Putin and Bibi and the S-300 Mi$$ile$

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Although the odds look slim, Netanyahu will do his best to discourage the Russians from selling advanced anti-aircraft missiles to Syria; Putin has also pledged to oppose any NATO bombing campaign against Syria modeled after the balkanization of Libya.

"Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu sets off for the Black Sea town of Sochi early next week for a personal call on President Vladimir Putin. This was confirmed Saturday, May 11 by the Russian president’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov, who declined to explain the urgency of the unplanned meeting.

"DEBKAfile’s Moscow sources report that Netanyahu asked to meet Putin without delay for a last-ditch attempt to persuade him to call off the sale to Syria of advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missiles."

"The Russian president, in a phone call he put in to the Israeli premier on May 7 when the latter was visiting Shanghai, warned Israel against any further attacks on Syria."

He later spurned the approaches by Western leaders by stating that Moscow would never permit another US-led NATO air campaign against Assad like the one that overthrew Muammar Qaddafi in Libya in 2011.

"He added that Russian arms sales to Syria and Iran were Moscow’s response to the large arms packages US Defense Minister Chuck Hagel brought to Israel and US Gulf allies in the last week of April."

Netanyahu to visit Putin in a bid to stop his S-300 missile sale to Syria

Last edited:
Although the odds look slim, Netanyahu will do his best to discourage the Russians from selling advanced anti-aircraft missiles to Syria; Putin has also pledged to oppose any NATO bombing campaign against Syria modeled after the balkanization of Libya.

"Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu sets off for the Black Sea town of Sochi early next week for a personal call on President Vladimir Putin. This was confirmed Saturday, May 11 by the Russian president’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov, who declined to explain the urgency of the unplanned meeting.

"DEBKAfile’s Moscow sources report that Netanyahu asked to meet Putin without delay for a last-ditch attempt to persuade him to call off the sale to Syria of advanced S-300 anti-aircraft missiles."

"The Russian president, in a phone call he put in to the Israeli premier on May 7 when the latter was visiting Shanghai, warned Israel against any further attacks on Syria."

He later spurned the approaches by Western leaders by stating that Moscow would never permit another US-led NATO air campaign against Assad like the one that overthrew Muammar Qaddafi in Libya in 2011.

"He added that Russian arms sales to Syria and Iran were Moscow’s response to the large arms packages US Defense Minister Chuck Hagel brought to Israel and US Gulf allies in the last week of April."

Yes, Georgie Boy, we know how hot you are for the Syrians to get these missiles so that they can use them against Israel. You have not a care in the world that approximately 100,000 people have perished in this Civil War so far as long as the Syrians use missiles against Israel. In fact, if Georgie Boy knew that all the neighborhood Arab countries had missiles aimed at Israel, he would be one happy fellow. At heart, Georgie Boy is really a warmonger if those he hates are being taken out.

Is it my imagination or did MAD prevent WWIII for much of our lives?

"Israel will be forced to think twice before attacking the S-300 batteries for fear of hitting the Russian officers. Putin is therefore placing a severe constraint on Israel’s operational freedom by spreading an anti-air missile cover over the Syrian, Hizballah and the Iranian Basij forces fighting for Bashar Assad.
Since the chances of dissuading Putin to abandon this strategy are just about nil, the best Netanyahu can hope for by his face-to-face with the Russian president is a limited accord on ground rules for averting an Israeli-Russian military clash in Syria."

Remember when James Baker promised the Russians that NATO would not expand "one inch to the east" when the Wall fell? I don't know how much of this report is posturing for domestic consumption in Russia and Israel, but I don't think the Russians will allow too many more hostile military bases to encircle their homeland.

Would you if you were in their shoes?

"Israel will be forced to think twice before attacking the S-300 batteries for fear of hitting the Russian officers. Putin is therefore placing a severe constraint on Israel’s operational freedom by spreading an anti-air missile cover over the Syrian, Hizballah and the Iranian Basij forces fighting for Bashar Assad.
Since the chances of dissuading Putin to abandon this strategy are just about nil, the best Netanyahu can hope for by his face-to-face with the Russian president is a limited accord on ground rules for averting an Israeli-Russian military clash in Syria."

