared the schedules and are showing pix of Liz being queeny.
The bastards even cancelled "Bargain Hunt".
Its unbearable.

Yanno, that's something that pisses me off as well. When the broadcast stations decide that something is "newsworthy" even though most people don't, and then they cancel all the good shows that I like to watch, just so they can have various "experts" and talking heads, or show clips from past events as "coverage" of an "important event".

Sorry, but I'd rather have my television shows, they seem to be more informative and are vastly more entertaining. If it's really important, give 5 min quick updates every half hour or so, and let the rest of us get on with our lives. If it becomes something that is changing minute to minute (and is still something important), THEN go ahead and pre-empt the regularly scheduled programming.

Example: Coverage of the events that unfolded on 9/11 as they happened warranted pre-empting everything, as it was something important and we all needed to know. Coverage of the riots in the cities, or the ones that happened in the Capitol could have been of the 5 min every half hour variety, as events didn't change that quickly. Coverage of the Mar a Lago raid could have been a major portion of the nightly news, but not more than that.

I care. I love tradition even if it's an antiquated system. The Queen lived through and met 13 out of 14 presidents and many PMs including Churchhill. She's lead an amazing life.

What has she actually accomplished in life, other than to passively occupy a meaningless sinecure?

What has she done for the benefit of her country and her subjects?

Yup it looks like this is it. Our paedo enabling Queen is on he way out and will be replaced by her corrupt son. He accepts payments in cash wrapped up in carrier bags,
Even republicans are putting on a sad face for fear of the backlash.
And i dont get it.
She has lived a life of luxury whilst ignoring the suffering of the people. She hasnt lifted a finger to alleviate any of this.
The tories murdered thousands of old people during covid and there were no state funerals for them.
Time to end this worn out relic and install a republic based on meritocracy

Hog wash. Do you know how many BILLIONS of dollars annually the whole "Royal" thing brings to your country in tourist dollars? It brings that money to all parts of your society. So people in England have been suffering for the Queens entire life huh? Sounds like you only choose to look at one side of the coin.

Hog wash. Do you know how many BILLIONS of dollars annually the whole "Royal" thing brings to your country in tourist dollars? It brings that money to all parts of your society. So people in England have been suffering for the Queens entire life huh? Sounds like you only choose to look at one side of the coin.
Royalist nonsense. Paris is the world tourism capital centuries after they got rid of their leeches.

But at the end of the day, both have a head of state, both have a rubbish electoral system. Doesn't change much, other than the UK has more political parties than the US and a more stable head of state....

I don't know that I would call their head of state stable. They seem to change prime ministers like underwear. Plus, it seems like they can pretty much call an election whenever they want, can't they?

Yanno, that's something that pisses me off as well. When the broadcast stations decide that something is "newsworthy" even though most people don't, and then they cancel all the good shows that I like to watch, just so they can have various "experts" and talking heads, or show clips from past events as "coverage" of an "important event".

Sorry, but I'd rather have my television shows, they seem to be more informative and are vastly more entertaining. If it's really important, give 5 min quick updates every half hour or so, and let the rest of us get on with our lives. If it becomes something that is changing minute to minute (and is still something important), THEN go ahead and pre-empt the regularly scheduled programming.

Example: Coverage of the events that unfolded on 9/11 as they happened warranted pre-empting everything, as it was something important and we all needed to know. Coverage of the riots in the cities, or the ones that happened in the Capitol could have been of the 5 min every half hour variety, as events didn't change that quickly. Coverage of the Mar a Lago raid could have been a major portion of the nightly news, but not more than that.
Its worse than that. The BBC has a 24 hour news channel to show all of this shit. Yet they still disruot BBC1. Its the dying act of a corrupt hierarchy

Of course no other news is being covered on the day that the govt puts everyone in debt by subsidising the oil companies.

Royalist nonsense. Paris is the world tourism capital centuries after they got rid of their leeches.

I think you would miss having them around to bitch about honestly... dont give up the Leech you know for the Leech you havnt met yet. It could be worse.

Forum List

Back