Remember when James Baker promised the Russians that NATO would not expand "one inch to the east" when the Wall fell? I don't know how much of this report is posturing for domestic consumption in Russia and Israel, but I don't think the Russians will allow too many more hostile military bases to encircle their homeland.

Russian officers are not a deterrent. How many Russian personnel do you think died when Israel bombed Iraqi and Syrian re-actors? Russia wouldn't admit to any Russian deaths in Syria now.

Russian officers are not a deterrent. How many Russian personnel do you think died when Israel bombed Iraqi and Syrian re-actors? Russia wouldn't admit to any Russian deaths in Syria now.
Russia could hardly lie about it now.
100,000 dead Syrian freedom fighters, remember.
The world is watching...online.
I don't remember how many Russians died when the IDF hit Syria's reactor or even when that occurred, but I suspect there were fewer NATO bases encircling the Russian homeland than there are today. If Russians die in Syria at the hand of Jew, Jews will die in Israel from Russian payback. And then what?

Cuban missile crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia?

I don't remember how many Russians died when the IDF hit Syria's reactor or even when that occurred, but I suspect there were fewer NATO bases encircling the Russian homeland than there are today. If Russians die in Syria at the hand of Jew, Jews will die in Israel from Russian payback. And then what?

You really think that Russia would attack Israel ?? That's not going to happen

And I say Russians died in those bombings of the reactors at the hands of Israeli pilots with no payback and if Russian missles were in Syria, there were Russian technicians with the missiles and they died too. And Russia won't do squat about it. You can take that to the bank.

What would stop Russia from killing Jews in revenge for Russian deaths in Syria, Obama or Bibi?

And I say Russians died in those bombings of the reactors at the hands of Israeli pilots with no payback and if Russian missles were in Syria, there were Russian technicians with the missiles and they died too. And Russia won't do squat about it. You can take that to the bank.
Would that bank be in Pyongyang

"On April 22, 2004, a massive explosion occurred on a North Korean freight train heading for the port of Namp'o. According to British intelligence writer Gordon Thomas, the Mossad had learned that dozens of Syrian nuclear technicians were in a compartment adjoining a sealed wagon.

"According to Thomas, the Syrians had arrived in North Korea to collect the fissionable material stored in the wagon. All of the technicians were killed in the train explosion. Their bodies were flown to Syria in lead-encased coffins aboard a Syrian military plane.

"A wide area around the explosion site was cordoned off for days as North Korean soldiers in anti-contamination suits collected wreckage and sprayed the area.

"Mossad analysts suspected they were trying to recover weapons-grade plutonium.

"Since the explosion, the Mossad tracked about a dozen trips by Syrian military officers and scientists to Pyongyang, where they met with high-ranking North Korean officials..."

"On 14 October The New York Times cited U.S. and Israeli military intelligence sources saying that the target had been a nuclear reactor under construction by North Korean technicians, with a number of the technicians having been killed in the strike.[34]

"On December 2 The Sunday Times quoted Uzi Even, a professor at Tel Aviv University and a founder of the Negev Nuclear Research Center, saying that he believes that the Syrian site was built to process plutonium and assemble a nuclear bomb, using weapons-grade plutonium originally from North Korea."

Syria and North Korea...

What would stop Russia from killing Jews in revenge for Russian deaths in Syria, Obama or Bibi?

The fact that retaliation would be severe ....

"According to the Federation of American Scientists, a renowned organization for assessing nuclear weapon stockpiles, Russia possesses the largest stockpile of weapons of mass destruction in the world.[2] The organization also claims that Russia has 4,650 active nuclear warheads, while the U.S. has 2,468.[1] Other sources however say that the U.S. has more nuclear warheads and the actual numbers remain a subject of estimations and ongoing constant discussion depending on their respective source."

Russia and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"According to the Federation of American Scientists, a renowned organization for assessing nuclear weapon stockpiles, Russia possesses the largest stockpile of weapons of mass destruction in the world.[2] The organization also claims that Russia has 4,650 active nuclear warheads, while the U.S. has 2,468.[1] Other sources however say that the U.S. has more nuclear warheads and the actual numbers remain a subject of estimations and ongoing constant discussion depending on their respective source."

Russia and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL Who in their right mind would suggest the Russia would nuke Israel, knowing full well they would get nuked back.
Get real !!

Have we forgotten the Five-Day War...

"The Russia–Georgia War of 2008 (also known as the Five-Day War, 2008 South Ossetia Conflict or August War) was an armed conflict in August 2008 between Georgia on one side, and Russia and the separatist governments of South Ossetia and Abkhazia on the other."

The very last thing Israel wants is a fight with someone big enough to hit back.

Russia?Georgia war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The Russia–Georgia War of 2008 (also known as the Five-Day War, 2008 South Ossetia Conflict or August War) was an armed conflict in August 2008 between Georgia on one side, and Russia and the separatist governments of South Ossetia and Abkhazia on the other."

The very last thing Israel wants is a fight with someone big enough to hit back.

Or course Israel doesn't want a fight. But neither does Russia I would imagine .

But I simply don't see the death of some Russians in Syria working with the Syrian military as a result of IAF military strikes on SYRIAN TARGETS , as a reason for Russia to attack Israel. IF a situation like that would occur, you really think Russia would start an all out war ?

Or course Israel doesn't want a fight. But neither does Russia I would imagine .8

But I simply don't see the death of some Russians in Syria working with the Syrian military as a result of IAF military strikes on SYRIAN TARGETS , as a reason for Russia to attack Israel. IF a situation like that would occur, you really think Russia would start an all out war ?
This is about Russia selling missiles to Syria, I think it is rather hypocritical of anyone in the US to have objections to this. Syria has the right to defend herself from Israel aggression. My post has been corrected.

Last edited:

Or course Israel doesn't want a fight. But neither does Russia I would imagine .8

This is about Israel selling missiles to Syria, I think it is rather hypocritical of anyone in the US to have objections to this. Syria has the right to defend herself from Israel aggression.

Israel selling Missiles to Syria ? what now? Didn't drink your coffee this morning ?

Or course Israel doesn't want a fight. But neither does Russia I would imagine .

Israel seldom misses a chance to miss a chance to fight, but not against a rival military with equal or superior numbers, arms, and technology. I don't think either side wants "all out war", but that doesn't mean a "limited" conflict that kills dozens (hundreds?) of Jews and Russians wouldn't qualify as a least worst case scenario in Jerusalem and Moscow.

It might prove very hard to shut that violence off, especially if "civilian" Jews die in any numbers.

Think back to the Israeli strike on Syria's nuclear facility in September of 2007

"On 14 October The New York Times cited U.S. and Israeli military intelligence sources saying that the target had been a nuclear reactor under construction by North Korean technicians, with a number of the technicians having been killed in the strike"

Should an equal number of Russians die in a similar manner, I'm guessing at least an equal number of Jews will die. And then...

Israel seldom misses a chance to miss a chance to fight, but not against a rival military with equal or superior numbers, arms, and technology. I don't think either side wants "all out war", but that doesn't mean a "limited" conflict that kills dozens (hundreds?) of Jews and Russians wouldn't qualify as a least worst case scenario in Jerusalem and Moscow.

It might prove very hard to shut that violence off, especially if "civilian" Jews die in any numbers.

Think back to the Israeli strike on Syria's nuclear facility in September of 2007

"On 14 October The New York Times cited U.S. and Israeli military intelligence sources saying that the target had been a nuclear reactor under construction by North Korean technicians, with a number of the technicians having been killed in the strike"

Should an equal number of Russians die in a similar manner, I'm guessing at least an equal number of Jews will die. And then...

The first line in your post is bullshit. If Israel is involved in a war or conflict, there's a damn good reason . You need to stop making Israel out to be these War hungry terrorists.
Israel wants peace more then you can imagine and your perception of them is distorted

Then why has Israel been condemned by the UNHRC more than all other states on the planet...?

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined."

COMBINED!

Israel was deliberately created to instigate wars of aggression in the heart of Arab oil.
If you're too brainwashed to consider that possibility, at least don't blame others for revealing the truth.

Then why has Israel been condemned by the UNHRC more than all other states on the planet...?

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined."

COMBINED!

Israel was deliberately created to instigate wars of aggression in the heart of Arab oil.
If you're too brainwashed to consider that possibility, at least don't blame others for revealing the truth.
George will ask a question then answer it. Lesson in futility?

Forum List

Back